Holland | New Posting 10/17 By USF About COO

tmdeee

TB Lurker
Credits
I am writing this word for word since it was posted publicly in our break room for all to see. It is on USF Holland letterhead:

October 17, 2008
Via Fax/Mail

Teamsters Local Union's

Dear Principal Officer;

Due to the unsuccessful negotiation of the proposed memo of understanding dated October 9, 2008, which was designed to permit USF Holland line haul drivers to drop and hook and to move freight across the dock at dark terminals and velocity centers, USF Holland is requesting immediate rescheduling of the previously posponed Utility Change of Operations.

The failure to reach agreement on this critical issue was very discouraging. Not only would the Memorandium of Understanding have provided the Company with vital flexibility, the alternative Utility Change of Operations will adversely affect the over-the-road classification. This adverse impact could have been mitigated through approval of the Memorandium of Understanding.

The time elapsed between the September 23, 2008 postponement of the Utility Change of Operations and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters October 16, 2008 rejection of the Memorandum of Understanding was a loss of significant time and opportunity to ease USF Holland's operating losses. Therefor, we respectfully request that the Utility Change of Operations, which was posponed in Branson, MO on September 23, 2008 (MR-UE-CO-19-09/2008), be docketed for the next hearing before the National Grievance Committee.

Copies of this Utility Change of Operations were provided to the affected Local Unions prior to the September 23, 2008 hearing in accordance with Article 3 of the N.M.F.A. Discussions with the Local Unions involved were also held prior to the hearing.

Should you have any questions regarding this Change of Operations, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Sam P....., Labor Relations

Cc:[various directors/officers of USF and Teamsters]

I really had to restrain myself from inserting some smart a.. comments in the above text after some of their B.S. statements, it wasn't easy. I'll keep refraining.

As of the end of Oct 16, 2008, our business agent who was on the conference call concerning the memo of understanding didn't hear anything about the Union rejecting the M.O.U. This conference call was only union people. All that was decided was that no decision or action would be taken until Nov 10, 2008. If somebody knows something that has happened since that conference call on the 16th, please enlighten us. USF makes it sound like there was already negotiation with, and then rejection by the union. I'm somewhat skeptical of this letter as to just what the company is up to now. I also find it interesting that the company was willing to be more specific in this letter about just where and when a road driver could drop and hook-now that this M.O.U. according to them is dead.

Since USF is wanting to revive the second COO request, can anyone provide a link that would direct us to it? I either threw my copy out or lost it. Thanks

I am writing this word for word since it was posted publicly in our break room for all to see. It is on USF Holland letterhead:

October 17, 2008
Via Fax/Mail

Teamsters Local Union's

Dear Principal Officer;

Due to the unsuccessful negotiation of the proposed memo of understanding dated October 9, 2008, which was designed to permit USF Holland line haul drivers to drop and hook and to move freight across the dock at dark terminals and velocity centers, USF Holland is requesting immediate rescheduling of the previously posponed Utility Change of Operations.

The failure to reach agreement on this critical issue was very discouraging. Not only would the Memorandium of Understanding have provided the Company with vital flexibility, the alternative Utility Change of Operations will adversely affect the over-the-road classification. This adverse impact could have been mitigated through approval of the Memorandium of Understanding.

The time elapsed between the September 23, 2008 postponement of the Utility Change of Operations and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters October 16, 2008 rejection of the Memorandum of Understanding was a loss of significant time and opportunity to ease USF Holland's operating losses. Therefor, we respectfully request that the Utility Change of Operations, which was posponed in Branson, MO on September 23, 2008 (MR-UE-CO-19-09/2008), be docketed for the next hearing before the National Grievance Committee.

Copies of this Utility Change of Operations were provided to the affected Local Unions prior to the September 23, 2008 hearing in accordance with Article 3 of the N.M.F.A. Discussions with the Local Unions involved were also held prior to the hearing.

Should you have any questions regarding this Change of Operations, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Sam P....., Labor Relations

Cc:[various directors/officers of USF and Teamsters]

I really had to restrain myself from inserting some smart a.. comments in the above text after some of their B.S. statements, it wasn't easy. I'll keep refraining.

As of the end of Oct 16, 2008, our business agent who was on the conference call concerning the memo of understanding didn't hear anything about the Union rejecting the M.O.U. This conference call was only union people. All that was decided was that no decision or action would be taken until Nov 10, 2008. If somebody knows something that has happened since that conference call on the 16th, please enlighten us. USF makes it sound like there was already negotiation with, and then rejection by the union. I'm somewhat skeptical of this letter as to just what the company is up to now. I also find it interesting that the company was willing to be more specific in this letter about just where and when a road driver could drop and hook-now that this M.O.U. according to them is dead.

