Merritt, BC, Canada,Fatal Semi driver in a fiery crash when the driver hit a bridge .

This was my brother, his name is Thomas Wayne Hogue. He is (was) an awesome driver. We still don't know what happened, and with the NO SKID marks makes me (as well as his 3 sisters and 4 brothers) wounder if it was a medical thing. TOM was a veteran driver and would have celebrated his 48th birthday on July 15th. We will not know what happened until the investigation and autopsy is done. TOM We will miss you and as you said in your last facebook entry "God be with you all" Love you. All you truckers out there.. Please drive safe. Another 2 brothers are out there and hall more than bread, they hall black card stuff and I worry everyday. Please say a prayer for all that drive on the highways for US.

Barbara Ann Hogue

I do the crash search all over North America including Canada,and am always very sorry to see any of these reports when a trucker is killed.
Now being a retired UPS safety trainer, I thought he either fell asleep at the wheel,or it could have been medical like you think bashahogue.
The other thought I had was he could have been cut-off,by a speeding car,or another Semi,which can happen so fast he wouldn't of had time to hit the brakes.

God have mercy on you,and the rest of his family,friends,and co-workers,may God grant you peace that whatever may have happened,the authorities will figure it out,and give you some closer.

Hey all driver,

I am Tom Hogue's oldest daughters. I was reading some of the posts and just thought I should let you know that my daddy ( or as many drivers knew him as flat top Tom ) was in get health and we think that it was the truck that was having issues. I want to wish all you drivers safe on the roads. I have been the since I was born and all the respect for truck drivers out there! May you all drive safe and have safe trip

Be safe

Tanya M Hogue

Sorry for your loss,I want to also say I am nobody's judge.
I sometimes try to read into these fatal crashes to see if more comes out about the cause.
As well as look for any updated reports to show what the cause was.

I do an internet search and post most of the commercial crashes here to show how short split second can be a lost life,or life altering for all involved.
I hate it whenever I see any truckers die in the course of their careers.