ABF | Moving On

Pissed Teamster

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm an employee at YRC (dock- CHI) & have been trying to get hired at ABF. I've been with the company since 2006 while in the industry since 2005. I don't know why, but I have not had any luck at even getting an interview. It's been awhile since I last applied, but is there any advice? Thank you! A fellow Teamster currently disgruntled.

Hello Pissed Teamster. I hear you loud and clear. I remember jumping ship from YRC to ABF in 2012. Yeah it's frustrating nowadays seeing people with no LTL experience getting instant seniority/no probationary period, while it took me 1 year to the day for me to earn seniority. Anyway, I assume you applied online. If it has been a while (weeks, months, a year), I would go back online to see if that position is still available. If it is, I would try to reapply. Whatever the outcome of that scenario, another thing I would do is just call or visit the terminal, and ask to speak to the terminal manager or human resources dept. In my 30 plus year career as a Teamster, I have used this method to gain some good employment. I've always figured the worst they're going to tell you is "NO! We're not hiring!", and yes, I remembered hearing that quite a bit too! Also, if you know anybody that works at that terminal try to have them put in a good word for you. They even get a bonus if you get hired. Be active in your goal to get hired. It will happen! Wishing you gainful employment at ABF soon. Take care. -Slue-

I'm an employee at YRC (dock- CHI) & have been trying to get hired at ABF. I've been with the company since 2006 while in the industry since 2005. I don't know why, but I have not had any luck at even getting an interview. It's been awhile since I last applied, but is there any advice? Thank you! A fellow Teamster currently disgruntled.
If you know a BA down to the hall ask him to get you on. Most BA’s usually have some pull with these managers.

Do you hve a cdl?