Yellow | No Pay for my Vacation???

Go ahead and forefit your grievance and week of vacation pay and do what a YES man would do and give it to the company. If you don't they will go out of business (that is their favorite excuse) and you will not have a job. Everyone else believes that and so should you!

Would be quicker to contact your payroll people. Local management could be wrong. No reason to wait for a hearing if you can just find out. This has to have come up before now.

I can think of two reasons for this.

1) It's part of the MOU and the week's vacation you lose is the first one you take.

2) They know they owe it to you but they're on the way out and it's one more screw you as they stick your money in their pocket on the way out.

I filed a grievance on my vacation that I took and wasn't paid for. I was reading this "The Freight Division of the International Union has issued an 18-page memo settling a number of grievances filed by YRCW Teamsters and local unions, and giving guidance on future grievances." https://tdu.org/sites/default/files/DecisionsAndRemediesYRCWGrievances.pdf
Under section I near the bottom, I am thinking this means I will be paid now for this vacation which they gave me $0.00?? Does anyone know when we will be paid for the vacation? I know a couple of other guys at Chicago Heights filed the same grievance for pay for vacation because they were not paid.

carmel, you don't specify if your dock, city, or road. How long were you laid off? From what date to what date? When is your anniversary date? Did you just read item I on page 5? If that is as far as you read go to page 16 and read the decision.

I filed a grievance on my vacation that I took and wasn't paid for. I was reading this "The Freight Division of the International Union has issued an 18-page memo settling a number of grievances filed by YRCW Teamsters and local unions, and giving guidance on future grievances." https://tdu.org/sites/default/files/DecisionsAndRemediesYRCWGrievances.pdf
Under section I near the bottom, I am thinking this means I will be paid now for this vacation which they gave me $0.00?? Does anyone know when we will be paid for the vacation? I know a couple of other guys at Chicago Heights filed the same grievance for pay for vacation because they were not paid.
Sorry, I didn't read back to the beginning of this thread. By the letter of the contract if you had no wages then you will not get pay.