TForce | Meeting in Indianapolis

Mike01 said:
Which was me and Dude's point, Accelerator. You have no right to a witness. Maybe you got away with it two times.

On the other hand, all the company had to do was fire you on the spot for failure to follow instructions. Case closed. You are out of a job.
Sorry Mike01. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Go ahead and fire me. A mediocre labor lawyer would be able to get your job back. I had a good one and not only got my job back, but also got back pay!! Intimidation and harassment can be easly challenged. As a matter of fact, a couple months later the manager got canned and I continued to work for this non-union carrier until they closed up shop.

If you have a good work,and safety record,get along with your co-workers,and customers.

Why would you be terminated in that case?

Just not getting along with the TM's strange ideas of how he thinks you should conduct yourself,shouldn't get you the royal boot out the door.

I'm sure in that case Human Resourses would be able to lean on your TM to keep such a valuded employee working for your company.

I speak from experence,been there done that.

I've seen TM's come,and I've seen them go.
And I'm still happily working at UPS Freight,after 20 plus years.

hugnlug said:
Sorry Mike01. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Go ahead and fire me. A mediocre labor lawyer would be able to get your job back. I had a good one and not only got my job back, but also got back pay!! Intimidation and harassment can be easly challenged. As a matter of fact, a couple months later the manager got canned and I continued to work for this non-union carrier until they closed up shop.
You say all you had to do was get a lawyer and you got your job back with back pay ..that's great but one question ,who paid for the lawyer??:punk: ...CRAZY

crazy said:
You say all you had to do was get a lawyer and you got your job back with back pay ..that's great but one question ,who paid for the lawyer??:punk: ...CRAZY
The company. When you loose you pay. Though at the time, I almost lost everything because I couldn't get a job that paid anything. Pretty dark days. Not one of my more stellar moments of life!!

As a rule whenever you sue,most lawyers that think they can win your case,won't require any money up front.
But when you get your settelment than the average lawyer fee is one third of whatever the court decides you should be paid by the party that wronged you.

Apostolic said:
As a rule whenever you sue,most lawyers that think they can win your case,won't require any money up front.
But when you get your settelment than the average lawyer fee is one third of whatever the court decides you should be paid by the party that wronged you.
Call 1-800-Apostolic!! Get what you so rightly deserve!!

webidiot said:
that is what I want to do pay a lawyer 100,000 to try and get back a worthless job that does not pay worktime or sick leave.....hello

WELL ,SCINCE YOU PUT IT THAT WAY, i WOULD'NT EITHER.

MY CAPS. LOCK IS GETTING THE BEST OF ME TONIGHT.

Any info about the meetings that were in Indy this week???:14:I know a few upsf'ers that are waiting for any info...:shades: :shades:..CRAZY

Good job, Skeeter. It's nice to see someone else doing their homework.

Let me say this, if antone is thinking NMFA or are just curious, check out NMFA Library Table of Contents All articles of the contract are there. It takes awhile to go through them, but it's worth it. And very eye-opening.

crazy said:
Any info about the meetings that were in Indy this week???:14:I know a few upsf'ers that are waiting for any info...:shades: :shades:..CRAZY
what meetings in indy are you talking about ..we didn't have any union meetings if thats what you are asking.The only meetings I know about was in DC.and that was last week.When I find out things I will post them ..:USA:

Browne1 said:
Just me, I would like to thank you and all of the people at the Indy terminal for sticking your necks out to try to help the rest of us. I wish you guys the best and soon we will be right behind you. Any and I mean any info you have pls let everyone know...
Thanks very much I will let everyone know things as we find them out ..go to teamsters.org they have a little on there for you to read:USA: