ODFL | New CEO

I understand the union does not put money into the pension. The company puts money into the pension

What Happens When a Company Goes Bankrupt?​

When a company goes bankrupt they have two choices. They can reorganize and try to stay in business by reducing costs and attracting new investors, or they can liquidate. The pension plan is usually terminated in reorganization and always terminated in liquidation. So, then what happens? A federal insurance agency called the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (pbgc.gov) takes over the pension payments.

As stated here a govt agency takes over the pension after a bankruptcy and liquidation. As I understand what has happened to other union pension plans taken over by this agency the payout decreases . I am not arguing with you just passing on what I have read.
Orphans continue to collect their pensions from the fund.
However: ABF has been fighting this for years.
There’s a Bill introduced (years ago) to eliminate orphans from the Fund.
It has been just laying there for years!
CEO Judy McReynolds stated in a conference call about 5 years ago a decision will be coming soon.
Didn’t happen!

Orphans continue to collect their pensions from the fund.
However: ABF has been fighting this for years.
There’s a Bill introduced (years ago) to eliminate orphans from the Fund.
It has been just laying there for years!
CEO Judy McReynolds stated in a conference call about 5 years ago a decision will be coming soon.
Didn’t happen!

I just feel bad for those guys at Yellow. Yes, they're competition, but we see and talk to these guys all the time. They have families too. Been in this business a long time, seen alot of carriers go out over the years. Been at a cpl that have been either bought out, or went out over the years.
It's not a good feeling when somebody pulls the rug out from under you.
I wish the best over there for all involved.
If they haven’t figured out it’s time for a new place employment with in the last 9 years they don’t have my sympathy.,, there has been zero signs of the Ukraine of ltl (yellow) winning any battles here for a long time,, let the company just close its doors and enough with the handouts. I don’t want someone dumb enough to think that was a good job within the past two years workin here,,,… ain’t no way they right in the head.., truth hurts

If they haven’t figured out it’s time for a new place employment with in the last 9 years they don’t have my sympathy.,, there has been zero signs of the Ukraine of ltl (yellow) winning any battles here for a long time,, let the company just close its doors and enough with the handouts. I don’t want someone dumb enough to think that was a good job within the past two years workin here,,,… ain’t no way they right in the head.., truth hurts
This comment didn’t age well!
Look at yellow news! Dummy

Yellow agreed to allow outsider observers to babysit their board meetings so they can make payroll for another few months. The company continues to lose money everyday. The news today doesn't change their future, it only delays it.

Ahh poor guy need a few bucks for your yellow to stay open another day?? Go on don this is a real freight companies page you’re dealing with here,, we don’t got time for that petty outfit,, best they stand back and see how real freight is moved at a price that makes people money..,,

Ahh poor guy need a few bucks for your yellow to stay open another day?? Go on don this is a real freight companies page you’re dealing with here,, we don’t got time for that petty outfit,, best they stand back and see how real freight is moved at a price that makes people money..,,
Cheering on the demise of 30,000 jobs? I’m sure you think it will somehow benefit you! When you find yourself in a World of ::shit::, please think back to this!

Yellow agreed to allow outsider observers to babysit their board meetings so they can make payroll for another few months. The company continues to lose money everyday. The news today doesn't change their future, it only delays it.
Been hearing this for no less than 9 years!
Just another clown in the assholio parade?

Cheering on the demise of 30,000 jobs? I’m sure you think it will somehow benefit you! When you find yourself in a World of ::::shit::::, please think back to this!
I’ll be busy workin driver,, like I said if you ain’t figured out the ship is sinking by now idk what to tell you,, feels good to be on a winning team driver,, get out while you can but don’t seem like you want to listen. Sorry not sorry brother: now move on, you don’t have nothing to contribute here and your tears will only be used to clean the bugs off my truck window

Cheering on the demise of 30,000 jobs? I’m sure you think it will somehow benefit you! When you find yourself in a World of ::::shit::::, please think back to this!
I do not think anybody is cheering this on , but as Billy said " truth hurts " . If you know the facts about the company O R they have been losing money for years and almost everybody should be surprised they are still in business now.

I do not think anybody is cheering this on , but as Billy said " truth hurts " . If you know the facts about the company O R they have been losing money for years and almost everybody should be surprised they are still in business now.
Maybe you should go back and read again!
Trust that I know the O.R.!
Don’t count me in on being surprised “survey” of yours!

Apollo Capital has 2 choices!
Possible get money back or definitively not get money back!
Which one would you choose as a business?

I’ll be busy workin driver,, like I said if you ain’t figured out the ship is sinking by now idk what to tell you,, feels good to be on a winning team driver,, get out while you can but don’t seem like you want to listen. Sorry not sorry brother: now move on, you don’t have nothing to contribute here and your tears will only be used to clean the bugs off my truck window
So you’re convinced I work for Yellow? You can’t imagine anyone having empathy for these guys, can you?
Says a lot about who you are as a person!
I’m sure that’s worked out real well in life for you!

Some people look at the O.R. and cast their judgment!
Some people listen to every conference call and pour over the balance sheet!
With that in mind, some have the ability to put things in perspective.
The major swings in stock price have easily wiped out $1.6 billion in debt many times over!
Who do you think is going to be left holding the bag in the end?
I know it won’t be Apollo !
When the “swing trade” ends, it’s Game Over!
And not until then!

Some people look at the O.R. and cast their judgment!
Some people listen to every conference call and pour over the balance sheet!
With that in mind, some have the ability to put things in perspective.
The major swings in stock price have easily wiped out $1.6 billion in debt many times over!
Who do you think is going to be left holding the bag in the end?
I know it won’t be Apollo !
When the “swing trade” ends, it’s Game Over!
And not until then!
I didn’t even read anything u said driver bc obviously u got too much time on your hands writin 4 post in a row,, to be honest I ain’t give a.. who u workin for but know you just here to cause trouble,, good day

I didn’t even read anything u said driver bc obviously u got too much time on your hands writin 4 post in a row,, to be honest I ain’t give a.. who u workin for but know you just here to cause trouble,, good day
Hope you can stay on “the winning team” there buddy

"The major swings in stock price have easily wiped out $1.6 billion in debt many times over!"

Okay I will grant you this is a possibility. With this in mind what would make the stock price go up --any business-- 1) a buy out or sale of the company 2) a very good earning report 3) a very believable rumor of either of 1 or 2 . Please add anything I missed. Understand I am not playing games . dead serious question.