Yellow | "NO" voters please read.

Collective bargaining is a powerful weapon when it comes to taking a stand against corporate oppression only if you have something to bargain with. Yrc freight is operating at a loss plain and simple. Yrc freight is costing money to stay in business trying to maintain operations. In addition, trying to pay the debt in addition to keeping the doors open. Welch is trying to help save jobs while trying to steer the company from going over a cliff. The fact that yrcw is saying they are going to pay for benefits through 2019 in itself is a massive win for everyone. Standing up to the evil corporate, lying oppressors by voting no does nothing but put people out of jobs and families without coverage.
Sure you can make a stand and and tell yrcw how wrong they are. Sure you can say vote no and say "let them close the doors". Sure you can say "I'm not going to allow them to push us around". But after the dust settles from your stand, and yrcw is closing its doors, because we said no, what then? Pride is for a moment but a mistakes is for a lifetime. Being right and unemployed is silly. Vote yes.

Did you happen to help design the messages on the recent fliers mailed to teamster homes?

Something about a picture of a truck going off a "financial" cliff?

Interesting choice of screen names.... Welcome to TB.

Collective bargaining is a powerful weapon when it comes to taking a stand against corporate oppression only if you have something to bargain with. Yrc freight is operating at a loss plain and simple. Yrc freight is costing money to stay in business trying to maintain operations. In addition, trying to pay the debt in addition to keeping the doors open. Welch is trying to help save jobs while trying to steer the company from going over a cliff. The fact that yrcw is saying they are going to pay for benefits through 2019 in itself is a massive win for everyone. Standing up to the evil corporate, lying oppressors by voting no does nothing but put people out of jobs and families without coverage.
Sure you can make a stand and and tell yrcw how wrong they are. Sure you can say vote no and say "let them close the doors". Sure you can say "I'm not going to allow them to push us around". But after the dust settles from your stand, and yrcw is closing its doors, because we said no, what then? Pride is for a moment but a mistakes is for a lifetime. Being right and unemployed is silly. Vote yes.

you ever stop to think if we don't collectively force this mgt. to deal with the fact they are still mis managing this outfit,they will still fail or come back at us for even more concessions? we have done our part,its time they did theirs.... a no vote all they way from me.

You need to reread my post.... I have never said I want this job to go away.... I have said this job will not be worth having if we continue to give everything away.. Corporate gets raises.... Why do you think they are any better then us... Explain to me why corporate does not take pay cuts "if" YRC is really in as bad of shape as they would like us to believe.... I also have debt... I pay my debt... They have been paying theirs.... They were paying their debt back when we were hauling a fraction of the freight that we haul today... Again I firmly believe if YRC were ever going to close, they would have closed in 2008, 2009 or early 2010... I have been wrong before... Who knows.

I can't be sure, but from what I heard, read and understand... corp. has had frozen wages for a while now. ??

Collective bargaining is a powerful weapon when it comes to taking a stand against corporate oppression only if you have something to bargain with. Yrc freight is operating at a loss plain and simple. Yrc freight is costing money to stay in business trying to maintain operations. In addition, trying to pay the debt in addition to keeping the doors open.So, you believe the Employee's should reach into their pockets to keep this ship afloat? For a third time? Welch is trying to help save jobs while trying to steer the company from going over a cliff. The fact that yrcw is saying they are going to pay for benefits through 2019 in itself is a massive win for everyone. Standing up to the evil corporate, lying oppressors by voting no does nothing but put people out of jobs and families without coverage. Another option, by voting no, is to negotiate something more reasonable.
Sure you can make a stand and and tell yrcw how wrong they are.We are. Sure you can say vote no and say "let them close the doors"No one is saying "close the doors" we are saying, lets sit down and be reasonable. Sure you can say "I'm not going to allow them to push us around". But after the dust settles from your stand, and yrcw is closing its doors, because we said no, what then? Pride is for a moment but a mistakes is for a lifetime.There is a difference between pride,and, righteous indignation! Being right and unemployed is silly.So you do admit we are right? :) Vote yes.
Day late and a dollar short! Voted "no' already!

