National labor relations board

Unionlife

TB Lurker
Credits
TO ALL LOCAL DRIVERS AT NEW CENTURY TRANSPORTATION: There seems to be confusion between information given by the Union and threats given to you by New Century Transportation. We are reposting another copy of the Employee Rights pertaining to organization of a Union in your work place. Please be advised that this information, though being sent to you by Teamster Local 107, are Federal Laws issued and reinforced by the National Labor Relations Board. Let us specify these laws are not made up by Local 107 but by the Federal Government.
THERE HAS BEEN SOME TALK coming from New Century management that should the Union be voted into NCT that they will close the doors. If you read closely this information is AGAINST THE LAW! IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS REGARDING THIS INFORMATION...
CALL 1-(215)-597-7601 Philadelphia Regional Office

All you people that want the Union to "PUT IT IN WRITING" better brush up on their Federal Laws! The Union is not allowed to PROMISE anything except representation for you when the Union is voted in. At that time the members of the Union within NCT relay to the Union the requests such as Health Benefits, Over time, etc. We must stay United and not let NCT scare you with all their illegal tactics!

Company scare tactics are best addressed if they can be proven. This has to be done either with hard evidence like a letter or corroborating stories from multiple drivers. If they one on one it to someone who then passes it on it will be hard to prove. So...if they're telling you things they shouldn't you need to take notes on what they say and compare notes with co-workers. Then go to the Labor Board with something solid.

Drive&Drive...yes they have and you know it. What about the scare tactic about your PNC retirement Fund? How about closng their doors if a Union gets in? You're going to get a rude awakening when the Union doesn't go in. Management is going to fluff their feathers and you are going to be pecked to death. You wait and see. I've been there when a Union hasn't gotten in. Call the Labor Board and ask them how many complaints are against them. You are unbelievable. Please if anyone else listens to these guys you are just as crazy! NEVER in my years have I met men that are as ignorant as you guys. Lower Management wanna-be's, let the real drivers speak

do you realize the NLRB is a union run organization?

they collect the complaints against the 107 teamsters as well, unfair labor practices and other very colorful complaints are on there for the Union also,

you need to see both sides here

Unionlife, I guess they not only lowered the requirement standards to work there but the IQ level also. I remember in order to even considered for hire you had to have a minimum of 5 years accident free CDL driving, now it's 6 months. Is it because they can't keep the drivers. I gave up the driver training aspect because I refused to lie to the new hires about how great the company was. They use to be on target with their training program... promising and delivering. Another positive reason to get some representation for the employees. Guess Werble was one of those 6 month guys!!!

no not a 6 month guy, someone who like yourself has been around, but i just cant stand to see people like you who are pushing others around with your opinions, its lunacy to be a former driver posting about how the grass is greener on the other side when its blatently obvious that you cannot give us all we seek.

YOU cant so thats why your on here promising everything...

unions are good for some industries, but have become increasingly money hungry and have lost members Year to year

answer this fun fact for me why does membership continue to decline? why because its a dying breed

(BLS.GOV) In 2012, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were
members of a union--was 11.3 percent, down from 11.8 percent in 2011, the U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics reported today. The number of wage and salary workers belonging
to unions, at 14.4 million, also declined over the year. In 1983, the first year for
which comparable union data are available, the union membership rate was 20.1 percent,
and there were 17.7 million union workers.

no not a 6 month guy, someone who like yourself has been around, but i just cant stand to see people like you who are pushing others around with your opinions, its lunacy to be a former driver posting about how the grass is greener on the other side when its blatently obvious that you cannot give us all we seek.

YOU cant so thats why your on here promising everything...

unions are good for some industries, but have become increasingly money hungry and have lost members Year to year

You actually think the Union will help us get some of the things we need from NCT? By the way what is it that you seek and is NCT giving you what you "seek?" Do you know it was not 107 coming to us, but we went to them for help...and they responded. If the Union went down it's because of men like you that don't fight for what you want and take what greedy management hands out! I don't get the argument at all...this should be a no brainer.

answer this fun fact for me why does membership continue to decline? why because its a dying breed

(BLS.GOV) In 2012, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were
members of a union--was 11.3 percent, down from 11.8 percent in 2011, the U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics reported today. The number of wage and salary workers belonging
to unions, at 14.4 million, also declined over the year. In 1983, the first year for
which comparable union data are available, the union membership rate was 20.1 percent,
and there were 17.7 million union workers.

You actually think the Union will help us get some of the things we need from NCT? By the way what is it that you seek and is NCT giving you what you "seek?" Do you know it was NOT 107 coming to us, but we went to them for help...and they responded. If the Union went down it's because of men like you that don't fight for what you want and take what greedy management hands out! I don't get the argument at all...this should be a no brainer.
The reason Unions have decreased is because certain unionized industries have become a smaller part of the overall work force, particularly in manufacturing. Government has had a part to do with it...not any of the Unions fault!
"People need to realize what unions have done for them. Who gave people the 40-hour work week? Who fought for workplace safety? Who brought you the weekend? Who brought you workers comp? Who gave people overtime pay?" What is it you guys don't get?

do you realize the NLRB is a union run organization?

they collect the complaints against the 107 teamsters as well, unfair labor practices and other very colorful complaints are on there for the Union also,

you need to see both sides here

NLRB is run by the Federal Government....not by the Unions. They protect the worker from companies like NCT and also protect you from Unions that are not doing what is best for the employees. Stop putting out false statements...the non-union guys on here believe anything negative against the unions.

the NLRB is a facilitator for unions, they do more for them then for private entities

unions are declining you admitted to that, so im sure the teamsters are feeling the pressure to enlist more into their ranks