FedEx Freight | New policy

Here's a list of what didn't get a driver fired in my barn:
Unreported accident - drove into a roll up door while it was going up
Unreported accident - backed a tractor into a trailer while hooking (pin over 5th wheel)
Unreported accident - backed a tractor into a trailer while hooking (pin over 5th wheel) this time, he bent the fairing over the driver's door and had to get out on the passenger side
Wrong pull - was called by the hub ~100 miles into the trip, they sent another driver with the right trailer to swap
Flipped rear box - distracted driving, finally fessed up to being on their cell when the accident occurred. Originally claimed they were cut off by a 4 wheeler and overcorrected while hitting the brake

What finally got them booted?
Wrong pull - grabbed an empty 20XXX trailer instead of the loaded P20XXX. We're required to weigh EVERY trailer and write weights on the bills. The empty had weights for an 18k trailer. Driver was overheard bragging at hub that they were, "untouchable," so the overhearing driver called the alert line. SCM was asked what was being done, to which they replied a 3 day stand down. HR, safety, and MD got involved and demanded more stringent action. Driver resigned about 20 minutes before they were going to be called in to be notified of their termination.

Meanwhile, a new driver was fired first offense for urinating on the yard. Violated the employee conduct policy. RDA and safety were walking the yard and asked them how they were, to which they answered, "I'm a lot better now." RDA thought it sounded suspicious, so they checked camera footage and saw the driver urinating. Terminated before their next run.

Makes me wonder what the first driver had on management that they refused to fire them...

Meanwhile, a new driver was fired first offense for urinating on the yard. Violated the employee conduct policy. RDA and safety were walking the yard and asked them how they were, to which they answered, "I'm a lot better now." RDA thought it sounded suspicious, so they checked camera footage and saw the driver urinating. Terminated before their next run.
Hmmm... Make sure you hold it until you get to a customers yard. You only get 3 days for that.

Sometimes for us older guys you hook a set or what ever on the yard and your prostate is not as good as it once was you gotta do what you gotta do. Im not pissing myself if i can help it and neither would the folks in management. They just like to show their power if they went to the extreme of going and looking up a security camera to see if the guy took a leak.

Here's a list of what didn't get a driver fired in my barn:
Unreported accident - drove into a roll up door while it was going up
Unreported accident - backed a tractor into a trailer while hooking (pin over 5th wheel)
Unreported accident - backed a tractor into a trailer while hooking (pin over 5th wheel) this time, he bent the fairing over the driver's door and had to get out on the passenger side
Wrong pull - was called by the hub ~100 miles into the trip, they sent another driver with the right trailer to swap
Flipped rear box - distracted driving, finally fessed up to being on their cell when the accident occurred. Originally claimed they were cut off by a 4 wheeler and overcorrected while hitting the brake

What finally got them booted?
Wrong pull - grabbed an empty 20XXX trailer instead of the loaded P20XXX. We're required to weigh EVERY trailer and write weights on the bills. The empty had weights for an 18k trailer. Driver was overheard bragging at hub that they were, "untouchable," so the overhearing driver called the alert line. SCM was asked what was being done, to which they replied a 3 day stand down. HR, safety, and MD got involved and demanded more stringent action. Driver resigned about 20 minutes before they were going to be called in to be notified of their termination.

Makes me wonder what the first driver had on management that they refused to fire them...
We also had a guy fired for urinating in the lot. Meanwhile drunk guy literally falling out of the truck goes on his run without a word said. Damn I miss fedex

Yeah they don’t really make that policy known but urinating in the yard or anywhere else other than the bathroom 😂😂 is auto eject. Maybe a bit harsh and I def don’t violate it anymore but I can admit if I ever did I was being a lazy MF’ER. No excuse for not being able to get to the bathroom when you are in the yard.

Yeah they don’t really make that policy known but urinating in the yard or anywhere else other than the bathroom 😂😂 is auto eject. Maybe a bit harsh and I def don’t violate it anymore but I can admit if I ever did I was being a lazy MF’ER. No excuse for not being able to get to the bathroom when you are in the yard.
In the city, I can think of one time... Line haul many times... Mostly caused by the inability to hold it because of medication or health issue I guess... Doesn't make me a lazy mfer... Makes me a guy that doesn't want to soak myself or the seat.....
Got caught more than once of a rest stop closed, construction all the way to our exit with no pull offs til our hub.. guess next time I'll soak the seat for my slip seat driver. 🙄. Btw, hasn't been an issue with Rx anymore.
As in most cases, someone getting terminated...it's usually a number of issues that may get a person there...it's what policy violation are they gonna use to make the final call.

Wow , awesome driver never flipped the back box ! He's getting a 15% Safety Bonus !!
Fed Ex Delivery GIF by MOODMAN

Some of these yards are pretty big and could 10-15 minutes getting in tractor moving it parking it then trying to get inside. Rains washes it away anyways.