Since USF is wanting to revive the second COO request, can anyone provide a link that would direct us to it? I either threw my copy out or lost it. Thanks

Sounds like whoever Sam P is , may be a little angry he didn't get his way. What this letter should have read like was because you weren't willing to throw away your work rules and let you and your fellow workers be abused, now we're really mad. :hysterical: I hope this letter is true and not a hoax. enough is enough.

Sounds like whoever Sam P is , may be a little angry he didn't get his way. What this letter should have read like was because you weren't willing to throw away your work rules and let you and your fellow workers be abused, now we're really mad. :hysterical: I hope this letter is true and not a hoax. enough is enough.

Something does seem fishy about this letter. No reports of it showing up anywhere else?
We haven't heard from the usual sources when this kind of thing happens.
No offense to anyone but I like to see reports like this backed up by more than one source.

AND why does the ability to move freight across the dock at "dark" terminals keep coming up when they already do that? Doesn't seem like we need a memo of understanding for that.

Due to the unsuccessful negotiation of the proposed memo of understanding dated October 9, 2008, which was designed to permit USF Holland line haul drivers to drop and hook and to move freight across the dock at dark terminals and velocity centers,....
Ok, they can already move freight at dark terminals. They just want the road drivers to do city work at the 17 "Velocity" terminals.

The time elapsed between the September 23, 2008 postponement of the Utility Change of Operations and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters October 16, 2008 rejection of the Memorandum of Understanding was a loss of significant time and opportunity to ease USF Holland's operating losses.
HA! Letting a road driver do his own drops, at 17 terminals, for a total of 18 working days would have significantly eased Hollands operating losses?:biglaugh: These guys TRUELY have no clue.

QUOTE=unionman;435178]Sounds like whoever Sam P is , may be a little angry he didn't get his way...

Sam P.....(I'm not sure if using his last name is against the rules, although he is a prominant officer at USF Holland) replaced Lenny W. as the head of Labor Relations a few months back. He used to always represent the company at our local hearings. I think I recognize his signature on the letter, but I won't say for sure. The letter does have the USF Holland letterhead but no address.

Ok, they can already move freight at dark terminals. They just want the road drivers to do city work at the 17 "Velocity" terminals.

HA! Letting a road driver do his own drops, at 17 terminals, for a total of 18 working days would have significantly eased Hollands operating losses?:biglaugh: These guys TRUELY have no clue.
Ya, Really! They act as though this is their only problem that they have!:chairshot:

A UE can do this already, dark or working,whats the problem? Its what they had to have to increase their flexability.Now its our fault they dont know what the hell to do with it.

A UE can do this already, dark or working,whats the problem? Its what they had to have to increase their flexability.Now its our fault they dont know what the hell to do with it.

What do you call what the UE's are doing? It is Road work! A road Driver doing his own drop at a dark terminal already happens. The only difference would have been the velocity Terminals. How many city men are on the payroll to do "day time" drops? Not very many, I'm sure. If the letter of Understanding has been killed it will be because of shelfish people not caring about the hundreds of Road Drivers on layoff.

They are wanting us to be able to crossdock, which we currently cannot. Therefore take a city mans work. We can handle freight from dock to trailer or vice versa, but not trailer to trailer. The P. stands for P*****. This is a name we all need to be aware of and CONCERNED. You thought W**** was bad. Mr. P will spend a million to prove a ten cent point.
Maybe this would be a little easier to accept had we not been lied to, and abused with the first coo. As far as the negotiations go, you can bet that the company and the freight comm. have been doing that all along. Maybe they wouldn't give TY, and Jim enough in the envelope this time around.

you can say that again mustang! the p stands for pigface. he is nothin but a liar and a scam artist. i also forgot he is the king of letter of understandings. i hope he gets this stuck where the sun dont shine. sorry for the negativity but we cant stand him in michigan.

My B.A. has confirmed this letter is legit. The company is going forward with trying to get the (second) Utility Employee C.O.O. dated August 2008 pushed through. Problem is, there are multitudes of grievances about the utility drivers that need to get taken care of by the committee. We'll see what the company's next move is.

I'm again requesting anyone to provide a link or direction to the August 2008 C.O.O. document if they can.

City work!

