Estes | more changes ???

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
word out on the phone is dock will be laid off. bottom city will go to the dock. bottom linehaul will go to the city. been hearin of memos ?? :popcorn: anybody see this ??

word out on the phone is dock will be laid off. bottom city will go to the dock. bottom linehaul will go to the city. been hearin of memos ?? :popcorn: anybody see this ??

I haven't heard anything. We've remained pretty steady all year. Some peaks and valleys in the freight level, but we're a break. I'm not sure how things are elsewhere. Seems most if not all of our city guys get their hours. We're all just kind of waiting until after Christmas to see how things will be.

What about bottom dispatcher's, bottom assistant tm's, bottom sales people, bottom vice presidents, bottom saftey mgr's. I hate it but Dock workers and truck drivers is what make this company tick. Replace the white collars with blue collars and you still have a trucking company. Replace the blue collars with the white collars and the company folds.

just my thought it seems we are moving more to a fed ex (American freight) system where you weed out all the non cdl employees and have everyone on the dock with cdl. just my weird wired brain thinking. that ways no matter what you got a mess of qualified drivers always on hand

just my thought it seems we are moving more to a fed ex (American freight) system where you weed out all the non cdl employees and have everyone on the dock with cdl. just my weird wired brain thinking. that ways no matter what you got a mess of qualified drivers always on hand

That's what we got over here beerboy, A whole lot of dockworkers with a CDL.:1036316054:

not heard anything like that outa my barn like that yet, but it would'nt surprise me. Heard last night that in Harrisburg over 50 guys in bunkroom up there. Some had been there over 2 days...anybody up there know if that's right?

not heard anything like that outa my barn like that yet, but it would'nt surprise me. Heard last night that in Harrisburg over 50 guys in bunkroom up there. Some had been there over 2 days...anybody up there know if that's right?

You would be 100% correct with that. Central saw that we have all this freight sitting here, but what they failed to see is that it's not even been broke yet.

sounds like line haul won't be able to go city. maybe its up to tm ?? :shrug:

What irritates me about the way they like to do things. Is the fact that instead of laying off from bottom to top in overall seniorty at a barn. They go right for the dockworkers first. At least that's how things were done here last time we layed off. Yet again time served with the company is worthless. :nutkick: Guess we'll see how things turnout. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.