ODFL | Never Just Pull Out

While I was there, a hostler at TOL took off with a lift in the trailer. The guy on the lift had enough time to hit the hand brake. Nothing happened to the hostler driver, and all the road drivers got a lecture on making sure the door was closed.
If I remember correctly, the hostler position at FedEx is a driver position. That would explain why the drivers got the lecture. In FedEx world the sons pay for the sins of their fathers.

They're not all bad, but a lot of them drive like crazy for sure. The company is doing their best to weed out the guys who only paid $500 for their license with no in cab training.

They need to clean house out in BC.
Over at the Big Purple house had a dock worker tying in some freight standing onthe end of the trailer when the Hostler backe under it and took off before the guy could get out so he just hung on for the ride across the yard yelling and the funny thing was other drivers were yelling at the hostler and all he did was wave to them..looked like Eddy Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop from the 80"s just a swingin..NOthing happened to the driver..geez

I went for a ride also while reworking my trailer after the daily dock work F-up. Knew right away what was happening and just stayed put. Pretty easy to feel even on a lift.

They need to clean house out in BC.

I went for a ride also while reworking my trailer after the daily dock work F-up. Knew right away what was happening and just stayed put. Pretty easy to feel even on a lift.
:tr10driving03:Glad you stayed put! Experience was on your side driver.

If I remember correctly, the hostler position at FedEx is a driver position. That would explain why the drivers got the lecture. In FedEx world the sons pay for the sins of their fathers.
At TOL it wasn't, don't know about other terminals. A lot of dock workers with no CDL and zero experience were allowed to do it after a couple of days of training there.

Reactions: Ump
I had a guy that I delivered to 2 or 3 times of week have a Truckload guy pull trailer away while he was unloading it. That was his last day above ground.
Have since had 2 brothers killed in the yard because someone was in a hurry.

Reactions: Ump