SAIA | New ID cards

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
As the company has rolled out the new ID's that are to be used in conjunction with the time clock, has anybody used the new system yet?

I'm particularly interested in whether or not we are forced to use it rather than the IVR system when arriving and departing terminals. It seems that would slow down the process of dispatching if we have to go inside a terminal when it wasn't necessary to do so previously.

the message in atl says to use it instead of the ivr. but, i know for a fact the ivr will still be there b/c of meets, so i'm not sure how they can force you to use it. i find it much quicker to dispatch and arrive from the tractor anyway.

I'm guessing that we don't have any members of this elite forum who are in the terminals rolling out the participation in the new process. I'm thinking that based on the wording of the explanation of the use of the I Dee that it may be entirely optional to use in non hourly functions of the linehaul operation.

ctn is testing it out....there have been the usual glitches and bugs in a new system. that's the last i heard on it though. my home terminal's region is the last to roll it out. i go to atl everynight and they are starting it soon, so i guess i will see.

One would suspect that unless forced to use the terminal time clock, the IVR will still see a lot of use. This goes double for dark terminals.

Using a time clock at a break bulk terminal would create a long line as people try to clock in and out as well as dispatch. We'll see if some minds are changed about mandatory usage if the works get gummed up.

Finally used the new Eye Dee card to dispatch out. It's no more difficult than using my smart phone. No different if dispatch forgets to set up the run in the computer. Except we don't get the "We're sorry, we cannot process your dispatch, please hold for the next available dispatcher...."

i use it if i have to go back in after hooking up for some reason like getting delay pay or getting my bills. when it becomes active at my home terminal i will probably use it there as well. but if i don't have to go back in, i'm still using the good ole cell phone b/c it saves time.

We went active this week. Usually it takes around 1 1/2 minutes to dispatch with the old system but the ID card takes about 1/3 that time. Like everyone else, I'll use whichever system is more convienent at the time but the ID is okay. By the way, You can use any location to arrive or dispatch. I used the mechanic shop last night, didn't have to go back into the main building.

The only time my house enters an empty is when they are to lazyx2. Too lazy to move the empty to the yard and too lazy to shut the freakin door before they shut the dock door.

just get an empty someone has dropped on the yard that has not been put to the dock yet but i myself would rather have my raises back than this fancy system

It seems that the geeksters that wrote this program for the time clocks failed to allow for a non manifested empty when dispatching. Gee, so much for not using the IVR. Hehehehe.

when atl's clocks first went active, they had a guy from the computer room walking around helping those who needed help using the new clocks. he told everyone about not being able to dispatch an mty with it, and he also said it cost the company alot of money everytime the IVR is used b/c of data transfer rates or something.

IMO if we didn't have to open up the building to arrive and depart ourselves, the new clocks would have a better reception from the drivers. Or the engineering dept. could turn off the stopwatch...nah that will never happen.

Has anybody noticed how tempermental these new time clocks are. The keypads just seem to have a single spot that works right and the rest of the time it is breeding ground for frustration.