XPO | New Dimensioners Devices Not Ready

You’re paid hourly, if it takes longer to measure freight you are compensated for your time.

If the company knew the trailer count without having the dims what was the average cube on the trailers? I’d imagine a lot lower than it is now, generating extra linehaul runs.

Xpo just reported an 89.6 Operating Ratio.. that’s a lot better than many of the previous quarters, so they must be doing something right with these changes.
To your first point. Compensation has nothing to do with my post, in fact if you look at my second to last sentence you'll see my concern lies with the company wasting it's time(not mine) by having DSR's using dimcams at pickups. When the dimcams were first introduced, it was said at my SC that captured dims from the use of tape measures have been computed to be only 65% accurate and the dimcams were being introduced to address that problem. After working this new tech for awhile, I don't believe they have done anything to improve that ratio and possibly have made it worse.
As to O/R, I don't think it's possible to attribute it to any one process when there are so many factors that affect it, but if that's the argument you want to make, you're free to do so.
Although I've not been talked to about my stops/hour, doesn't mean I'm not feeling the added pressure of avoiding such a discussion. The company could do all city DSR's a favor and for once admit that it understands that requiring tasks at POP requires more time and announce they're allowing service centers to relax DSR production goals. But they won't because they don't trust us enough to responsibly manage our time on the street and that is sometimes a bit de-moralizing to me.

To your first point. Compensation has nothing to do with my post, in fact if you look at my second to last sentence you'll see my concern lies with the company wasting it's time(not mine) by having DSR's using dimcams at pickups. When the dimcams were first introduced, it was said at my SC that captured dims from the use of tape measures have been computed to be only 65% accurate and the dimcams were being introduced to address that problem. After working this new tech for awhile, I don't believe they have done anything to improve that ratio and possibly have made it worse.
As to O/R, I don't think it's possible to attribute it to any one process when there are so many factors that affect it, but if that's the argument you want to make, you're free to do so.
Although I've not been talked to about my stops/hour, doesn't mean I'm not feeling the added pressure of avoiding such a discussion. The company could do all city DSR's a favor and for once admit that it understands that requiring tasks at POP requires more time and announce they're allowing service centers to relax DSR production goals. But they won't because they don't trust us enough to responsibly manage our time on the street and that is sometimes a bit de-moralizing to me.
Well said.

In addition , there's a metric that I'm guessing the company keeps on P&D drivers but they're unwilling to share: Dwell times.

If the dwell times have increased to a certain point , the whole thing is a waste of time and money.

A simpler more cost effective solution would have been to hold drivers accountable for accuate measurements.

I always said that miss deliveries and pick-ups are not my problem. I don't answer the phone in the office. I don't have to hear the customer bitch about missed stuff. XPO what to add more steps in a pick-up or delivery then so be it. A stop that took 20mins now takes 35mins not my problem. Just do what they want and when question just say " I'm doing it the way the company whats it done"