XPO | mr. conway

goofytoes-4

TB Lurker
Credits
Please be informed that we say you on sixty minutes and I am really sorry that you only get a few days notice before our soldiers report to duty but the families get the same amount of timeee.....thank what they are going thrue........we can shift drivers around and I am sure that we as drivers and dock workers would be glad to9 help...THE SOLDIERS DIDN,T START TE WAR YOUR FRIEND GW DID........GIVE THE SOLDIERS A BREAK...........

This isn't about GW, it isn't about the upcoming election but PLEASE LEARN HOW WAR IS DECLARED IN THE UNITED STATES!! U take government in school??

In the United States Declarations of War are made by Congress which makes the rules for the military.

Terriorist took down the twin towers, went for the Pentagon and it took MONTHS for war to be declared and then it was a 100% "FOR" VOTE IN CONGRESS. The GW signed the declaration on war. Congress (Senators and Representatives) make up the bills and pass them. The president will sign them. If he vetoes the bill then Congress can override his veto with majority vote.

The Senators and Representatives do NOT RUN any state. SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES USUALLY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN RUNNING ANYTHING UNLESS THEY WERE A MAYOR OR GOVERNOR AT THE VERY LEAST. They go to congress to write bills and get money to their states and by doing so the people in their state will vote them back in. Governors down to mayors actually run your state on a more direct level.

Declaration of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm behind you on the taking care of our military, our soldiers but Democrats want to cut spending to them and fight them when they try to receive their benefits. If you want more information on that I can send you an email address of a disabled vet that is very active in rights for veterans and he can show you how to support our soldiers and vets.

Study the way our government works.

This isn't about GW, it isn't about the upcoming election but PLEASE LEARN HOW WAR IS DECLARED IN THE UNITED STATES!! U take government in school??

Terriorist took down the twin towers, went for the Pentagon and it took MONTHS for war to be declared and then it was a 100% "FOR" VOTE IN CONGRESS. The GW signed the declaration on war. Congress (Senators and Representatives) make up the bills and pass them. The president will sign them. If he vetoes the bill then Congress can override his veto with majority vote.

The Senators and Representatives do NOT RUN any state. SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES USUALLY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN RUNNING ANYTHING UNLESS THEY WERE A MAYOR OR GOVERNOR AT THE VERY LEAST. They go to congress to write bills and get money to their states and by doing so the people in their state will vote them back in. Governors down to mayors actually run your state on a more direct level.

Declaration of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm behind you on the taking care of our military, our soldiers but Democrats want to cut spending to them and fight them when they try to receive their benefits. If you want more information on that I can send you an email address of a disabled vet that is very active in rights for veterans and he can show you how to support our soldiers and vets.

Study the way our government works.
Good point tdw. Can someone tell me where i can find the Con-Way threads?:hide:

I am not debating how wars are declared but the president and his friends can miss lead the sheep....this wasn,t a political statement this was in support of the soldiers and the soldiers only I hope you say sixty minutes and listion to mr conway

sorry about the spelling but I get really upset when it comes to our troops and I have a few good reasons

I'm not happy about our needing troops to head out and give their lives for us. But there are those that have a warrior/terrorist type of thinking and want to bring down everything different from it's own entity.

I have had family members in the last several wars, including this one. The family next lost their son in Iraq a couple of years ago. Although the town next to us is very small they did name a section of the highway through town after him. My uncle suffered PTSD and from Agent Orange until the day he died, he was never the laughing, happy go lucky of years gone by when he came home from Vietnam.

I want our soldiers home too but I want the job done right the first time so they won't have to defend us again. At least not in our lifetime.:1036316054:

Please be informed that we say you on sixty minutes and I am really sorry that you only get a few days notice before our soldiers report to duty but the families get the same amount of timeee.....thank what they are going thrue........we can shift drivers around and I am sure that we as drivers and dock workers would be glad to9 help...THE SOLDIERS DIDN,T START TE WAR YOUR FRIEND GW DID........GIVE THE SOLDIERS A BREAK...........
GW didn't start this party, A rag did. Please look up 9/11 you will see what happened.

As a deployed soldier Con-way does help support my famliy and I a great many ways. They don't have too do it. They also put up with short noticed training and schools. I thank them for the support.

gov . Thank you four service, Be carefull over there and come back safe! That goes to all our men and women serving werever they are stationd. And yes a rag started this a long time ago...15 yrs or so. Just took us a while to put it all together.

again ,first I'm sorry about your uncle, I served three tour in vietnam as a volunteer with the 101 67 to 70 and came back disabled, my father and grandfather served in ww2 and korea, I lost a family member last year in Irag and my son is leaving for his sixth tour.....so yes I am aware of the cost of this war up front and personal....My statement was about the interview on 60 min. about c orp. am. and the interview with Mr. conway and how hard it is for our co. to hold jobs for our empoyees as they go serve in the war how vets returning from the war and the co. did not give thier jobs back ,which is against the law.......Im sorry you folks missed it but you might want to see if you can get a copy f it and watch the interview.......and yes I want the war won other wise my son and may others will have to go back again.........

