Yellow | Local Cartage & Utility (Plus/minus)

The road is going to handle the meet turns. The Union saves face there, At least they fought a little for us. It sounds like COL is losing the only decent run we could have had as a UE which is the CLD.
We'll it looks like no more $1 per hour for me.

Thanks Uncle Wiggly for the copy.

All turns under 220 miles one way will be handled by UE drivers....that came from a BA who is privy to the info......

I don't think the COL #'s indicate that, we run a couple of IND's a day that's 178. Maybe, it should be a good Union Meeting Tuesday.

Overall Road Driver Impact
Gaining Locations (+) Losing Locations (-)
Abilene, TX 1 Albany, NY -5
Alpena, MI 2 Baltimore, MD -3
Atlanta, GA 12 Buffalo, NY -9
Altoona, PA 2 Burlington, VT -1
Birmingham, AL 1 Chicago Ridge, IL -34
Beaumont, TX 1 Chattanooga, TN -2
Boston, MA 2 Columbia, MO -4
Brownsville, TX 1 Charlotte, NC -25
Bryan, TX 1 Carlstadt, NJ -2
Coldwater, MI 5 Columbus, OH -8
Cincinnati, OH 9 Charleston, WV -1
Clarksburg, WV 1 Cleveland/Richfield, OH -22
Detroit, MI 2 Dallas, TX -18
Davenport, IA 2 Dayton, OH -1
El Dorado, AR 1 Edison, NJ -4
Fort Smith, AR 1 Elizabeth, NJ -2
Fort Wayne, IN 1 Houston, TX -1
Fort Worth, TX 6 Huntsville, AL -2
Garland, TX 1 Indianapolis, IN -18
Greenville, TN 11 Keene, NH -2
Greenville, SC 4 Lancaster, PA -53
Hagerstown, MD 1 La Salle, IL -1
Harrisburg, PA 45 Lexington, KY -2
Jackson, MS 8 Maybrook, NY -1
Jackson, TN 1 Middletown, CT -4
Jonesboro, AR 2 North Reading, MA -1
Kansas City, MO 8 Parkersburg, W VA -1
Knoxville, TN 1 Philadelphia, PA -3
Lafayette, IN 1 Plattsburg, NY -1
Little Rock, AR 15 Pine Brook, NJ -2
Louisville, KY 7 Providence, RI -7
Manchester, NH 1 Queens, NY -2
McAllen, TX 3 Raphine, VA -5
Memphis, TN 2 Scranton, PA -1
Meridian, MS 1 Springfield, MA -4
Milwaukee, WI 2 St. Louis, MO -3
Montgomery, IL 1 Syracuse, NY -4
Nashville, TN 13 Toledo, OH -1
Paducah, KY 4 Wilson, NC -2
Richmond, VA 6 Worcester, MA -4
Salem, IL 1
San Antonio, TX 1
Salisbury, MD 1
South Bend, IN 2
Shelbyville, TN 1
Sherman, TX 2
Staunton, VA 1
Savannah, GA 2
Shreveport, LA 15
Traverse City, MI 1
Tupelo, MS 1
Terre Haute, IN 11
Texarkana, AR 5
Waco, TX 2
Wilmington, NC 1
Warren, OH 1
Wytheville, VA 1

Total Gains 238 Total Losses 266

Net (-28) Refer to Utility Change

Overall Cartage Impact
Gaining Locations (+) Losing Locations (-)
Coldwater, MI 24 Atlanta, GA -23
Cincinnati, OH 39 Baltimore, MD -1
Harrisburg, PA 40 Buffalo, NY -18
Richmond, VA 7 Chicago Ridge, IL -44
San Antonio, TX 12 Charlotte, NC -22
Shreveport, LA 30 Charleston, WV -2
Cleveland/Richfield, OH -6
Dallas, TX -50
Detroit, MI -6
Indianapolis, IN -31
Jackson, MS -31
Kansas City, MO -14
Lancaster, PA -93
Maybrook, NY -6
Memphis, TN -22
Nashville, TN -31
Oklahoma City, OK -3
Philadelphia, PA -1
St. Louis, MO -7

Total Gains 152 Total Losses -411

Net (-259) Refer to Utility Change

From the COO:

:attention:
Yellow Transportation would further propose that April 1, 2008 be utilized as a date to determine active status (layoff vs. active).

This will save a bundle for the company. Those of us near the bottom, afraid of being permanently laid off, will Lose Our Seniority and Foot The Bill to try and keep our jobs long term. :thumbsdown:

Thx for the email Uncle Wiggly

You're welcome Waggs.....STUDY THE CHANGES CAREFULLY!! If you are losing work to a neighboring facility, make sure that the numbers justify themselves. I've already started a legal pad with questions that I personally need answered along with questions that have been asked....."I gotta check with Carlos on that" isn't going to be a suitable answer this time. 45 road, 40 local and 12 UE in a newly established domicile (HBG) is nowhere near enough. They are moving our jobs to Harrisburg and we fully intend to fight for the gains to equal the losses, up to and including sending our own reperesenetive of the mens choosing to San Antonio to be heard on the record. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER boys and girls, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER boys and girls, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Very true UW. Last night was a little interesting at LCP, due to there being a uncomfortable moment for some in a pre-shift meeting. The supervisor gave the numbers on what HBG is getting and what we are losing. Then went on to say it was all equal and we would have jobs still, so lets take care of the customers. At that time, one guy dropped a couple f bombs to him self and saying out loud about something about being out of a job. The supervisor got him self tongue tied and then said,"look were just like you guys, we walked right into this tonight too."

