My plan for Wednesday

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So last Wednesday I ran a horrible route and did all kinds of things that only a person unfamiliar with the route and area would do that would screw them self well I screwed my self real good. Well today I had that same route and things went like a 1,000,000 times smoother. I made all 20 of my stops heck even beat a few customers and had to wait on them. I made it back to the yard at a decent time, everyone got there product, I did make a bad paper work error, but oh well will live, I just won't do it again.

Sometimes customers don't like it when there regular guy is gone and they have to deal with a new guy, not that anyone was terrible, got talked to by a convenient store owner, because apparently last week my stacks were spaced out to much. However like Ted Ward said customers talking about stupid stuff like that, none of that at the end of the day means a thing. I just told the man "sorry" and put the stacks closer together this time around. Other then that, oh I suppose I had one employee at some bar get a little testy because we had a large keg delivery and they had to put all the kegs in place and all of that stuff, plus I left a bunch of empty kegs there last week, which whatever, I took about 10 empty's out of there today so I fixed all that. As far as them having to move kegs around, well hey that's not my problem, once again none of that means a thing.

Other then that, the day went, pretty good trust me, I learned a couple other tricks about this route that will make it go even smoother next time around. Like they say the second time usually goes easier then the first and the third goes easier then the second and the 10th goes easier then the third.

As they say "When you know, better you do better."

Hey Mike, I had a plan for today as well, but it damn sure didn't include 986 cases and 13.5 hours, pffftt...this old man is back in delivery shape though! I am still a fat ass but I can move like a mug!!

This is my undershirt from today. I was working hard!

I had a plan for today too, of course that plan didn't include getting screwed over at 2 grocery stores and 1 country club which cost me probably 2.5-3 hours of time. Didn't get back to the yard until about 6 O'clock or so. Got to my first stop right on time no waiting first truck in the dock, had to wait a half hour at least for the receiver to show up even though she should have been there. Then I had to wait for a good half hour at least at my next stop, for a dock to open up plus all the time spent checking the order in, it was pretty crappy. Then I got to a country club that had 2 invoices, which I thought, was odd, but what ever unloaded the manager looks at the invoices calls the food and beverage guy and said "Oh my that was a giant snaffoo that the sales department made, please take 20 cases of beer back 10 cases of lose 12oz bottles and then 10 cases of 12NRS oh and 2 1/2 barrel kegs of beer had to come off as well and get reloaded. Ugh! Just got screwed what can I say?

Are you hourly? If you're hourly, the I say good job, you made some extra dough today. If your not hourly, I'm sorry you got screwed.

And thanks for airing your dirty laundry.

If I was a regular guy in Cuyahoga County I would be hourly, but as an extra-board I get a flat rate and then paid piece work so, I pretty much got the shaft.