FedEx Freight | Medical Card

Twice Pipes

TB Veteran
Credits
For some of us blood pressure can be a problem getting your medical card, especially if your an older driver and not on medication. Last Monday I went down to the clinic to take my DMV physical. I hit 150/80. The technician told me I could get a 90 day card, then go to my doctor and be put on the pill. My wife who is an RN was with me and she monitors my blood pressure. She told the technician to use a larger cup. The cup size is the part that wraps around your arm. The wider it is the lower reading you will get. The second time I was 132/80 using the larger cup. My next stop was the dreaded DMV office. I hit it at 4.30 PM. The line was not out the door and down the street. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes. No more early morning visits to the DMV for me. I think I received about 15 notices from the company that my medical card was about to expire. Talk about over kill. I guess this is busy work for someone in Hootersville. Hope these handy hints will help someone out there. Keep on Trucking. TP

Thanks TP .. but I knew about the larger cuff ... and I monitor my BP, and my doctor does also ..its normaly real good ... except when I get to do the DOT .. :hyper: white coat fear .. I have it really bad then... its going to get me one of these days.

If your worried about your blood pressure there is a simple way to bring it down,,,,,,, work out. I'm not trying to be a smart ass and tell over weight truckers to lose some pounds and inches (although i'm sure it would help). An hour or to before your physical go to the gym or just go do something that gets your heart rate way up and makes you sweat like a pig, go jogging or play some basketball with your kid, give the dog a steak and chase it around trying to get it back, a good 45 minutes or so will dehydrate you and your heart rate will be a little slower when you cool down. Go take your physical and your pressure will be down. DISCLAIMER: Always consult a physician before starting any exercise program,,,,,, thats for the lawyers here.

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=82254.msg849938#msg849938 date=1279812911]
So was it like a D cup? :biglaugh:
[/quote]Wouldnt a D cup make his pressure go up?

[quote author=galaxy99dx link=topic=82254.msg850741#msg850741 date=1280018838]
Wouldnt a D cup make his pressure go up?
[/quote]
a d cup may raise it some but a double d would drive him over the edge :hyper:

When I get my blood pressure taken I alway think calming thought and think about lowering my blood pressure. Never fail I seem to get a hot nurse.

:shift: You know my blood pressure has always been really low around 107/75. If I am up tight about something it might read 112/80 but it all comes down to how deaf the person is who is taking it. I went to a new GP and the nurse took by BP and she said it was 135/75, I told her she needed to take it again as it had never been that high so she took it again and said that it was 122/72 still to high for my likeing but better than the first one. I don't think some of these people realize how this affects drivers if their blood pressure is to high. So, in hindsight have them take it at least 3 times just to make sure they aren't mis-counting the heart beats.