Yellow | News gaines leaves yrc

cellblock309

TB Regular
Credits
YRC Freight CFO Gaines leaves to join KBP Foods

Kansas City Business Journal by David Twiddy, Reporter
Date: Monday, April 2, 2012, 1:38pm CDT - Last Modified: Monday, April 2, 2012, 3:55pm CDT

Related:
Retailing & Restaurants, Logistics & Transportation, Overland Park

Enlarge Image

YRC's headquarters is in Overland Park.

David TwiddyReporter - Kansas City Business JournalEmail | Twitter | Health care coverage | Transportation coverage
Phil Gaines, CFO of YRC Freight, has left the company to take over the finances of KBP Foods in Overland Park, YRC Worldwide Inc. confirmed Monday.

Gaines’ departure comes only weeks after Paul Liljegren resigned as YRC Worldwide’s chief accounting officer and corporate controller.

YRC Freight is Overland Park-based YRC Worldwide’s national less-than-truckload carrier, meaning it combines smaller customer shipments into single truckloads.

Gaines had spent 23 years with YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW) in a multitude of positions, including president of Yellow Transportation before its combination with Roadway in 2009. He became CFO in April 2011.

KBP Foods owns 119 restaurants in seven states and expects to generate $150 million in sales this year. Its primary brands are KFC, Taco Bell , Pizza Hut and Long John Silver’s.

See Comments

Is Welch showing some of these top management people the door or are they running for the hills on their own? Sure would like to know the answer. It might help us all understand more about the ability of YRC to survive amid all the debt. Mabe these managers are just looking for greener pastures,or maybe they know something the rest of us don`t.

Exodus of the top execs is never a good thing. Isn't this topic already addressed in another thread?

I'm confused. I thought Peirson, the 1.2 million dollar man was the CFO, or was he a no-show.

Is Welch showing some of these top management people the door or are they running for the hills on their own? Sure would like to know the answer. It might help us all understand more about the ability of YRC to survive amid all the debt. Mabe these managers are just looking for greener pastures,or maybe they know something the rest of us don`t.

They definitely know things the rest of us don't good things or bad things that is the question to ponder

I'm confused. I thought Peirson, the 1.2 million dollar man was the CFO, or was he a no-show.

Don't confuse YRCW and YRCF positions

LOL.....Ironic this all happened on the 100th aniversary of the TITANIC's test voyage in Dublin before setting sail on 4/12/1912.....just sayin'......KK

LOL.....Ironic this all happened on the 100th aniversary of the TITANIC's test voyage in Dublin before setting sail on 4/12/1912.....just sayin'......KK

What happened to you being the optimist? Comparing yrc to the titanic isn't an optimistic comparison.