XPO | New guy

BigChevy80

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi guys,
I've been on the board for a while now, but just recently hired on with Conway at XBN. Hopefully this will be a good gig. Seems like it so far. We're getting a crapload of freight from this new Caterpillar account. I came from 5 years at a royal $hit hole of an LTL company, so it won't take much for it to be better :wacko:

Hopefully this will be a good board to visit, although it seems like from what I've seen on here, you could give some of these guys the world and they would still complain...

Welcome new guy. I don't think anyone is trying to give us the world.

Hi guys,
I've been on the borad for a while now, but just recently hired on with Conway at XBN. Hopefully this will be a good gig. Seems like it so far. We're getting a crapload of freight from this new Caterpillar account. I came from 5 years at a royal $hit hole of an LTL company, so it won't take much for it to be better :wacko:

Hopefully this will be a good board to visit, although it seems like from what I've seen on here, you could give some of these guys the world and they would still complain...

hopefully you wont become jaded after having the rug pulled out from you.:smilie_132: seems like you are a wonderful and cheery person so far i like what you have said:smilie_132:what ever you do dont work really hard and then get kicked in the teeth then express yourself in a manner that someone new might hear you and think you are complaining:clap:have a wonderful time and by golly dont be a stranger cant wait to hear more from ya !!

Thanks guys. That comment wasn't directed at the Con-way board, but more about the whole board in general. The main reason I haven't come on here much is the negative attitude of so many people here. I think some of these guys should just be happy to have a job right now.

I realized that I got into the wrong profession a long time ago... I'm a truck driver that likes to work and doesn't complain too much.

Thanks guys. That comment wasn't directed at the Con-way board, but more about the whole board in general. The main reason I haven't come on here much is the negative attitude of so many people here. I think some of these guys should just be happy to have a job right now.

I realized that I got into the wrong profession a long time ago... I'm a truck driver that likes to work and doesn't complain too much.

another great post !! in the words of artie-lang," waaaaahhhh"

welcome bigchevy 80

Hi guys,
I've been on the board for a while now, but just recently hired on with Conway at XBN. Hopefully this will be a good gig. Seems like it so far. We're getting a crapload of freight from this new Caterpillar account. I came from 5 years at a royal $hit hole of an LTL company, so it won't take much for it to be better :wacko:

welcome to the boards but stay away from the kool aid:smilie_132:

Well, welcome!:smilie_132: And also let me say that those who cry and complain all of the time, watch them...LOL...they will still be here 5 years down the road crying and complaining about the same old things:loser:. But overall, this is a great company to work for and for the most part has a great group of men and women who work here. Good luck to you! And don't let this 5% give back thing get to you... things will get better with the economy, just hang in there, it could be worse...we could be unemployed.

Thanks Lost,
No, I'm not a kool aid drinker and the 5% doesn't get to me. Hell, I could lose 15% and still be making more than what I was making at my last LTL job and still have way better benefits.

If 5% is OK with our loyal drivers, then it stands to reason that 15% is better.

Are you nuts?...Jesus!!!...Bank...were trying to stay afloat!!!

I personally hate this sh*t!!!!...It goes against everything that makes sense...I just want to be able to go to work six months from now!!!

Rat :loser:

Are you nuts?...Jesus!!!...Bank...were trying to stay afloat!!!

I personally hate this sh*t!!!!...It goes against everything that makes sense...I just want to be able to go to work six months from now!!!

Rat :loser:

No I am not nuts. Was pointing out, and I hate to repeat myself, that if our leaders think it's OK to take back 5%, then they will simply reach into our pockets and take more. If us worker units don't voice our displeasure, then it's OK. For that second number I used the 15% that the poster prior to myself used.

Was using what I thought to be obvious sarcasm.

So, your complaint is other people complaining?:duh:

Thanks Lost,
No, I'm not a kool aid drinker and the 5% doesn't get to me. Hell, I could lose 15% and still be making more than what I was making at my last LTL job and still have way better benefits.

i think you should let the company know that you are willing to give back 15%. what part of bagdad did you run ltl??

I didn't say I want to give back 15% now did I?? I said even with 15% it would still be an improvement over the company I came from. You know, that whole "glass half full" mentality? The company I came from also put a FREEZE on wages for the time being. At least I still get a yearly raise here...

Our raises (CCX land) are coming up in June! As far a wages are concerned, I am hoping for 5% to make up for some recent losses in my income.