Yellow | Nashville layoff 6 days before Xmas !!!!

scotmac0

TB Lurker
Credits
7 layed off dock in Nashville 6 days before Christmas !! I was one of the 7 ....... Merry Christmas my Brothers and Sister . :fingure: :eck13: :wtflol:

I know its crappy to have that happen right before Christmas.I think they didn't do that just to **** you off.I think they waited as long as it was feasible.I look at these things in a positive light.

In NE we never had layoffs were on shape made your self available worked day before or after or three days got Holiday. Since merge 2 1/2 yrs ago saw first layoffs 25yrs tommorow. not talking relay.

20+ years between stroudsburg and kernersville and they made sure they layed men off every major holiday.
now same thing at yrc .
they would rather pay o/t instead of paying every1 for the holidays.

My 15 years at Yellow---Chicago Ridge, Never any layoffs--CC everyday when slow, this is something Yellow never did!

YRC Charlotte, 653, laid off 8 from the dock last Sunday. Those men that wanted to work this week got work and holiday pay. I never have understood if you are going to work them, why lay off?

These types of "business decisions" are part and parcel why lots of YRC employees don't have faith in management. DS

These types of "business decisions" are part and parcel why lots of YRC employees don't have faith in management. DS

bill count is down 20% according to the bill count posting on here. If their wernt layoffs, people would be wondering why mangmet kept so many extra people working

bill count is down 20% according to the bill count posting on here. If their wernt layoffs, people would be wondering why mangmet kept so many extra people working
I am aware of the seasonal lower bill count but they have also increased the amount of daily overtime to make up for less workers. They are still working 6th punch overtime on Saturday mornings too.

Lower bill count, less on active list, more overtime for those that already have a 40 hour guarantee does not save money!!

DS

20+ years between stroudsburg and kernersville and they made sure they layed men off every major holiday.
now same thing at yrc .
they would rather pay o/t instead of paying every1 for the holidays.

Wrong...it ain't the holidays....if you are laid off within 30 days of the holiday, they still have to pay it....it is the over $350.00 per week H&W and Pension they are trying not pay due to workers sitting at home....they still have to make that cash flow requirement in order to surrvive (AND THEY WILL BY GOD!) the 1stQ of 2012....and the rest will fall in place....have courage!.....KK

Wrong...it ain't the holidays....if you are laid off within 30 days of the holiday, they still have to pay it....it is the over $350.00 per week H&W and Pension they are trying not pay due to workers sitting at home....they still have to make that cash flow requirement in order to surrvive (AND THEY WILL BY GOD!) the 1stQ of 2012....and the rest will fall in place....have courage!.....KK

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall with the crappier(cheaper) healthcare coverage and the rediculously low pension payment(not counting none for 2 years), I think overtime is now more expensive then the benefits per hour.
Its all about 50% keeping the vultures happy with their 60+ hours a week and 50% to just screw with people because they can. Might be more like 90% of the latter.