Reality is beginning to set in and you can cut the tension with a knife.

Don't be a Pinkerton!

We_never_sleep.jpg

[list type=decimal]
[*]Pinkerton National Detective Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[*]Labor spies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[/LIST]

You're welcome Waggs.....STUDY THE CHANGES CAREFULLY!! If you are losing work to a neighboring facility, make sure that the numbers justify themselves. I've already started a legal pad with questions that I personally need answered along with questions that have been asked....."I gotta check with Carlos on that" isn't going to be a suitable answer this time. 45 road, 40 local and 12 UE in a newly established domicile (HBG) is nowhere near enough. They are moving our jobs to Harrisburg and we fully intend to fight for the gains to equal the losses, up to and including sending our own reperesenetive of the mens choosing to San Antonio to be heard on the record. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER boys and girls, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

CVE is -22 Road. Our East and West boards tie up about the first 230 guys on the roster. On April 1, our Road board was laid off from about 282. That means we have about 52 extra board guys that would qualify for a free move and the 100 or so below them that really could lose their job short term (-22) or long term, ARE SCREWED !!! There are NO CVE/RFO UE positions to cross into!!!

CVE is -22 Road. Our East and West boards tie up about the first 230 guys on the roster. On April 1, our Road board was laid off from about 282. That means we have about 52 extra board guys that would qualify for a free move and the 100 or so below them that really could lose their job short term (-22) or long term, ARE SCREWED !!! There are NO CVE/RFO UE positions to cross into!!!

At least there are decent places to transfer to, I know we won't have trouble getting 8 guys to go out of COL. Strange thing I notice in the change is that our road drivers will still go to CLD and sit on the clock 2-4 hours while the UE's are busy beavers. Another strange thing is we will be sending our west frieght to you guys in CVE/RFO also look at these maps remind you of anything the old outdated hub and spoke the company said was killing us. If this helps us be competitive I'll be quiet.

Lets face it Stan, dropping anchor isn't going to solve anything. Moving the freight for the time that you are in the employers service is something that we are bound to by contract. Studying the changes and screaming bloody murder until the iniquities are noticed is another thing entirely. Knowing our fearless leaders ties with the folks in 776 is a bit reassuring, at least they have a hand in it too. Being one of the largest freight locals in the east, there is a wealth of expierience there to bolster the cause. My new theme of "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
is the way to go.....arm yourselves with facts and arguments and attack. We are dealing with a fortune 500 company that doesn't give a rats *** whether Joe dockworker or Ronny road driver can pay his mortgage. I've sent out over 200 copies of both changes to whomever sends me their e-mail address and I will continue to do so. "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL."

They are going to have to feel their way through this crap just like we are.....I am the Captain of the ship when I leave the gate, you know as well as I do that if everybody doesn't play nice that all we are going to do is run ourselves out of a job eventually. If any of you management types are watching this, here's a suggestion; The men are more likely to work if they have A.) Stability and B.) Working conditions that do not put them or the motoring public at risk. Dictating from "on high" leads to nothing but hate and discontent....think about it.

They are going to have to feel their way through this crap just like we are.....I am the Captain of the ship when I leave the gate, you know as well as I do that if everybody doesn't play nice that all we are going to do is run ourselves out of a job eventually. If any of you management types are watching this, here's a suggestion; The men are more likely to work if they have A.) Stability and B.) Working conditions that do not put them or the motoring public at risk. Dictating from "on high" leads to nothing but hate and discontent....think about it.

I agree 100% UW. Everybody on the Boards will get to hear me yell, scream and rant, until I believe the COO is fair!!! I Will Not, Nor Will Anyone Ever Hear Me Say We Should Ever Slack Off Intentionly On Our Work!!!
I Take Great Pride In My Work And Advocate Everyone Else Do Also!!!

I Voted NO On The Contract And I Hate The COO Its Brought, As Written !!!
CHANGE HOWEVER IS INEVITABLE AND THE COMPANY HAS THE RIGHT TO CHART THE COURSE.
Hopefully, My Brothers Will Unite To Make Sure IT'S FAIR FOR ALL BROTHERS INVOLVED.

I think LCP should get straight dibs into Carlisle.

Doubt it cuz life isn't fair. The proposal suggests that ue positions be offered in terminal first, if no takers it will be up for national bid. I think that makes the most sense, but it reduces the opportunities for losing locations. Thanks wiggly for the news, get the facts and read them.