FedEx Freight | New Construction?

fartknocker

TB Veteran
Credits
I heard that in SBN where Freight and National are next door to each other they are going to connect the two into one U shaped terminal. They did put a gate between the two, but it leads to a pile of dirt on the National side and then they put an electric fence across it. And there is a 5 foot difference in grade from one property to the other. They need more room at Freight, that part I know is true.

Yea you guys do need more room. I made the mistake one night and turned into nationals yard thankfuly they had a guard to let me in and turn around. I will say Ft. Wayne needs a bigger yard than you guys though.

Back in the day when the fort was still a hub it was big fun at cut time when everyone was trying to hook and leave

I can't imigane hooking up there at cut time during the hub. At time when ive gone through there I thought about pulling the trailers out to the street and hooking, especially in the snow.

"fed875" said:
Yea you guys do need more room. I made the mistake one night and turned into nationals yard thankfuly they had a guard to let me in and turn around. I will say Ft. Wayne needs a bigger yard than you guys though.

As far as new construction, does anyone have an update on Rochester, NY? ROC. Just wondering- I had heard that all CGT road drivers are being forced to get Triples certified.

"fatneck" said:
As far as new construction, does anyone have an update on Rochester, NY? ROC. Just wondering- I had heard that all CGT road drivers are being forced to get Triples certified.

They are making all cgt drivers get tripples certified. They had the class times posted last week in road dispatch.