R&L | My Thoughts On Our Senior Citizens Still On Board

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
most of them are here to do the job. I know those over 65 are definitely doing their best to stay soaped up and sanitized and wiping down with lysol and clorox wipes but man....It's time that R+L says listen old guys stay home//////R+L doesn't need the liability with these older men.....who still handle the workload having to put themselves in harms way for this. It's just not that important. Making an old man come to work.....why? It's not cost effective. This company has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO CLEAN UP ANY FRKN THING....LITERALLY. No sanitizer. No clorox wipes. Nothing. No disinfectant soap...nothing. R+L doesn't get it...kind of like our fearless leader who really doesn't get it. The company has so many options right now....pay these guys to stay home and get your refund.....that's what it's for.....deal with it. show some respect. They have taken care of you....now in this situation it's time for you to take care of them. Remember that massive tax break you got 3 years ago? What is going to happen is one of our 70 year old drivers will catch this virus.....and the lawsuits will happen and deservedly so. This company has done nothing to alleviate not try to help the driver deal with any of it. It's obvious R+L: doesn't care. I already left my wife a directive.

I am 66 and was going to go PT two days a week. And run the out line area freight. But if I step downs off my bid and do this. I lose all Seniority. If they did lay off I am gone first. So not till this is over will I move out of the younger drivers way. Remember you will be here someday. There is no magic pill. I do a full trailer everyday in and out and a swap when asked. I am not going to go home and be bored to death till I die. LTL city is easy for old timers. We been doing it so long we done all the mistakes you young guys still make. LOL I did ask to be laid off because of the virus. And was told quit jokingly.

I am 66 and was going to go PT two days a week. And run the out line area freight. But if I step downs off my bid and do this. I lose all Seniority. If they did lay off I am gone first. So not till this is over will I move out of the younger drivers way. Remember you will be here someday. There is no magic pill. I do a full trailer everyday in and out and a swap when asked. I am not going to go home and be bored to death till I die. LTL city is easy for old timers. We been doing it so long we done all the mistakes you young guys still make. LOL I did ask to be laid off because of the virus. And was told quit jokingly.

How do you lose seniority by stepping down off a bid? The only way you lose seniority at R&L is by transferring to another terminal, and that’s only for a year, then you get it back.

You need to do your best to stay as sanitized as possible. Have you noticed anyone cleaning the high traffic areas at your terminal? NO! That's because R+L isn't doing anything to help keep the terminal cleaned up. I'm not talking about the dock. I'm talking about where we all congregate. The driver's room. The bathrooms. Door handles? We have a turnstile to enter the yard. I have always liked the job but dang it if they need us there get some professional cleaning crews to all of our terminals and make the rounds. Disinfect the office. I'm not mad....maybe I am. I'm really not sure what I am but this virus isn't going away anytime soon. Once someone in a terminal tests positive........I think we all understand each facility will start shutting down. If it spreads within a respective facility then the company will realize how serious this is. The fact they require us to be there means they need to do their best to keep the environment as clean as possible. To all of you young and old please protect yourself as much as possible. I know I am. Take care.

Right.... some 60 sumthins need to hang it up so I can move up the seniority list

You bunch o clowns want to euthanize us old farts, better be glad we perfected the auto transmission for you, you can't drive a duplex or triplex with your auto CDL, (even if you knew how)
We got you ACs and all the other bells and whistles you can't live without.
If mama hadn't taught you how to cook, you would starve, probably have trouble opening a can of beans.
Better think twice before putting us old farts out to pasture.
BTW, that seniority comes with age.

How do you lose seniority by stepping down off a bid? The only way you lose seniority at R&L is by transferring to another terminal, and that’s only for a year, then you get it back.
I would be moving to a Part Time Employee. Only working tow days a week . And fill in the city on bulk runs once in a while.

You need to do your best to stay as sanitized as possible. Have you noticed anyone cleaning the high traffic areas at your terminal? NO! That's because R+L isn't doing anything to help keep the terminal cleaned up. I'm not talking about the dock. I'm talking about where we all congregate. The driver's room. The bathrooms. Door handles? We have a turnstile to enter the yard. I have always liked the job but dang it if they need us there get some professional cleaning crews to all of our terminals and make the rounds. Disinfect the office. I'm not mad....maybe I am. I'm really not sure what I am but this virus isn't going away anytime soon. Once someone in a terminal tests positive........I think we all understand each facility will start shutting down. If it spreads within a respective facility then the company will realize how serious this is. The fact they require us to be there means they need to do their best to keep the environment as clean as possible. To all of you young and old please protect yourself as much as possible. I know I am. Take care.
The cleaning material they sent got hijacked by another Terminal. The TM asked for it to be sent on to us. He was told sorry we mixed it with ours. So we have all most nothing.. Cleaning service is a joke. Two times a week. Some rubber gloves one sanitizer wipe out at any give time. Nothing for the tractors. I would not work for another LTL. But R&L and local Management drop the ball on this. Commercial clean suppliers had plenty of product. And R&L could have secured enough to supply it's Terminals. Last week I got supplies for my home from a Commercial supplier. We have accounts with many of them. Our Sales people could have toughed base with many of them.

It wont be long until the gov tightens up what businesses are essential and then we wont work at all
We have always been essential! Our dispatch window always had hand sanitizer in it until this COVID-19 started. Then it disappeared.
Many of you don’t remember Hurricane Andrew August 1992, wiping out Florida and Louisiana. You could hear Florida on the CB, channel 19 all the way to California. We were all essential then and even more so now.
Get some Wet Wipes and clean your nostrils, face and hands and wipe down every you touch.
This Virus has to enter through the eyes nose or mouth. Be smart and quit picking on the Old guys.
If The company really gave a ____ then they would have been better prepared!

We have always been essential! Our dispatch window always had hand sanitizer in it until this COVID-19 started. Then it disappeared.
Many of you don’t remember Hurricane Andrew August 1992, wiping out Florida and Louisiana. You could hear Florida on the CB, channel 19 all the way to California. We were all essential then and even more so now.
Get some Wet Wipes and clean your nostrils, face and hands and wipe down every you touch.
This Virus has to enter through the eyes nose or mouth. Be smart and quit picking on the Old guys.
If The company really gave a ____ then they would have been better prepared!
Our ops manager apparently had cases of cleaning and sanitizing materials in his office. When asked if it was for the employees he said no. Haven't seen a dang thing. Nothing. Zero. Just be here for work. Nuff said

You bunch o clowns want to euthanize us old farts, better be glad we perfected the auto transmission for you, you can't drive a duplex or triplex with your auto CDL, (even if you knew how)
We got you ACs and all the other bells and whistles you can't live without.
If mama hadn't taught you how to cook, you would starve, probably have trouble opening a can of beans.
Better think twice before putting us old farts out to pasture.
BTW, that seniority comes with age.
I got 15 years here and about 25 in a truck... so I gots a target on my back too Im sure

And they can keep them automatic trannys. They too slow

Besides, aint you already out to pasture? Sippin fruity drinks in the sun and all that? Lol

Last edited:
I got 15 years here and about 25 in a truck... so I gots a target on my back too Im sure

And they can keep them automatic trannys. They too slow

Besides, aint you already out to pasture? Sippin fruity drinks in the sun and all that? Lol

I guess you're right, when they put old horses out to pasture they're used for stud service.
I think my best use may be for "dud" service.