ABF | MY VOTE IS NO

Tonkatruck

TB Lurker
Credits
BEFORE IN 2013 ABF SAID THEY WERE REALLY HURT , AND NEEDED TO GET HELP FROM US THE DRIVERS AND GOT THAT 7%
AFTER THE CONTRACT WAS APROVE THEY WERE SO POOR THAT THEY HAVE NEW BUSINESS JUST A FEW OF THE LIST
  • ABF Freight System.
  • Panther Premium Logistics.
  • FleetNet America.
  • U-Pack.
  • MoLo Solutions.
  • SO NOW WE JUST GET $28 IN A 8 HOUR SHIFT DAY .
  • PEOPLE WAKE UP , AND SHOW YOU VOTE ON THIS LOW BALL WANT TO BE RAISE
  • LET THEM HELP US WITH A CORRECT RAISE AS WE ALL HELPED THEM TO GET THIS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES BEFORE THE PAY CUT .

Low ball, how do you figure that? 6.50hr over 5 plus 4.56 in health and welfare.11.06 plus 3 more days off, that's worth 34 cents hr. So, 11.40hr over 5 years is low ball. Vacation to 1/52 instead of 45hr straight time, cola cap removed. Thats a GREAT CONTRACT and a big THANK YOU to the Teamsters who negotiated it.

Low ball, how do you figure that? 6.50hr over 5 plus 4.56 in health and welfare.11.06 plus 3 more days off, that's worth 34 cents hr. So, 11.40hr over 5 years is low ball. Vacation to 1/52 instead of 45hr straight time, cola cap removed. Thats a GREAT CONTRACT and a big THANK YOU to the Teamsters who negotiated it.
It is a bit of a low ball.....think about it....24.41 ten years ago with inflation that is 31.68 now....this contract doesn't get us back to where we were...or even close to the competition... and before you tell me about insurance and pension, I want to know what union pays for those things and isn't also a leader in wages....75 cents an hour at $30.25 is a 2.5% raise and every year it is an even smaller percentage...... I will admit I was surprised at the H & W raises though....I didn't see a new vacation package in my supplement.... Cola cap removed is probably the best thing in there....changing the formula on profit sharing sucks....I Thank Mr. O'Brien and the negotiating committee on their hard work (considering how tight ABF is), which I'm sure is way better than what Hoffa would have gotten us.......BUT..this is far from a "great contract", mediocre is likely the best description for it...

New generation drivers doesn't concentrate in all the benefits ( YES THEY ARE GREAT ) don't get me wrong , but Hopefully 80% of ABF will fight for also the correct amount of money combine with the rest of the benefits package , looking at the average people who is happy with it , are about to retire even myself in 5 more years or so, I don't want to de a 60+ year old MAN still making only roughly $34 /$35 and hour , in five more years the economy is going to be way pass that RAISE that the remaining of the people Who will still be working at ABF ( NOT THE HAPPY WHO WILL RETIRE AT THAT TIME)
will be living the same NIGHTMARE SINCE We were BACK 10 years ago , When top PAY WAS ALREADY $24 PLUS AND HOUR ...

If I hadn't retired, this first offer would have been a no vote for me. 1. At the very least it should be the 3.50 up front and then a dollar a year after for 10 over the life. 2. H&W, I would have liked to see 7-9 over the 5yrs to help make up for the last 5 where there was no increase. 3. The OR bonus should have remained the same with the lower number added for the 4%. 4. You all do the same work and should be paid the same. If you choose to live and work in a high cost of living area, then you need to do what you need to do to live the life you want. Let just say you have a UE working in Brooklyn getting say a dollar more an hour. Now he runs down to Carlisle every night with a set. But the Carlisle guy running the set to Brooklyn gets paid less to do the same job. There has to be something fairer worked out. Those are just some of the bigger things that jump out to me. Don't get me wrong, the new team must get a pat on the back. This is 100% improvement over the Hoffa contracts. But as I always say, I have no ball in this court, and you must now do what's best for you. I only wish you the very best!!

It is a bit of a low ball.....think about it....24.41 ten years ago with inflation that is 31.68 now....this contract doesn't get us back to where we were...or even close to the competition... and before you tell me about insurance and pension, I want to know what union pays for those things and isn't also a leader in wages....75 cents an hour at $30.25 is a 2.5% raise and every year it is an even smaller percentage...... I will admit I was surprised at the H & W raises though....I didn't see a new vacation package in my supplement.... Cola cap removed is probably the best thing in there....changing the formula on profit sharing sucks....I Thank Mr. O'Brien and the negotiating committee on their hard work (considering how tight ABF is), which I'm sure is way better than what Hoffa would have gotten us.......BUT..this is far from a "great contract", mediocre is likely the best description for it...
I'm not saying it's the greatest. What I am saying is that I think the committee got the most amount there going to get from these guys without striking. I have been a Teamster for 26 years at 3 different places on strike twice all we ever received was lost pay and a lost signing bonus. I think this is a fair deal of course I would have liked more money but with the cola cap out this will help with any future inflation.

I'm not saying it's the greatest. What I am saying is that I think the committee got the most amount there going to get from these guys without striking. I have been a Teamster for 26 years at 3 different places on strike twice all we ever received was lost pay and a lost signing bonus. I think this is a fair deal of course I would have liked more money but with the cola cap out this will help with any future inflation.
I'm not totally disagreeing with you either, I mean it is far better than I thought it would be....still mediocre in my opinion.....but like I told another poster I will say to you, if you are satisfied vote yes.....but I think in five years we will be in the same boat......five or six dollars behind.....

I really will love to see all bunch of Senior citizen driving all this abf trucks for $34/$35 in five more years , People right know are laughing at us for been the Lowes paying LTL drivers of the bunch , you know what , WHAT IS SOMEBODY START THINKING LIKE UPS ? THEY DIDNT GET THERE FOR BEEN LIKE A DOG WITH THEIRS TAIL STOCK TO THERE REAR DO THEY ? ...HAVE SOME BACK BONE AND FIGHT FOR WHAT IT IS RIGHT.

I really will love to see all bunch of Senior citizen driving all this abf trucks for $34/$35 in five more years , People right know are laughing at us for been the Lowes paying LTL drivers of the bunch , you know what , WHAT IS SOMEBODY START THINKING LIKE UPS ? THEY DIDNT GET THERE FOR BEEN LIKE A DOG WITH THEIRS TAIL STOCK TO THERE REAR DO THEY ? ...HAVE SOME BACK BONE AND FIGHT FOR WHAT IT IS RIGHT.
Don’t think you can compare UPS package with ABF… I worked for UPS freight and they treated us like the red headed stepchild! They made it more than clear that we had zero shot of ever getting anything close to package! If that’s what you truly want then go work for UPS package