FedEx Freight | New Benefit Changes

Are you happy with our raise and increase to insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 93.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FedEx is no different. That's why they use contractors for ground. They can mess up who knows how many times, but you really only have 3 options. Most businesses only have 2 options due to volume.

If they could give FXF to contractors they absolutely would, but there's too much competition there. People have to be held accountable for those deliveries. Employees need benefits and a competitive wage. What's to stop a shipper or a driver from going to one of the other 30 LTL companies? It's not worth the loss they would experience.
Our President Of Fed Ex Freight came from Watkins and they LOVED Contractors hold on people

FedEx is no different. That's why they use contractors for ground. They can mess up who knows how many times, but you really only have 3 options. Most businesses only have 2 options due to volume.

If they could give FXF to contractors they absolutely would, but there's too much competition there. People have to be held accountable for those deliveries. Employees need benefits and a competitive wage. What's to stop a shipper or a driver from going to one of the other 30 LTL companies? It's not worth the loss they would experience.
Just watched another big John corporate video it was a painful thing to see with all the grab the ankles in 20/20 that’s coming. And he said it with smile. The hey team to start his video is getting kinda old.

Poll is suspect at best.

Been no official announcement on raise but yet we are supposed to vote on it?

LOL.

Apparently you have trouble reading that question has already been asked. I said vote on 88 cents if it turns out to be more you can change your vote and the poll doesn't close till after the supposed raise takes effect. Lol

Fedex ground was RPS (Roadway Package service) They were independent contractors under Roadway as well..Fred didn't change that after Fedex bought them,

The main thing this $150 PER MONTH penalty/surcharge represents is how completely not worried the company is about another union threat.

YoU’re goNnA hAve tO PaY DuES

Dues wouldn’t have been $150 A MONTH. I hope the company ball slurpers think about what that $150 A MONTH could have bought them or their families every time they have it confiscated from their checks.

I don’t get why every time something changes for what some would say “worse” at FXF people point towards the union and say the grass would have been greener. I’m not too impressed by the healthcare changes but they could have been a lot worse. The family plan is only $91.40 a month and it’s only going up $18 that is still a whole lot cheaper than other places I have worked. Now the $150 a month to keep your spouse on does suck but there other companies in the same line of work that have the same policy according to another member here. But I get why they’re doing it, they don’t want to have to pay for someone’s healthcare if they don’t have to, it’s expensive and from the sounds of things they’re trying to cut costs where they can. And to say that everyone should be charged the 150 I don’t agree with that and I think Fedex did good on this decision because my wife isn’t offered insurance through her job because she’s part time so where would she get insurance? Those of you with spouses that are offered insurance are I’m guessing full time workers who make salaries or enough on hourly to pay for it so when you combine their income with yours $1800 a year to have your spouse on isn’t a whole lot in my opinion.

I don’t get why every time something changes for what some would say “worse” at FXF people point towards the union and say the grass would have been greener. I’m not too impressed by the healthcare changes but they could have been a lot worse. The family plan is only $91.40 a month and it’s only going up $18 that is still a whole lot cheaper than other places I have worked. Now the $150 a month to keep your spouse on does suck but there other companies in the same line of work that have the same policy according to another member here. But I get why they’re doing it, they don’t want to have to pay for someone’s healthcare if they don’t have to, it’s expensive and from the sounds of things they’re trying to cut costs where they can. And to say that everyone should be charged the 150 I don’t agree with that and I think Fedex did good on this decision because my wife isn’t offered insurance through her job because she’s part time so where would she get insurance? Those of you with spouses that are offered insurance are I’m guessing full time workers who make salaries or enough on hourly to pay for it so when you combine their income with yours $1800 a year to have your spouse on isn’t a whole lot in my opinion.
There’s a lot of full jobs available have your wife apply not only will your income increase you can pay more taxes and your wife would access to insurance either her job or through Fedex and pay the $1800 fine. Or if you want it income based agree to pay a $75 a month fine. I don’t think that’s so much.

How long have some of you guys been with FedEx?

15, 20 years? I ask because a lot of you don't seem to understand this is the trend everywhere. You got used to a time when you were a valued employee at a company competing for sklilled employees. We're not in that time anymore.

Scroll down these other threads and you'll see this same conversation happening every where else. The only thing different will be the name of the company and some of the numbers.

It's obvious to everybody that FedEx has gone to great lengths and spent a lot of money to overstaff. In my opinion, things may be getting a little worse and they're expecting some people to leave. They're ready for it and if you think those guys are following you, you're mistaken. They're hoping you leave to move up a spot.

As somebody who has been here less than a year, I can tell you FedEx has treated me very well. I say that so you understand that you guys that have been here 20 years, your worst is better than anything out there.

If FedEx said "go take your Rumspringa, we'll welcome you back and you can have your bid spot if you choose to continue here" no doubt you'd all come back.

There’s a lot of full jobs available have your wife apply not only will your income increase you can pay more taxes and your wife would access to insurance either her job or through Fedex and pay the $1800 fine. Or if you want it income based agree to pay a $75 a month fine. I don’t think that’s so much.

I would love for her to get a higher paying job but for now she is happy where she is and you can’t beat the flexibility when you have kids. And I never said I wanted anything income based I’m just stating what I think is fact. But if they implemented a lower fee like you mentioned I would be fine with that I’d just tell my wife to work some more.

How long have some of you guys been with FedEx?

15, 20 years? I ask because a lot of you don't seem to understand this is the trend everywhere. You got used to a time when you were a valued employee at a company competing for sklilled employees. We're not in that time anymore.

Scroll down these other threads and you'll see this same conversation happening every where else. The only thing different will be the name of the company and some of the numbers.

It's obvious to everybody that FedEx has gone to great lengths and spent a lot of money to overstaff. In my opinion, things may be getting a little worse and they're expecting some people to leave. They're ready for it and if you think those guys are following you, you're mistaken. They're hoping you leave to move up a spot.

As somebody who has been here less than a year, I can tell you FedEx has treated me very well. I say that so you understand that you guys that have been here 20 years, your worst is better than anything out there.

If FedEx said "go take your Rumspringa, we'll welcome you back and you can have your bid spot if you choose to continue here" no doubt you'd all come back.
I agree. The senior guys need to dig in and make sure we get our hours let the new guys stay home a few days a week. We do have it good here stay put get your hours and use the new guys to cover vacation season I don’t think they will go anywhere over the winter.

I agree. The senior guys need to dig in and make sure we get our hours let the new guys stay home a few days a week. We do have it good here stay put get your hours and use the new guys to cover vacation season I don’t think they will go anywhere over the winter.

At my hub, only the senior guys run. I work the dock more than I run. I only get to run because I took an over night. There's only 2 of us on the shift and the other guy passes it down 75% of the time because he has to be home by a certain time for personal reasons. He makes up the money on voluntary weekend runs. I sign up for every weekend and I've never been called.