SAIA | New Cornbinders

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
The new Cornbinders are showing up. There are three in DLS and of this posting one in KCY. They were shipped without stereos(expected), without FIFTH WHEELS. Whazzup with that?

Oh, by the way, despite of the increased usage of vans and loading all trailers heavier, they still ordered single axle daycabs.

you beat me to it BT. there is only one in atl that i saw. there are about 7 ex penske trucks waiting though. i would be willing to bet those new cornbinders come with the international engine. the reason i say that is they are using twin turbos and even MORE egr to try to meet the 2011 requirements instead of using the DEF like everyone else. a genius at the top probably thought it would be more cost effective to buy those vs putting in DEF filling stations in strategic locations. the IH engines in 2011 are a jumbled mess of plumbing, more crap to go wrong, and won't get good fuel milage b/c of the use of a ::shit:: load of egr. the company goes and spends all this money on fuel tracking computers and then they go and possibly buy a truck with that engine?

4 pro star plus tractors in clt in the shop gettin ready.total of 10 on the way to clt. 13 ltr 430 hp@1700 rpm international max force engine if the engine and regin will hold up they look like a pretty good truck i was really surprised with them i got a buddy with enterprise tank lines who has one with the same engine hes had it 3 months and so far no problems or complaints he runs with 44 to 46 grand every night and says it does a great job

the ones in atl do have stereos from what i'm told. i have not taken the opportunity to climb in one yet. might do that tonight if i get held up like usual.

At DLS, they had the driver a key, the bill packets, and tell us to get going. No video, no get acquainted with anything info. These trucks weren't built with the portly driver in mind. With as much stuff we have to carry, it would have been really useful to have had some more cab room. Obviously, the trucks were designed by bean counters, for bean counters. Now if we can just get the computer to let us have a little more horsepower.