FedEx Freight | New policy

New policy for us. No ground runs this year for peak and more purchase transport. All the while ground is hauling our freight every night. Matter of time in my opinion,there wonā€™t be large scale line haul positions,well not company drivers anyway.

New policy for us. No ground runs this year for peak and more purchase transport. All the while ground is hauling our freight every night. Matter of time in my opinion,there wonā€™t be large scale line haul positions,well not company drivers anyway.

Reps for freight say they use ground contractors for imbalanced lanes. For example a ground contractor has a run from Denver to Albuquerque, but Albuquerque has nothing at ground going back to Denver they'll take trailers from freight if the freight is moving one way. Freight reps also say the relationship between ground and freight is more beneficial for road drivers than it is for ground contractors because we get more ground dispatches than they get freight dispatches.

Yeah they donā€™t really make that policy known but urinating in the yard or anywhere else other than the bathroom šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ is auto eject. Maybe a bit harsh and I def donā€™t violate it anymore but I can admit if I ever did I was being a lazy MFā€™ER. No excuse for not being able to get to the bathroom when you are in the yard.
Sounds like you've not had the pleasure of running city, post Covid, with restricted access. No "'public" restrooms, which I find unacceptable. We do have legal right to seek appropriate facilities, but sometimes it's not practical.

Best to always have a plan B for emergency use.

My terminal is asking for a couple city drivers to run ground during peak season. That's the only interaction we ever have with ground.

My unit had a red line , blue line , black cord & the yellow line , no problems here.

judd apatow comedy GIF

ohhh hell no her ?

No Ground runs here this peak as of now as well. We had over 10 last year

Looks like Ground isnā€™t having issues filling their driver seats plus didnā€™t they up their rail usage by a lot? That sums it all up

We also had a guy fired for urinating in the lot. Meanwhile drunk guy literally falling out of the truck goes on his run without a word said. Damn I miss fedex
Yeah, we had one of those, too. Someone called the police on him, and after he got back from being arrested, he said, "I need help," got 6 weeks of rehab on the company dime, then failed a test a few weeks after coming back. Finally got fired.

Yeah, we had one of those, too. Someone called the police on him, and after he got back from being arrested, he said, "I need help," got 6 weeks of rehab on the company dime, then failed a test a few weeks after coming back. Finally got fired.
Wow. Havenā€™t drank on the job since I peddled Miller. That was a loooong time ago. Most places you have to declare a ā€œproblemā€ before you cause a problem.