XPO | Monday Meeting/Video

imported_Bubba22

TB Lurker
Credits
There is supposed to be a very, very, very important video at Mondays meeting.
It supposed to outline "changes".
Is it possible that the boys at corporate are going to take more away from us again?
Has anyone heard anything?:drama:

There is supposed to be a very, very, very important video at Mondays meeting.
It supposed to outline "changes".
Is it possible that the boys at corporate are going to take more away from us again?
Has anyone heard anything?:drama:

I doubt they are going to take anything...the enrollment packages have been sent out...so no change there...recieved 2.5% money back...no change there as well. The whole 401K thing not even mentioned to any extent..so that is dead as well.

Most likely operational changes...something I have been expecting for quite some time. Keep in mind the bidding process begins in a few weeks. Next week is a black out week...so they have a captive audience save for those on medical or funeral leave. If one is one funeral leave they will still see the video well before the bidding process begins.

About the only thing they could do to the P&D environment is change the flex board percentages...perhaps from 85/15 to say 70/30..doesn't really accomplish anything.

My best guess is the changes will be in the LH end...things I have mentioned before. And they want these changes out in the open well before the bidding process.

I also look for some personnel policy changes...just a hunch on my part. Based on the severe lack of approval indicated in the survey results.

Then there is the never heard from Lean Six Sigma program...something may come from that as well...and maybe some input from the VTT program.

Time will tell...

My $0.02

Rat

One of the rumors I heard we are going to pick linehaul or city this year and that is where we will stay from now on .. or go to the bottom of the board if you switch from one to another .. i guess it will be a carbon copy of fed ex's .... just a rumor i heard ...

One of the rumors I heard we are going to pick linehaul or city this year and that is where we will stay from now on .. or go to the bottom of the board if you switch from one to another .. i guess it will be a carbon copy of fed ex's .... just a rumor i heard ...

This has been one my 'suspicions' for quite some time...

Once again it serves no purpose....but what has?

Rat

Rat

Rat .. it was a rumor I heard today that was floating around ...
honestly though ... why fix something that is not broke .. wait this is con way ... what was i thinking

HEY...Leave us out of it......We have enough trouble of our own already.....:biglaugh:

Rat .. it was a rumor I heard today that was floating around ...
honestly though ... why fix something that is not broke .. wait this is con way ... what was i thinking

Exactly...monkey see...monkey do!

Rumors are bouncing around all over the place...if any are true remains to be seen.

Aside from that there are going to be changes of some kind....what those are can only be guessed! There are people involved that shouldn't be anywhere near another human being in regards to policy...but alas they are...Think Brucie M....so we have to deal with it as best we can.

These rocket scientists are constantly 'tweaking' things..and many of those don't need to be tweaked. This may just turn out to be micro-management at its finest considering the wage giveback and the ensuing insurance increase insult.

Rat

That's floating around out here also. Hope there is nothing to it.

Rat
I heard the same thing last night. I thought they would do this last year. From what I heard (RUMOR) was that if we switched we would go to the bottom of the board for ONE year and then get our seniority back. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS??!!! Monkey see monkey do. What really pisses me off is that in the last video they talked about building our Brand!!! We had a good Brand to begin with. They (Current Management) are the reason we need to improve it. They are the ones that tore us down. We became what we once were because we were not like other Companies. Now they have made us just one of the crowd.
I also heard things about everyone going to a 70 Hour Week . Also heard things about bidding twice a year due to the current economy and business fluctuations. Which if true would be the reason for freezing the city/line haul boards and dropping to the bottom for one year. If we were to bid twice a year drivers could bid city during the winter and the road during the summer. BUT ALL RUMOR!!! What ever the video is about I have a positive attitude about it. I am positive they will find a way to shaft us more than they already have . Especially the Senior Drivers!!!
Afterwards the B.O.D will give the Chrystal Palace more Stock Options and a big bonus.

:mad:Ok now, after numerous calls and attempted e-mails I've gotten only this much, no one is speaking because there was supposedly {rumor} a non disclosure statement signed regarding the "BIG" announcement on Monday.
If that is indeed the case then there is much, much more to this than we all suspect {merger,buyout, sellout ???}
My wife who has been thru numerous mergers in her profession seems to feel a merger is the most likely of the three or more options to consider.
Hmmmmmm, only time will tell.
My .026% worth.:Bondage:

no overtime until 50+ hours didnt you here thats why old dominon operating ratio is the lowest ,anytime they hint in a vidio about something other companys do next couple vidios thats what we have .hint talking about other company pay cuts before we got ours

From my "I've heard's" I think this has more to do with massive changes to the line-haul system than it does to the bidding process. I could be wrong, but I think the video is gonna say if you take x bid this is what you'll be doing - bid carefully. I could be totally wrong though.

From my "I've heard's" I think this has more to do with massive changes to the line-haul system than it does to the bidding process. I could be wrong, but I think the video is gonna say if you take x bid this is what you'll be doing - bid carefully. I could be totally wrong though.

Well I don't know how it is by you but our runs change every night. We don't always have the same thing. One night this week we only had three runs over 400 miles. The sent another group of guys to take 6 or 7 of our runs from us. How can they say you have to bid something and stick to it when "it" is never the same? I am sure there will be changes (there always is) and well, I am sure most won't like it. I am going to stay positive and hope that they are going to change something for the better. Maybe we can walk away with a smile on our face instead of pulling a knife out of our back. I'm just say'n!

no overtime until 50+ hours didnt you here thats why old dominon operating ratio is the lowest ,anytime they hint in a vidio about something other companys do next couple vidios thats what we have .hint talking about other company pay cuts before we got ours

Hell, I've worked line for 23+ years and haven't got any overtime yet let alone after 50!

Well I don't know how it is by you but our runs change every night. We don't always have the same thing. One night this week we only had three runs over 400 miles. The sent another group of guys to take 6 or 7 of our runs from us. How can they say you have to bid something and stick to it when "it" is never the same? I am sure there will be changes (there always is) and well, I am sure most won't like it. I am going to stay positive and hope that they are going to change something for the better. Maybe we can walk away with a smile on our face instead of pulling a knife out of our back. I'm just say'n!

Ours change nightly also - they're generally in the same ballpark but they do vary. My opinion, and my opinion only, is major changes are coming to how, when, and how often we run those schedules.