New Penn | New Penn For Sale???

this thread apparently started by a moron, why would yrcw sell its most profitable asset? if anything theyre keeping us afloat. lets stop the B.S. rumors

new penns only chance to survive is for yellow to sell then, it was a black day when yellow bought roadway and new penn and holland. GOD BLESS US ALL.

new penn will keep treading water until cut loose by the "mother ship" times have changed in the ltl frt industry. no more loyalty we lost that in 2001 when arnold sold out to roadway corp.

LOYALTY????

wake up my friend there is none and never was
especially to us workers

all arnold and others like him usually accomplish is that they sell you on the idea of loyalty,
all it was is an illusion

listening to guys like you from whatever company makes guys like arnold the david copperfields of the corporate world

wake up!!!

their only loyalty is to the almighty dollar

Most of your freight comes from Holland, and Holland is closing a lot of terminals. Also YRC put New Penn up as collateral for a loan, so technically speaking the bank owns New Penn.

Most of your freight comes from Holland, and Holland is closing a lot of terminals. Also YRC put New Penn up as collateral for a loan, so technically speaking the bank owns New Penn.
holland accounts for a very small amount of our freight,new penn could be sold if approved by the banks.but why sell your only profitable asset.

Steve mad , holland does not account for most of are freight i see what we interline with holland every day. While it is a nice amount of freight going back and forth for holland and new penn by no means is it a major amount of are freight so you are misinformed on that.:1036316054:

huh, most of OUR frt. comes from USF Holland ? pump your brakes driver. most of our INTERLINED frt. comes from Holland. before the merger and before this recession, we were busting at the seems with our own frt. that explains the large amount of men that they've added to the senority list every year. not to mention asking several retirees if they wanted to work 2 days a week. when the merger was announced, it seemed that there was a bigger focus on the Mid-West and West Coast deliveries/pick ups and a lack of attention to our core business which is the Northeast. this is part of the reason why carriers like Pitt Ohio, ADP & NEMF have taken over our old customers. it also has to do with pricing, not service. every customer that has switched to one of these carriers all tell me that they're cheaper. it's no secret gentlemen.

Your CLUELESS Holland isn't closing a lot of terminals:chairshot:

To stop the confusion, 2 terminals were Dugan and 3-4 were Holland. The confusion probably comes from the 20 something terminals closed with Bestway. Not to minimize the loss of these union jobs, but they were small eol terminals in southern GA. The one I didn't like was Mobile Al. Stay strong NP brothers-GRIZZ

the areas you guys cover would be a perfect fit for Saia. if i remember right, there would be no overlapping areas. whether or not YRC would sell, and whether or not we are in a position to make yet another purchase is a totally different story.

i did not know that. as scared as they were when a union vote happened at Dallas, i don't see them buying a union company.
There has been a rumor about saia wanting to by new penn for sometime. But i think it is just that a rumor i dont see a non-union company buying us.

In my opinion, Yellow should just turn NewPenn loose, allowing them to go back operating in the most effencient way as they were before they were bought out by Roadway.

NewPenn was once very well known in all of the LTL trucking industry, as having by far the best operating ratio of everyone else.

All Yellow has to do is allow NewPenn to go back to what they were doing to make them as successful as they were back in the day.

There you go for what its worth,my 2 cents as an outsider, looking back at the good old days with the LTL trucking industry,when NewPenn had the best operating ratio in the entire industry.
Wondering why they couldn't just be cut free of Yellow to go back to those good old days.

In my opinion, Yellow should just turn NewPenn loose, allowing them to go back operating in the most effencient way as they were before they were bought out by Roadway.

NewPenn was once very well known in all of the LTL trucking industry, as having by far the best operating ratio of everyone else.

All Yellow has to do is allow NewPenn to go back to what they were doing to make them as successful as they were back in the day.

There you go for what its worth,my 2 cents as an outsider, looking back at the good old days with the LTL trucking industry,when NewPenn had the best operating ratio in the entire industry.
Wondering why they couldn't just be cut free of Yellow to go back to those good old days.
Letting New Penn lose thats not the Yellow way. They want things there way, and don't forget we are just a pimple on the azz of yellow. Yes we make alot of money but we are small compared to Yellow.
Just my opinion.