XPO | Nice jump in stock price

because it was my birthday....actually, oil dropped for the 2nd straight day, BIG....down 10 dollars a barrel the last 2 days...we should see a little benefit at the pump in around a month...but who knows how long it will last...the SEC is also going to investigate oil traders for improprieties, which means anyone with tons of oil stock is a "suspect"...so, start selling, avoid the microscope...pretty good scare tactic if it holds up...

because it was my birthday....actually, oil dropped for the 2nd straight day, BIG....down 10 dollars a barrel the last 2 days...we should see a little benefit at the pump in around a month...
Isn`t it funny how if there is bad news the price at the pump goes up instantly, but if theres good news it doesn`t filter down right away?

I was going to say that too! Also they did have the Big Three or Four, however many CEO's of the oil companies up at an inquest (I think it's called) to explain WHY the gas prices jumped so much and why there was such a big profit made by the oil companies. The person telling me about this said that the CEO's weren't made to take an oath so they could get into trouble for lying. Sounds like a ruse to me.

Isn`t it funny how if there is bad news the price at the pump goes up instantly, but if theres good news it doesn`t filter down right away?

oil is having an impact on our stock but the real reason it is up is because ODFL had a preliminary earnings release yesterday morning and announced that their EPS was going to be .62-.64 per share off an estimate of .51. ODFL was up $7, heck even SAIA and YRC had good days. However today ODFL and everyone else was flat while we are up $2.13... investors know that we historically do better than ODFL and our stock is surging based on anticipated earnings..

good point, ODFL continues to move up the food chain...How Long before R&L makes an impact..??...I know this is going to sound goofy when I say it, because we are talking about billions of dollars vs. millions, but when you look at the big3 oil companies, take a good look at our O/R against theirs....you will be surprised...the difference, of course, is in demand for their product vs. demand for ours...My oldest son is beginning college this fall, and economics has been on his plate since high school, so I was teaching him about margins and what not after the first quarter of this year and discovered quite accidentally that Con-way's 92 O/R stood up pretty good to Exxon's 95.4 O/R, which I couldn't help but laugh at...