Yellow | Loan Repaid

Yep. I can argue all day long my job is worth $150/hr but if I am willing to do it for $75/hr. It's not worth $150 even if my CEO makes $800million a year.
Doesn’t even make sense. However, I’ll argue that a CEO makes few to no uninformed decisions (BOD). And short of a founder or innovator, no one cog in a corporate machine is not worth 27x another cog of a different skillset.

Doesn’t even make sense. However, I’ll argue that a CEO makes few to no uninformed decisions (BOD). And short of a founder or innovator, no one cog in a corporate machine is not worth 27x another cog of a different skillset.
You missed the point. Anyone's "worth" is whatever someone accepts for a particular task. Anything else is just a made up number.

Why wouldn't a significant percentage of the many severely underpaid find work elsewhere?

I'd argue those that decided to go to work everyday liked to moan and groan about being underpaid, but ultimately they decided that trading their skills, knowledge, time and labor was worth what they were getting in return.
Mentioned this before, Ex. SENIORITY! When you're in a work environment where seniority is of paramount importance, that absolutely factors in to your decision processes. Kind of like a troubled marriage, which I've heard many of our transportation brethren (mostly airline pilots) allude to: you're pretty much married to the place, so do your all to make this marriage work. The alternatives carry a hefty price tag.

Mentioned this before, Ex. SENIORITY! When you're in a work environment where seniority is of paramount importance, that absolutely factors in to your decision processes. Kind of like a troubled marriage, which I've heard many of our transportation brethren (mostly airline pilots) allude to: you're pretty much married to the place, so do your all to make this marriage work. The alternatives carry a hefty price tag.
Yes, the security of seniority has value just as other factors - closeness to job, start time, etc., all have "value" to a particular worker and are part of the "worth" of the job.

Mentioned this before, Ex. SENIORITY! When you're in a work environment where seniority is of paramount importance, that absolutely factors in to your decision processes.

Yes. The advantages, benefits and protection of that security has value. Value that each employee is weighing in their decision. Nobody's chained to the steering wheel though they might feel like it sometimes. That employee isn't underpaid if they decide to stay. It's ultimately their decision how little they are paid.

Yes. The advantages, benefits and protection of that security has value. Value that each employee is weighing in their decision. Nobody's chained to the steering wheel though they might feel like it sometimes. That employee isn't underpaid if they decide to stay. It's ultimately their decision how little they are paid.
Agreed. These are factored in. Nonetheless, some of us were grossly underpaid for what we contributed to the organization. It is sad to me that there was little mechanism to reward those individuals for their efforts.

Why shouldn't every employee be paid based on the value they bring to their employer and the scarcity of the folks willing AND able to do their job?
If that were only true of CEOs......the companies don't try to find the best employee for the top jobs, they just recycle people who have failed at other jobs or people "that know someone".....(Bill Zollars for instance)......do companies ever advertise for such positions? There are many smart people out there that would do these jobs for less....if the companies just looked....Good old boys club lives on.....

If that were only true of CEOs......the companies don't try to find the best employee for the top jobs, they just recycle people who have failed at other jobs or people "that know someone".....(Bill Zollars for instance)......do companies ever advertise for such positions? There are many smart people out there that would do these jobs for less....if the companies just looked....Good old boys club lives on.....
While I can't argue that doesn't happen, there certainly is a fairly small pool of folks who have the skills to be a CEO at a very large corporation.

You know lots of truck drivers. When somebody needs a driver do you recommend somebody you know, or do you tell them to place an ad that there's got to be plenty of capable people out there willing to do the job for less?

While I can't argue that doesn't happen, there certainly is a fairly small pool of folks who have the skills to be a CEO at a very large corporation.

You know lots of truck drivers. When somebody needs a driver do you recommend somebody you know, or do you tell them to place an ad that there's got to be plenty of capable people out there willing to do the job for less?
They are smart people, it seems as though they would know the answer and act accordingly....

That may be, but unfortunately Yellow Corporation didn't seem very adept at tapping into that pool. To make matters worse, the CEO pretty much needs to live and breath that company's well-being. Too many of them are far more concerned for their own well-being instead of the company's. Yellow certainly doesn't have an exclusive on that.

That may be, but unfortunately Yellow Corporation didn't seem very adept at tapping into that pool. To make matters worse, the CEO pretty much needs to live and breath that company's well-being.

True. In hindsight, I'm not sure anybody could have rescued YRC. Too much debt. Too disgruntled workforce. Too restrictive work rules. A "successful" CEO was one who was just going to slow the sinking of the ship.