SEFL New KW city units

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by fr8machine, Mar 25, 2018.

1. fr8machine

fr8machine Member

Has anybody driven the new KW city units ? Was shocked to see no air ride cab or air ride suspension. Just a lil piece of rubber between cab and frame.
    I did , and it beat me to death. Did not care for it. Not worth the back ache at the end of the day

2. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Well-Known Member

Are they full size KW’s or the baby ones like Fed Ex Frght has ?

3. fr8machine

fr8machine Member

Baby ones as you say it. Has rear corner cab corner windows.

4. reknilp

reknilp Member

Haven't heard anything good from L/H or P&D guys about the new city or linehaul trucks.

Have yet to see any new tandem KW's come in. Was in ATL last week and they had 20+ brand new single axle road units lined up on the fence. One of the mechanics said they just got 50+ in over the weekend. Curious if they are going to get tandem KW's or go another route, hoping for the "another route.

con-vict likes this.
  5. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

New LH kw single axle rides great. Quiet cab except for the screeching woman in your ear (lane departure, adaptive cruise, following distance). No power and the auto tranny means it’s slower than Christmas Looks good though

6. supertrucker72

supertrucker72 Active Member

A little bird told me they are possibly going back to Volvo due to the fact Mr Dukes replacement can’t leave the truck set up alone and freightliner Kw and international has told them basically not to order trucks if they can’t leave mess alone on the settings other than the speed most trucks these days have 3 basic settings beside the speed you have performance, economy performance and just economy well they go in on top of that and adjust everything else under the sun