TForce | NBR mini hub lunch break

BusterNite

TB Legend
Credits
I am hearing all kinds of stories about how management is not allowing you night liner drivers to take a lunch break until the mini hub operation is over. For some of you with long stem runs isn't this over the 6th hour from the beginning of your tour. (on duty) What would happen if all you guy's stuck together and took the full amount of time allowed to get to NBR and then you work your mini hub until the operation closes and then take your one hour lunch break and then you hook to leave and take the full amount of time to get back to your home terminal. Wouldn't this bring all that next day lane freight in to your terminals late. I think if you all did that a few times,things would change for you real quick as far as taken your lunch when ever you want after the 3rd hour.

I am hearing all kinds of stories about how management is not allowing you night liner drivers to take a lunch break until the mini hub operation is over. For some of you with long stem runs isn't this over the 6th hour from the beginning of your tour. (on duty) What would happen if all you guy's stuck together and took the full amount of time allowed to get to NBR and then you work your mini hub until the operation closes and then take your one hour lunch break and then you hook to leave and take the full amount of time to get back to your home terminal. Wouldn't this bring all that next day lane freight in to your terminals late. I think if you all did that a few times,things would change for you real quick as far as taken your lunch when ever you want after the 3rd hour.
Busternite that reads like a good plan to me. The only way we(UPGF Teamsters) are going to work through these issues with management, is by sticking together.

Just take your lunch breaks as per contract. F them in the neck. There isn't a damn thing they can do about it. Teamster Elvis out....

The only way to cure this, is to take your lunch prior to arriving , for those who have a 3 hr. run or better, after all ,A meal period shall not be compulsory at service centers where there is no accessible eating place.

If they are not allowing you to eat, then there is no compulsory eating place.May sound foolish, but just as foolish as the alternative.

That is what is happening to us.

I got there Wed Night and had a load ready as well as one of our other drivers but we sat taking our lunch.

Freight got back a half hour later.

Does any body know what brought this all on?

Seems to me they are shooting their self in the foot by this lunch thing.

Also if you have worked three hours into your night when you get to NBR you can take a lunch, they can not tell you to wait.

We got a letter from our TM specifically stating we Must take our lunch when we arrive at NBR.

Maybe this will make em hire dock workers to do dock work and leave us drivers to drive!

That is what is happening to us.

I got there Wed Night and had a load ready as well as one of our other drivers but we sat taking our lunch.

Freight got back a half hour later.

Does any body know what brought this all on?

Seems to me they are shooting their self in the foot by this lunch thing.

Also if you have worked three hours into your night when you get to NBR you can take a lunch, they can not tell you to wait.

We got a letter from our TM specifically stating we Must take our lunch when we arrive at NBR.

Maybe this will make em hire dock workers to do dock work and leave us drivers to drive!

From what I understand, to many people were not taking lunches, wether forced to take at the end of the day, not taking them at all by choice, or being forced not to take them, apperently someone somewhere grieved.

I heard with the warm weather coming they are going to put picnic tables and lounge chairs out side for us.:biglaugh:

:clap:Maybe they will put them out close to that mini water treatment facilityshitshitSmells good when going by on 84 even better if you could picnic next to it.

or grieve it under article 30, sec 1 ''driver MAY take his lunch at ANY time after arrival at the furthest point of a scheduled turn''..........already filed it for my guys

I heard, and it was confirmed through management that UPS Supply Chain employees (Out West) had sued UPS over their lunch breaks. Somewhere along the line, UPS was telling employees that they couldnt take their lunches until told otherwise. Sometimes this was over their 6th hour. UPS Supply Chain employees won and now its a nation wide issue. Now we are hearing about when we are suppose to take our lunch.