FedEx Freight | no go in CIN

I'll tell you what happened to them, they signed cards because they were talked into it or because their friend asked them to and they wanted to get along and not be accused of the same stuff you are accusing people on here of. They never intended to vote yes, and every terminal has some you should just hope they aren't as big of a percentage. But I think if you can't get a small end of line center in the east organized you will have a hard time with a big hub in the Midwest.

What have I accused people of? Read my past posts! I have said from the beginning that people needed to vote how their heart felt! I have been the up most professional at my barn! When I approached people and they said they weren't interested I shook their hand and I would say call me if you change your mind! I have tried to be professional on here, but when people post others names on here it pisses me off! I guess it made moderators mad too because we DON'T see them anymore! Get your facts straight before you group me with other antagonists!!!

Sure CIN was very discouraging, but we have 10 more centers to go RIGHT NOW! If EPH and NHS fail I will start to worry!

What have I accused people of? Read my past posts! I have said from the beginning that people needed to vote how their heart felt! I have been the up most professional at my barn! When I approached people and they said they weren't interested I shook their hand and I would say call me if you change your mind! I have tried to be professional on here, but when people post others names on here it pisses me off! I guess it made moderators mad too because we DON'T see them anymore! Get your facts straight before you group me with other antagonists!!!

Sure CIN was very discouraging, but we have 10 more centers to go RIGHT NOW! If EPH and NHS fail I will start to worry!

You want breakbulks or DCs who carry more weight in voting blocks! Once you hopefully get the large barns the rest will fall in line. UPS Freight was the same way to the end there were end of line or dark terminals that signed at the end. Terminals 20 doors or less and usually in middle of no where and were glad to just have jobs. Yes disappointing Cin ie Delanco NJ did not go but a momentum has to be building or this would have come to fruition at all ofpeople being pissed off! MARCH ON and :Duel:

stay united

I don't know why you would sign a card and then back out. Man up out there. EPH do not be discouraged. Show management and be the first to go and the rest will follow. We need that first one to step up and go and get whats fair for all of us.We are behind you.

hers a question to ponder....how many " NO " votes were new hires? 2 years or less? I know at this point it does not make much of a difference. Also to my understanding talking to a few UPSF drivers. There are still 3 terminals that are non union..just a thought

... Also to my understanding talking to a few UPSF drivers. There are still 3 terminals that are non union..just a thought

True, I believe.

Also, just to put things in context. One center stood up, petitioned, but voted it down. Only they can honestly say why. We move on, hopefully LEARNING from what happened. In one year, they can petition again. When they see other centers and hubs have voted yes, and not lost jobs or not had freight re-routed to neighboring centers, they may change their mind.

FedEx must know that to retaliate against those that wanted their voice heard, would be foolish and risky, adding strength to the movement, not weakening it. Continue to do your jobs professionally, stay educated and prepare for the next time. Building a stronger base is the only way to change the outcome. Lashing out against "no" votes, however tempting, will only insure future difficulty.

hers a question to ponder....how many " NO " votes were new hires? 2 years or less? I know at this point it does not make much of a difference. Also to my understanding talking to a few UPSF drivers. There are still 3 terminals that are non union..just a thought

That shouldnt matter, at our barn there is a bunch that have been here less than 2 years that signed card.

It's human nature for people to forget or back off something the further it gets away from the incident that got them fired up. Don't get upset with CIN. drivers. People second guess themselves all the time! Trust me I do it all the time! They probably got worried about their families or their careers. They believed all the propaganda or scare tactics of FedEx, and because FedEx has given us a raise, took away the scorecard(for now!!) and started letting people take vacation days they forgot what the did to get us to where we are! People have short term memory on stuff! Example(911!!!!!! IRS scandal NSA scandal and so on!

If you think FedEx has changed then why are the same people that treated you unprofessionally still work here? Do you think for a minute if me or you did half the stuff management did we would still be employed here! Outta sight out mind I guess for some. Not me I've seen their worst and I know IF union goes away they will be back to rare form!

Little bit of info for you. Our unethical assistant manager didn't get fired! They moved him to another center! They don't care how he treated us! They wanted him to treat us like that! They just figured if they got him out of Nashville we would back off UNION! Outta sight outta mind!! Sorry corporate you started to make people think you changed but when they heard you just moved him instead of firing him it just motivated them even more!

Stay strong EPH! Don't have short term memory! Remember what got you to this point! I can't speak for other centers, but Nashville has got your back!!

True, I believe.

Also, just to put things in context. One center stood up, petitioned, but voted it down. Only they can honestly say why. We move on, hopefully LEARNING from what happened. In one year, they can petition again. When they see other centers and hubs have voted yes, and not lost jobs or not had freight re-routed to neighboring centers, they may change their mind.

FedEx must know that to retaliate against those that wanted their voice heard, would be foolish and risky, adding strength to the movement, not weakening it. Continue to do your jobs professionally, stay educated and prepare for the next time. Building a stronger base is the only way to change the outcome. Lashing out against "no" votes, however tempting, will only insure future difficulty.
one lost battle doesn't mean the war is lost either...

That shouldnt matter, at our barn there is a bunch that have been here less than 2 years that signed card.

I see your point...in a few post back it was stated that some people signed because a buddy signed and they just wanted to get along. Most people that have less then 2 years may or may not have seen the true colors yet. That is the point of my statement.......It's strategy...like playing chess...as in another statement made...maybe the bigger terminals/ hubs should have filed and voted first. I am in NO way degrading the efforts of CIN....I applaud their effort...NHS is the 31st I think I read...2nd biggest in the FXF system. and a vote on Tuesday at another terminal...1 lost battle ( and by such a narrow margin ) does not lose a war.

As far as UPSF terminals that are none union, I only know of 1 and that would be Waynesboro, VA. The HRS hub largest in the UPSF system and I believe 3rd largest in the entire UPS system was the last of the hubs to vote in the union. Mainly because at HRS we had a TM that actually cared about his guys and made sure we were taken care of as much as UPS would allow him to do.

How come if they voted no they were scared maybe they just didn't want the union.

What transpired in the closing weeks before the vote? Has anyone from that barn given an account of that? Several posts of yours discount company intimidation. Having been involved in an organizing effort or two myself, there is a great deal of attrition and it is directly related to company intimidation.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk