XPO | New Trucks

Leftovers

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard what they r going to get when there r no more sterling or will we keep dtiving these old trucks that will put out more polluntants than the new ones. Why are they moving trucks around.

:hide: FYI: The newer tractors are being parked, the already retired tractors are being put back into service. NO MORE NEW TRACTORS! The next step is to take Truckload tractors, at 400,000 miles, and remove the sleeper, shorten the frame, and convert to single axle, now you have the closest thing we will see to NEW tractors!
Truckload will continue to get new equipment to haul our freight with, we will recieve their cast-offs.
I never thought it would come to this!:smilie_132:

So please, explain it to us....Why are the trucks being moved around..??

:hide: You should know better than I, the tractors are being moved around so that we have enough tractors to cover our business levels, while, at the same time parking all of the newer units.:smilie_132:

:hide: You should know better than I, the tractors are being moved around so that we have enough tractors to cover our business levels, while, at the same time parking all of the newer units.:smilie_132:

I should know, and I do know, but I don't like being told I don't have a clue...So I will wait for the complete explanation so I can understand it better...

I should know, and I do know, but I don't like being told I don't have a clue...So I will wait for the complete explanation so I can understand it better...

:hide: I never said that you don't have a clue! In reality, you probably have about as much of a clue as I do! We are hoping, together, that upper management has a BIG clue!:smilie_132:

the next step is that conway should buy fed-ex freights retired tractors, they retire tractors before they are broken in by conway standards.

the next step is that conway should buy fed-ex freights retired tractors, they retire tractors before they are broken in by conway standards.

Better get them before yellow does. I see a lot of old fedex internationals(actually american freightways), abf macks and old fords from holland being run by yellow around our region.

OK look we have norrowed the new truck thing down to three companies international freightliner, and kenworth for when they decide to get new trucks. the whole truckload truck thing is an idea for the time being maybe they will maybe they wont. if they do itmakes no sense to take off the sleepers and remove axle's to me we have volvos and freightliners right. as far as movng equipment around as far as i can tell they want the older truck running longer which is why we have gotten quite a few old beautis. thats all i know for now hope it helps

OK look we have norrowed the new truck thing down to three companies international freightliner, and kenworth for when they decide to get new trucks. the whole truckload truck thing is an idea for the time being maybe they will maybe they wont. if they do itmakes no sense to take off the sleepers and remove axle's to me we have volvos and freightliners right. as far as movng equipment around as far as i can tell they want the older truck running longer which is why we have gotten quite a few old beautis. thats all i know for now hope it helps

Did ya ever get 480-6049 breathin' again...Last heard it was scheduled to move and broke down no less than three times in the moves...ROTFLMAO!!! :hysterical:

Is it still at your barn?

Rat :loser:

I heard we are having a hard time getting parts for these old girls...any truth to that rumor?

Rat :smilie_132:

In anticipation of geographic customer base shift, Ford has already moved all parts warehousing to Mexico.

yeah there is some truth especially the old body style they are taking parts from wrecked or no longer used old gems and using those we pulled a trans and clutch to send to oklahoma for an old 478

:smilie_132::hide:I, personally have had five , "dead tractor breakdowns" in the last three months. In the previous 20 years, I probably had five! WTF?

All these equipment movements that you see thru out the company are all being done in order to get the older units on the longer runs.....to get miles on the old units. About 2 yrs ago I was at a shop in my region and saw a list of retired units that had recently been sold....these old piles of junk were only sold for between $1500 and $500. And this was before the economy went to s#$%!! There is absolutely no resale for these units now so they wanna get more use out of them.

We got our old 480 back outta retirement about 2 weeks ago!! Ride on, baby, ride on!!