What do you call what the UE's are doing? It is Road work! A road Driver doing his own drop at a dark terminal already happens. The only difference would have been the velocity Terminals. How many city men are on the payroll to do "day time" drops? Not very many, I'm sure. If the letter of Understanding has been killed it will be because of shelfish people not caring about the hundreds of Road Drivers on layoff.
Road drivers doing doing their own hooks would cost JO city guys at least 5-6 jobs.
I know in JO most of us would be fine with that letter of understanding-----as long as they dovetail our two boards into one! I'll take a nice St. Louis turn, I think I got enough whiskers for it----thats the fair way to do it---lowest man on the totem pole gets laid off by company seniority then! Sound pretty fair?:smilie_132:

TM's Zipper?? WOW!!

Road drivers doing doing their own hooks would cost JO city guys at least 5-6 jobs.
I know in JO most of us would be fine with that letter of understanding-----as long as they dovetail our two boards into one! I'll take a nice St. Louis turn, I think I got enough whiskers for it----thats the fair way to do it---lowest man on the totem pole gets laid off by company seniority then! Sound pretty fair?:smilie_132:

Hollandman 73:

How do you know most of the people in JO would fine with the letter of understanding, did you take a poll or a vote?? NO!!, you did not. So when YOU are saying most of the people, you probably are talking about the road, the same people that were fine with the UE. You say you have whiskers, well, that's why you are talking all this BS.
Be careful and don't get your whiskers caught on the TM'S zipper.

You know what I think is fair,? that we leave it the way it is, why should the city board suffer when it was the road board that thought the UE was the best thing since the Thanksgiving Turkey, ask your JO road Union Steward.:nutkick:

As far as dove tailing, whether its in the contract or not, if you are changing boards you should go to the bottom!!. You want company seniority, well, use it for vacations I don't have a problem with that. All dove tailing does is get the good people laid off.:chairshot:

Why should people come from another board and try to bump me or anybody else. We gonna have problems!!!

GBA:USA:

Hollandman 73:

How do you know most of the people in JO would fine with the letter of understanding, did you take a poll or a vote?? NO!!, you did not. So when YOU are saying most of the people, you probably are talking about the road, the same people that were fine with the UE. You say you have whiskers, well, that's why you are talking all this BS.

You know what I think is fair,? that we leave it the way it is, why should the city board suffer when it was the road board that thought the UE was the best thing since the Thanksgiving Turkey, ask your JO road Union Steward.:nutkick:

As far as dove tailing, whether its in the contract or not, if you are changing boards you should go to the bottom!!. You want company seniority, well, use it for vacations I don't have a problem with that. All dove tailing does is get the good people laid off.:chairshot:

Why should people come from another board and try to bump me or anybody else. We gonna have problems!!!

Lumper Lumper Lumper---Yes, I did take a pole---uummmm poll at work......most of the city guys have more time than the road guys so yes--they would love to have the choice of taking a nice easy road run. I think if the road guys are so hot to do "our" city work--hooking and crossdocking--then we should give them the full city driver experience ,,making some deliveries to some of our great P+D areas like Gary, Aurora, Joliet etc...
Thanks for your concern about my whiskers in the zipper--not to worry though--I usually shave first!

Also Lumpy--I didn't say change boards--I said combine boards! Big difference....please pay attention from now on.:biglaugh:

Watch out Roady--here I come!

Hollandman 73:

Hey Lumper--I work at Jo and I agree with HollandMan 100%.......I can't wait to get me a nice turn....Detroit,St. Louis, Hawaii, I don't care! It beats pulling my Huge A** in and out of my truck 8 times a day! Stop the hate!

Long line

Lumper Lumper Lumper---Yes, I did take a pole---uummmm poll at work......most of the city guys have more time than the road guys so yes--they would love to have the choice of taking a nice easy road run. I think if the road guys are so hot to do "our" city work--hooking and crossdocking--then we should give them the full city driver experience ,,making some deliveries to some of our great P+D areas like Gary, Aurora, Joliet etc...
Thanks for your concern about my whiskers in the zipper--not to worry though--I usually shave first!

Also Lumpy--I didn't say change boards--I said combine boards! Big difference....please pay attention from now on.:biglaugh:

Nice reply HM73, you are a funny guy, I see you have a sense of humor, I shouldn't be taking things too seriously, specially on Truckingboards, besides, I wasn't really concerned about your whiskers as much as I was for the TM's zipper, I did not want you to break it, what , with all those special guys:butt kiss:waiting in line behind you and all.:hysterical: