Yellow | Milwaukee (313) is going in the can

the wis. kid

TB Lurker
Credits
Worked Friday and was slow as hell, new updated bids coming out and more cuts are coming. Also hear that some more frt. will be deverted soon also? Kenosha is what i hear, For all the frt. the company gave away they should close this place down and give it to holland but with the closing of terminals on the east coast and last year on the southern coast I think the midwest could be next?

No YRC terminal in kenosha but i hear that the frt. mite be going by-by, would not put nothing behind what kent a---s says, but who knows time will tell! That barn (Milwaukee) made a lot of money for the company and service was great, man did they really put that place in the tank. They just dont care about the customers frt. anymore, after all the customer still pays our bills. I think

If you are referring to me, that was before their last change of ops which took a third of our area away.

If he wasn't referring to you sarge i am. you just about said i was talking out of my A-HOLE, before the coo or not i was right and beleive me more is coming. How much more i need to figure out what our master has plan for this place and how long he intends to keep the frt. levels down! The other barns could not even get the frt. out as fast as we did and you know how good we were, but upper management right now would rather see a loss of revenue for the time being. All they what to do is pay the electric bills wth the frt. they are getting and pay the bank on the lay off labor of teamsters. BANK ON IT!!

Unfortunately wis kid there is no getting around the fact that upper management has something against 313.
whether it is we wouldn't let them bring in those guys from out east, or we told them we had to be a 5 day barn, or we told them everyonen had to have cdl's or that we use too much fmla, or I'm sure I forgot something, they can be mad all they want but all we wanted was what was right. If we were wrong we would not have won "all" the greivences.
Yet no matter how many times they kick us, we keep moving the frieght at high levels and making the company money.
We have been running 4.5 bills and load factor last week was 39,000. What more can you ask for.
Lets just hope at some point they see the light before we are all gone!

Well put sarge, but with the frt. that we use to pick up and the volume of frt. that yellow picked up it sure is sad that the level of frt. in the city has droped off so much. I think the customers had enough of YRC. PS I TRULY HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU

You guy's keep forgetting to mention that our almighty TM has a history of closing big facilities and he's doing a fine job of doing the same here.

I just received a call from one of the boys on the seniority list, yup you bet he just got layed off with nine others and was told there could be more in a few months. This is getting old. Get the frt. back that was taken away from us before it's to late. :ranting2:

10 layed off local cartage. Down to 84 bids with 8 on call.
They told one of the guys layed off that corp. wanted 18 layed off.

If corp. needed 18 layed off 18 would be layed off, you know who is just trying to look like the good guy here when all he is is just a bag of ::shit::. listen sarge more cuts are comeing, with all the CC'S they can go down in the low 70's. PS. I hear Estes is moving in the Holland terminal and Holland is moving in the Oak Creek terminal with guess who? We don't need that size of barn anymore for just Yellow and Roadway now do we? Also I hear that the goverment ok'd that the companys need not put money in retirement accounts for one year with out any penalties, thats way YRC whats to get out of giving the IBT any money and they will get it.:ranting2: Sorry if you don't beleive me but i think i have been right so far.

At what point do you think it will take before "Clark" Kent will be to expensive to have around. Or will they keep Mr. slash and burn till the end?

How come no one posted this article that is on the estes board? Wis Kid may be right that holland is coming to our barn but it say's that yrc signed a ten year lease with most facilities,then again Estes is busting at the seams in Racine.

YRC Worldwide Further Enhances Financial Position

Cut throat Kent will be around for a good time but some more managements cut are there. I hear Estes needs this terminal that is why there is no lease back with YRC. I say by the end of the year a new dovetail will be coming there way (yellow & roadway)

Low 70's, I don't believe that low, but could they go lower, yes.
Don't forget we are coming into vacation time so they will need a few more.
Also I agree whole heartedly about trying to look good saying they wanted 18 but only layed off 10, if they were told 18 it would be 18.
One of the drivers ran into M. Smith our old city dispatch man, he was putting in an ap. at Estes in Racine, he also told the driver that Estes was moving into Holland terminal and Holland was moving in with us.
Move over and make some room.