XPO | New power units...

I was looking at them the other night. Not in service yet.
The CB antenna mount was moved to above the rear window. Will need to find a shorter antenna.
Tie downs for the radio box are in the same holes that the passenger seat is bolted into.
10 speed transmission.
Seat seems to be comfortable.
Wheelbase is about one foot longer.
Couldn't see too much else, it was too dark.

New 2008 Units

Duel arm rests, four sun visors, low profile tires, and new style fifth wheel. And ya, no passenger seat and or seat belt, I guess cushioning newbies, broke down and out of hours drivers is in the past? Wasn't this tried before?:chairshot: over all a nice ride though! still no power on the hills... I guess asking to much :biglaugh:

10 speed, but don't even bother with 1, 2 or 3. Start out in a minimum of 4th gear. Reverse is too slow in low range and too fast in high. Loved the low pro tires (puts the step that much closer to the ground). Loved the tall mirror on the hood. Much easier to use. Hate the 5th wheel release. Loved the ride. Comfy seat. You'll find all the buttons for adjustment on the right side instead of the left.

Is the 5th wheel the same as some of th 07 tractors?If so it takes a little to get used to but when you do you will like it especillay(?) in the snow months.The one issue I do see is the cb set up.It looks as if the coax is one piece through the cab wall.Which eliminates several parts which cut costs But the coax they used is that super cheap black stuff that nobody uses because of the poor Performance.So watch out all you dsr's with these big radios.

They are Sterlings. A bit fancier, more "Psuedo" Chrome......couldn't get a ground on either antenna mount (both are on the back of the cab), finally got the c/b mount working right, but still haven't been able to get a ground on the am/fm. It does seem to pull a bit better, at least in the top two gears (10 & 9)......once you have to get down lower than 8 however, it is about the same as the '06 model with the Detroit. It does ride smoother, and is quieter than the older ones, overall, I like it. The radio hookups are not powered in the ACC setting on the key switch, therefore, whenever you turn the key off, for any reason, you loose all of your radio settings, that is a bit annoying. It really handles well, especially in a crosswind, also, the smaller tires, makes it way more maneuverable, when hooking/unhooking, smaller turning radius.:1036316054::1036316054:

you will need to take the star washer on the antennas off of the bottom and put it on the top . like the new improvements . will need to make a new box for CB and radio. 10-4

Where is this? On the base of the hook up, just below the flat? Take it off the bottom and flip it up above the flat? Is that it?

Where is this? On the base of the hook up, just below the flat? Take it off the bottom and flip it up above the flat? Is that it?

if you are looking at the mounting bracket . top to bottom . there is the piece that you screw your antenna in to.then a plastic piece . then the mount to the truck . under that is the star washer . take it off and put it on top of the plastic piece . hope that helps . and did not confuse anyone . you need to do that on the am/fm also .

They are Sterlings. A bit fancier, more "Psuedo" Chrome......couldn't get a ground on either antenna mount (both are on the back of the cab), finally got the c/b mount working right, but still haven't been able to get a ground on the am/fm. It does seem to pull a bit better, at least in the top two gears (10 & 9)......once you have to get down lower than 8 however, it is about the same as the '06 model with the Detroit. It does ride smoother, and is quieter than the older ones, overall, I like it. The radio hookups are not powered in the ACC setting on the key switch, therefore, whenever you turn the key off, for any reason, you loose all of your radio settings, that is a bit annoying. It really handles well, especially in a crosswind, also, the smaller tires, makes it way more maneuverable, when hooking/unhooking, smaller turning radius.:1036316054::1036316054:

It still amazes me that after all this time they still can't put a live power hookup to keep your radio settings.

Had one guy at our place, two or three years ago now, who ran a wire from a hot port on the breaker box up underneath the dash, kept it hidden, it had an alligator clip on the hot end so whenever the unit was due P.M., he pulled it. Got away with it for years, until the regional maintenance dude showed up un-announced and found it......he doesn't work here anymore.

Moral of that story is: remove all evidence DAILY :funky:

Had one guy at our place, two or three years ago now, who ran a wire from a hot port on the breaker box up underneath the dash, kept it hidden, it had an alligator clip on the hot end so whenever the unit was due P.M., he pulled it. Got away with it for years, until the regional maintenance dude showed up un-announced and found it......he doesn't work here anymore.