FedEx Freight | new trucks

What? Why? When? who wants a beep beep beep truck? I am not giving up my 965000 miler for nutting vrrrooomm vrrrooom!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I've spent 8 month getting everthing fixed on the "ole girl" and now she kicks all those "Billy Big Riggers Petercars donkeys truckin down the hammer lane". So no thankyou, I'll stick to my candystriper and :shift: it on down the road. Goodluck on getting the right answer and beep beep be safe

[quote author=formerEdriver link=topic=81739.msg843924#msg843924 date=1278353486]
ops manager said 6 new tractors coming in next week,anyone have info on these trucks?
[/quote]

All I can tell ya about this is, all the New Tractors coming in will be Cornbinders, some if not all with auto shift....There are a few twin screws, although I don't know who is getting them.

Don't get too excited over these new rigs:
No power on hills.
They read 65 mph on the speedo...you're really poking along at 63 and you can't "bump" the governor like the striped "W" Volvos.
We've had 4 of those from other terminals...all but 1 had a check engine light on.
Stripped-down, underpowered, cheap-a$$$ cornbinders...you'll love getting your doors blown off by Swift!!!! :biglaugh:

Good stereos? the ones I've driven are terrible! Can't hear them over that damn beepin anyway. The new freightliner has a different beep beep thingy in them, they aren't as loud. They shouldn't even get them with cruise anymore, it's useless with that beep beep junk

I wonder if MV can find one positive thing about his job? Go ahead Mike, give it a try. Who knows, it might catch on.

We are getting 28 binders, 11 of them twin screws here in KC.

[quote author=sharpshooter link=topic=81739.msg846508#msg846508 date=1279026589]
Good stereos? the ones I've driven are terrible! Can't hear them over that damn beepin anyway. The new freightliner has a different beep beep thingy in them, they aren't as loud. They shouldn't even get them with cruise anymore, it's useless with that beep beep junk
[/quote]

Oh well yes the lane departure warning sucks in them. I wanna rip them out and throw them out the window!!! my left ear bleeds @ end of run. yea I know "keep it between the lines and I won't have that problem" I beat you to it. get rest SD

[quote author=superdave link=topic=81739.msg846574#msg846574 date=1279042564]
Oh well yes the lane departure warning sucks in them. I wanna rip them out and throw them out the window!!! my left ear bleeds @ end of run. yea I know "keep it between the lines and I won't have that problem" I beat you to it. get rest SD
[/quote]

A phillips screwdriver takes care of that. 2 or 3 screws, hold the lane departure speaker in one hand and unplug the wires with your other. Put the speaker back in and no more ringing left ear (when I got out of it for the last time, I plugged it back in). I left the right one hooked up. As for the VORAD, the 'binder I was driving for a while had adjustable volume and range on the collision alerts and "Smart Cruise."

[quote author=slim6596 link=topic=81739.msg846598#msg846598 date=1279050698]
A phillips screwdriver takes care of that. 2 or 3 screws, hold the lane departure speaker in one hand and unplug the wires with your other. Put the speaker back in and no more ringing left ear (when I got out of it for the last time, I plugged it back in). I left the right one hooked up. As for the VORAD, the 'binder I was driving for a while had adjustable volume and range on the collision alerts and "Smart Cruise."
[/quote]

@ our barn we got a "you'll get canned for that" memo. Drivers were disabling them by unpluging them in the CB cubby hole.

Same at our barn. I've even seen guys write them up if they aren't working for fear of getting blamed. I won't go that far. I didn't notice it was broke!

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=81739.msg846712#msg846712 date=1279072588]
Same at our barn. I've even seen guys write them up if they aren't working for fear of getting blamed. I won't go that far. I didn't notice it was broke!
[/quote]

Same here... I'm so good I never depart from my lane, so how would I know it's not working.... :biglaugh:

[quote author=ls57racer link=topic=81739.msg846764#msg846764 date=1279081445]
Same here... I'm so good I never depart from my lane, so how would I know it's not working.... :biglaugh:
[/quote] LOL take a ride across 460 in VA, you'll hear it then!

If I hear a squeak or rattle on the truck, it drives me nuts til I find it. Then I either get it fixed or rig something til its fixed. OSHA might be interested in a complaint about the decibels these beep beep trucks put out in a drivers ear in a 11hr drive. But, I don't know how bad it is, my truck has stripes, :biglaugh:10-4

Good point there about osha! The internationals are super loud on the drivers side!!! Way worse than the others. I love to get stripes, means it'll be a nice relaxing trip. They hand me keys to an international, I ask for a sleeper truck

:stir:This is how you do it, chevy. You go to the airport, have them load your truck in a FedEx Express plane and drop you off at 8 miles up. You should get up to 80 MP splat. :biglaugh: If you wear a RED shirt at work, go somewhere! If you do drive, ask a FXF driver as he passes you on CH 4.

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=81739.msg846561#msg846561 date=1279041239]
I wonder if MV can find one positive thing about his job? Go ahead Mike, give it a try. Who knows, it might catch on.

We are getting 28 binders, 11 of them twin screws here in KC.
[/quote]I wonder what the deal is with the twin screws. They must have different plans from Freight. They don't have any, and their new trls aren't set up for rail, or 53's, just 48's. Sucks not knowing what's in store

[quote author=sharpshooter link=topic=81739.msg847172#msg847172 date=1279213153]
I wonder what the deal is with the twin screws. They must have different plans from Freight. They don't have any, and their new trls aren't set up for rail, or 53's, just 48's. Sucks not knowing what's in store
[/quote]

We haul a lot of truckload frieght and many less than truckload accounts which are heavy loads. Hence the Twin Screw...