No idea what you watched, or think you heard......I have had three individuals deploy from my location, over the past five years......all of whom returned safely, all of whom returned to the same job, with the same pay/benefits we all get, with the SAME seniority position, and, were allowed to bump in where their seniority would allow, the DAY they returned to work.......In each of their cases, they indeed were making LESS money, on a weekly paycheck basis after returning to work at C.W......that is because the military, on active duty, in a TAX-FREE war zone, with all of the "extras" (like BAS, BAH, "No-Nookie" pay, etc...)pays better than most (if not all) regular jobs in the outside world........Hello, that is why so many of those who have been called to active, from the reserve side, have chosen to stay active and not return to their former jobs anyway.....

If anyone can remember, we were warned by a man named oliver north, during iran gate. Mr north also stated that he has fears of a man name bin laden. Our politicians did not listen to him, both sides. (republicans/democrates) this was not mr bushes war. Just happened on his watch.

No, didn't see it. I do apologize for my tone in the post. I managed to 'talk' to some kids yesterday that have no clue how our government is run and it's amazing that people get to vote without knowledge of how our government works.

GT, I do know of someone that is also disabled and has a lot of knowledge of help when it comes to benefits, PTSD, and what is due a vet upon his return. As for the media, I'd rather go back and read reports that have nothing to do with the media or today's ads on tv. I also watch clips of each canadate to see what they've said in the past and now. I've been to their websites and read up.

This is what I base my decision on. That and a lot of prayers.

Thank you for your service, and thank each of your family members that have/are serving.:USA:

again ,first I'm sorry about your uncle, I served three tour in vietnam as a volunteer with the 101 67 to 70 and came back disabled, my father and grandfather served in ww2 and korea, I lost a family member last year in Irag and my son is leaving for his sixth tour.....so yes I am aware of the cost of this war up front and personal....My statement was about the interview on 60 min. about c orp. am. and the interview with Mr. conway and how hard it is for our co. to hold jobs for our empoyees as they go serve in the war how vets returning from the war and the co. did not give thier jobs back ,which is against the law.......Im sorry you folks missed it but you might want to see if you can get a copy f it and watch the interview.......and yes I want the war won other wise my son and may others will have to go back again.........

there are a lot of bennys due to the vets when they come backand if any have problems e-mail me and I will get them what they need I have a great group out here...we also have some return vets from Irag and afgan and they got their position back...I was just dissappointed that mr. connoly or conway was on sixty minutes complaining about the cost that our company was absorbing when one of our employees went over seas in defense of our country....thier families have a very high cost thats alll I was saying.....and for him to go on t.v. and to me he was complaining about conways costt.........

You're a good man Mr. GT! :1036316054:

there are a lot of bennys due to the vets when they come backand if any have problems e-mail me and I will get them what they need I have a great group out here...we also have some return vets from Irag and afgan and they got their position back...I was just dissappointed that mr. connoly or conway was on sixty minutes complaining about the cost that our company was absorbing when one of our employees went over seas in defense of our country....thier families have a very high cost thats alll I was saying.....and for him to go on t.v. and to me he was complaining about conways costt.........

This is what the OP is talking about.
A 60 Minutes news story.

"The private employers cannot supplement, cannot support the full cost of defending this nation on our balance books," says Dave Miller, vice president of Con-way freight, a national trucking firm. .

Watch the 60 Minutes segment with yours truly... Dave Miller. (Yes he is in the news now so his last name is being used)
Con-way went above and beyond what they were required to do and did very good job for our troops However the constant re-deployments is getting to be a burden.
picture3ga3.png
picture5hs8.png

Reservists' Rocky Return To Job Market 4 minute mark.
Good Job, Good Points David Miller!!!!!

its a burden on everybody especially the spouses of the deployed.....freedom isn't cheap just ask a soldier or his spouse or his parents......the private employer doesn't foot the entire burden tax payers and the soldier families foot a large bill.......

I had city drivers come off the street last night saying that total strangers were walking up to them to say thank you for what Con-way does for it's deployed troops...I watched and taped the 60 minutes piece, with a great deal of pride...
I also noticed that UPS was named as one of the companies being sued by employees for not following the law in this matter...Damn, where's the union when you need them..??
So I'll live in this moment, I thought it was real nice one for Con-way...