R&L | LTL carrier R+L settles allegations of cigarette trafficking -

Typical R+L fashion, do what you have to do to move the freight, just don't get caught. As long as you do not get in trouble this company will turn a blind eye.

well its good to see that the DOJ blasted the ATF for misusing SOME of the 162 million in profits its made from some of the stings....
A- id love to know just how much they 'misused' of that money, and where it went.
B- the 'blasting' they got im sure was a strongly worded email that was filed and forgotten the minute they got it.

and i cant wait for this new set of rules and meetings that will be red hot important, while they vaguely mention what the real deal is with why it happened in the first place. which im sure some may say why do you need to know anyway, to which id say that if i knew what they did and did wrong, id know not to make the same mistake. but you know how things are around here.
hush hush

Its not the drivers. They just love to blame the drivers for everything. R&L needs to look in the office first. You will be surprized what two of our dispatchers do, dock supervisor, and assistant tm. keep sending drivers for drug tests
I wonder how many of their drivers smoke,,,, Just Sayin :tongue:

Apparently this happens a lot and DHL, UPS and FedEx have all been in the same position and made the same agreements with New York.

I wish the article would have given more details, like where the freight was coming from. Looks like we got caught being greedy..