Central Transport | nationwide d.o.t. audit

Have not heard this, but have been waiting, we are overdue for an audit. Have you seen our inspections posted lately? Same things over and over. That would explain why we had to fill out our yearly driver's record early this year,,,,,,,,, someone lost our information again?????

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: SMS - Safety Measurement System - Generic Error Page

Next thing we will be have 30 days notice of going on the unsatisfactory rating list which means we lose our haz mat certificate, then they come back 30 to 120 days for another audit, pass we go back to satisfactory, fail,,,,,,,, 30 days to cancel authority and we all go home to stay

The Feds (DOT) are in Pittsburgh and have been for 2 weeks doing an emergency audit. Pittsburgh employees say they are going through everything that someone turned them in. Pitt employees think some major fines are going to come out of this when they are done.

Same crap over here. I was handed a list a 4 daily logs that were missing. One was from March. W.T.F.-how am I going to know? So, I turn in as OFF DUTY. Now I have a duplicate log, possibly in violation. One was from 3 days prior. they lost it that fast. The other 2 were from a weekend. They had a Sat but not a Sun, or a Sun but not a Sat. I turn in a 2 day 48 hr. log so how is this possible? So now under the remarks on my log I write NOTE: 2 day/48 hr. log. Think this will solve their problem? Not really. They screw up and it still will fall back on the driver to straighten out. If their record keeping is that bad, maybe D.O.T. can help them learn the job.

Same crap over here. I was handed a list a 4 daily logs that were missing. One was from March. W.T.F.-how am I going to know? So, I turn in as OFF DUTY. Now I have a duplicate log, possibly in violation. One was from 3 days prior. they lost it that fast. The other 2 were from a weekend. They had a Sat but not a Sun, or a Sun but not a Sat. I turn in a 2 day 48 hr. log so how is this possible? So now under the remarks on my log I write NOTE: 2 day/48 hr. log. Think this will solve their problem? Not really. They screw up and it still will fall back on the driver to straighten out. If their record keeping is that bad, maybe D.O.T. can help them learn the job.

Wheather they lost your log or not still your responsiblilty to keep old logs 6 months. Had you done so you would have March.

i stay close enough and return to terminal within 12 hours, so i don't keep a log, but i do write all my times down on dr cover sheet and make a copy for my records. they have wrote me up for no logs before, but i have them sheets to prove what was there and where (including once they said i did not turn in a sat or sun log, p&d at my place never works weekends)

still have not heard anymore here, and the written version will not be on the FMCSA website for 30 to 60 days after completion.

anyone know anything CREDIBLE?

The Feds (DOT) are in Pittsburgh and have been for 2 weeks doing an emergency audit. Pittsburgh employees say they are going through everything that someone turned them in. Pitt employees think some major fines are going to come out of this when they are done.
bet you it was one of the (former) executives this time. lol.

anybody work here out of roanke?thinking about apllying for linehaul,thanks
i don't work in roanoke, but i can tell you the linehaul (along with the entire company) is under a revamping. the routes have been cut on mileage and drivers on the small runs have to work the dock. linehaul does get to run the newer trucks and the checks don't bounce yet. sometimes you wait quite awhile for your load to be completed.

No, 27 days is no big deal for a company our size, not just logs and maint records, but add in 10k of bills a day trying to find the haz mat ones that are still screwed up