FedEx Freight | New ground trailers

No more 2 for one sale every time you hook and pull them.
We get paid twice as much to hook and drop a set of doubles as a single trailer... And three times as much for triples...

Our drivers absolutely HATE pulling single trailers. I take rail containers whenever I can, because everyone else complains when they get them. I lose an hour's pay when I don't pull a set, but I can usually make it up on the dock. The old timers absolutely lose it when they're forced to take a container.

We get paid twice as much to hook and drop a set of doubles as a single trailer... And three times as much for triples...

Our drivers absolutely HATE pulling single trailers. I take rail containers whenever I can, because everyone else complains when they get them. I lose an hour's pay when I don't pull a set, but I can usually make it up on the dock. The old timers absolutely lose it when they're forced to take a container.

I'm not an old timer, but I get mad as hell when I have to take a single... I'm only losing 30 minutes of pay (15ish dollars) and that bothers me, but the part that really bothers me is that I know my dolly will be gone when I get back.

I'm not an old timer, but I get mad as hell when I have to take a single... I'm only losing 30 minutes of pay (15ish dollars) and that bothers me, but the part that really bothers me is that I know my dolly will be gone when I get back.
I honestly just hate driving a single because I am so used to pulling a set that I’m 100x’s more comfortable when pulling sets. It’s weird lol.

Now a dry van isn’t a huge change but them containers drive like crap

I honestly just hate driving a single because I am so used to pulling a set that I’m 100x’s more comfortable when pulling sets. It’s weird lol.

Now a dry van isn’t a huge change but them containers drive like crap

There have been times when I'm pulling a single pup and I freak out for a second when I look in the mirror because I don't see the other trailer :lmao:

The containers do drive like crap because the chassis's are garbage and our shop can't touch them.

There have been times when I'm pulling a single pup and I freak out for a second when I look in the mirror because I don't see the other trailer :lmao:

The containers do drive like crap because the chassis's are garbage and our shop can't touch them.
What's even worse than not seeing that second trailer is seeing it on it's side as you're dragging it down the road. :hysterical:

Containers handle differently because they're way more top heavy than standard vans.

Truth to the dolly part! I had a old timer lose his mind when he thought I took his dolly. He yelled and screamed at me till I jumped up on his side step.
I told him yell at me one more time, and I'm gonna see if I can pull you out that window!

It turned out a shuttle driver took his dolly and dropped it in the pool that morning. He came to me the next morning and apologized. I said I told you I didn't take it. Now go F yourself...

That was ten years ago. We haven't spoke since. Lol

Truth to the dolly part! I had a old timer lose his mind when he thought I took his dolly. He yelled and screamed at me till I jumped up on his side step.
I told him yell at me one more time, and I'm gonna see if I can pull you out that window!

It turned out a shuttle driver took his dolly and dropped it in the pool that morning. He came to me the next morning and apologized. I said I told you I didn't take it. Now go F yourself...

Put me in the nuthouse if I complain about not getting a dolly.
Please.

I had a guy go to dispatch to find out who took his dolly and then demanded that dispatch send a message via the handheld. Needless to say, a bunch of guys made it a point to start taking his dolly.
Put me in the nuthouse if I complain about not getting a dolly.
Please.

Duly noted.

A dry van pulls like a dream. Containers are nightmarish.

And the tires we put on them can recapped indefinitely. As opposed to 5 times for city trailers, 3 times for pups and 2 for drives…

They have a higher center of gravity, rattle and dog leg.

They simply aren’t designed for road miles.

Maybe he was just hard of hearing?

Do you guys really keep your Dollies at all times? What do you do at a meet point where you’re switching sets

Dolly goes with the set, but if you're meeting the same guy everyday you're just swapping the same dollies back and forth.

If the pool is full and I'm doing some random meet, I'll leave mine and take another one.

Dolly goes with the set, but if you're meeting the same guy everyday you're just swapping the same dollies back and forth.

If the pool is full and I'm doing some random meet, I'll leave mine and take another one.
I love taking west coast dollies on meets and seeing the frustration in the drivers face. Lol
Especially the ones with the passenger side fifth wheel release.

I love taking west coast dollies on meets and seeing the frustration in the drivers face. Lol
Especially the ones with the passenger side fifth wheel release.
I “steal” other people’s dollies that think that it’s “theirs” and swap it out at the hub and bring back those nice red ones and leave it in their “spot” for them to see the next day.
Because I can