Estes | Meeting in kc

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
well Jr came to town and talked to all of us. kinda cool what he had to say. how we are doing why we are doing what we are doing.
I think a lot of guys got questions answered.
I didn't realize Jr has been with the company since 1959 ....... wow. talk about hanging in there. man we are making changes but i see the good in them. like most of you have said in prior threads. I like we as a company are working on service .. that's good. it is what pays the bills. ya all be safe . :shift:TBB

It's probably all good if you work out of KC but come to one of the terminals around (the smaller ones) we are gettin it handed to us.

BB I'm thinking some of you guys probably asked Jr. about re-bids and maybe changing the bid policy. If you did what did have to say about it?

Yep old Jr. has been around for a while. You know he quit Estes at one time and went out on his own as an owner operator.Then came back and worked his way up.Get him to tell you the story next time you see him,beerboy.

well he said we will see what "our drivers want to do" referring to the poll comming out. Ya Jr dont beat too far around the bush. I like him. straight shooter. I have met him before right when minneapolis opened up so i knew how he was. good people.
and he does have that draw... wow.

Ok. Ya I've spent some time around him myself. He's one of the sharpest minds in the biz today IMO.
He's pretty funny to when he gets loose and starts joking around.
Gonna hate it when he retires. He's been the bread and butter man for the LTL division of Estes for a long time.

Well me personally have never got to talk to him, but my first question would be who is more important to this company? Covenant drivers, Us Express, etc all the contractors or the Drivers here that work for the BIG E.

It was real fun watching all those Covenant trucks pullin are pups in and out the gate last week at Chicago while I sat there for 3.5 hours waiting to go somewhere.

Ok. Ya I've spent some time around him myself. He's one of the sharpest minds in the biz today IMO.
He's pretty funny to when he gets loose and starts joking around.
Gonna hate it when he retires. He's been the bread and butter man for the LTL division of Estes for a long time.

Retires!!! Jr. will decease in his chair in Richmond,KD.:biglaugh:Company man all the way.You're right, he can be the biggest joker when he gets wound up.But don't get on his bad side.And as long as you do your job and don't lie to him,he's great to have on your side.

meeting

you maybe right about jr. but in my mind the years i have been here, i have always thought that he is the reason we are stuck back in the 1950's. i sure would like to step into the future before i retire.

you maybe right about jr. but in my mind the years i have been here, i have always thought that he is the reason we are stuck back in the 1950's. i sure would like to step into the future before i retire.

Well, you are probably right donut. But, I think that maybe one reason we are,where we are.Estes has always taken things on the patience side.Take it slow,it'll come around.Now, if things start coming fast at them in the near future,they better get busy and update our technology. If you don't have the "nerds",then you fall behind quickly.

Speaking of 1950. That'a how long Joe paterno has been walking the sidelines at penn st. I bet those folks up yonder are glad they didn't change anything. They are expected to be one of the top dogs this year just like us. . .be patient

That'a funny stark. I didnt read your post until I posted mine. We must be on the same page.lol

That's funny stark. I didn't read your post until I posted mine. We must be on the same page.lol

Fact is fact,mildew.A lot of "outside" people seem to think we are just a bunch of "country bumpkins".That Rob just crawled out from under a rock.The tech-no thing, is on the way.We have a lot of good and smart people that work for us.A lot of guys knocked the GI guys when they came on board.I never did.I thought with "more good minds,come more good ideas".That's what Rob needs now more than anything,ideas.They are asking more from us nowadays, than they ever have before,speaking of ideas and new ways to do things.We'll be ok.As long as we all pull together and not get divided.

Wonder what ever happened to the Blackberry idea?
I thought that sounded like a good deal but it seems to have kinda died away.

P.S. Dew, I knew Paterno had been at Penn. a long time but I did'nt realize it had been since the 50's wow! Time sure flies by.

Wonder what ever happened to the Blackberry idea?
I thought that sounded like a good deal but it seems to have kinda died away.

P.S. Dew, I knew Paterno had been at Penn. a long time but I did'nt realize it had been since the 50's wow! Time sure flies by.

I think they are still testing it,KD. Haven't really heard nothing lately. Got bigger fish to fry,I guess.

Yea kd. That's how long he's been there "coaching" I think he was there earlier than that doing something else. About the blackberries. They probably didn't want us texting, chat'n and spending too much time on truckingboards while hammering down the highway.lol