SAIA | Local City Driver Opening

truckermatt

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello,

At the Saia terminal in my area Green Bay, WI; I see that they are hiring a local city driver. According to careerbuilder.com pay is $18.76 to $20.43 an hour, is this starting or max pay?

I was wondering what a local city driver does: is it P&D and dock work, or run line-haul if need be?

I have 5 years of LTL experience and have a stable, lower paying driving job. Should I make the move?

Anything I should know about the company?

Thanks

city is P&D, less than a little dock work, Line haul is Volunteer, 18 is the start raises every 6 months ot after 40, line haul I think starts at .46 most likely you will be system, ( go everywhere), I have my problem with the company but it just like any other company at least those checks cash every week, So try it out i would if it made me more money

Well having already worked at conway, i know about BS, my preference would be city P&D dockwork doesnt bother me. I did it at conway and my current job.

The terminal i'd be out of is one that SAIA bought from Madison Freight , in WI so its a small barn, maybe its run differently than the originals.

thankfully in my area i have many choices for a job. SAIA , Dayton, R&L, Holland, YRC, Conway (did that already) UPSF, VITRAN, and some smaller ones also.