So, that's what you got out of the post... pitiful.... you think anyone will listen to anything you post when you cant even understand my dumb ass.... Maybe you just trying to ruffle some feathers.... See ya

No.... I'm not trying to "ruffle some feathers"... I look at this whole thing like this - IF I were looking for a job.. TODAY - not last year, not in 2006 but TODAY - with all of the things that have been going on in the world, economy, Obamacare, etc... Would the proposal in front of me & my family, be a "good job"?? Answer - TODAY - it's not a bad job.... It might not be what I could have had.. IF, IF, IF, IF.. (fill in the IFs however you like)... It might not be 'where I would be IF, IF, IF, IF, ... but it certainly - pays the bills, buys the food, and leaves a little extra for the "fun things". So it's a good job. TODAY!!

IF you know of a better one - tell me where - I'm there!! :)

BTW - I have never said anything worth listening to... never ASKED anyone to listen to me... I'm here for one reason, to understand where everyone else is coming from.
"When I talk (type) all I do is repeat what I already know... When I listen (read) I might learn something more."

Best always - SIN:duh:

I think you are confused.... We are not "grumpy".... We are "fed up".

Grumpy - Fed up - Both negative emotions that have no value. They cloud judgment.... I read something once that said

"never make promises when you are happy, never make decisions when you are angry" - Seems like a sound thought to me....

Angry, Grumpy, Fed-up... what's the diff?

AGAIN, as ALWAYS - just my thoughts... The ones running around my empty head. :)

I didn't say you wanted the job to go away. I phrased it the way I did to just show another way of interpreting the motives of some "no" voters.

They certainly did pay their debt down when it was at a manageable level years ago. That changed of course with the borrowing for the acquisitions followed by the economic downturn.

I agree everyone should share the "pain" so to speak. I have no concrete information about who or how many in management have had cuts however.

I hope you're correct about them not closing. I have no idea if they will. As I've said, I've seen it happen unexpectedly to many companies over the years. I guess we'll just to wait and see what happens. I just hope - as I'm sure most of us do - that it turns out well for all of us.

Perhaps that's my problem... In this instance it feels like WE (my family) have a say-so... last time we were faced with something like this is was -
Called in to get start time - "What time do I start Monday"
Dispatch - "Sorry, we closed the doors on Friday"
ME - "Guess Monday I file for unemployment and look for a new job"

Last edited by a moderator:
No.... I'm not trying to "ruffle some feathers"... I look at this whole thing like this - IF I were looking for a job.. TODAY - not last year, not in 2006 but TODAY - with all of the things that have been going on in the world, economy, Obamacare, etc... Would the proposal in front of me & my family, be a "good job"?? Answer - TODAY - it's not a bad job.... It might not be what I could have had.. IF, IF, IF, IF.. (fill in the IFs however you like)... It might not be 'where I would be IF, IF, IF, IF, ... but it certainly - pays the bills, buys the food, and leaves a little extra for the "fun things". So it's a good job. TODAY!!

IF you know of a better one - tell me where - I'm there!! :)

BTW - I have never said anything worth listening to... never ASKED anyone to listen to me... I'm here for one reason, to understand where everyone else is coming from.
"When I talk (type) all I do is repeat what I already know... When I listen (read) I might learn something more."

Best always - SIN:duh:

I think the issue for most, is, by taking a stand now it will help preserve these wages and benefits in the future.
If we don't take a stand now they will come back again, and, again, until, this job is no longer any better than a non union job.

I think the issue for most, is, by taking a stand now it will help preserve these wages and benefits in the future.
If we don't take a stand now they will come back again, and, again, until, this job is no longer any better than a non union job.

And to that I say - each time they "come back" is a new situation on a new day with new circumstances. And each time they come back, the circumstances will need to be validated and reviewed. Just like when the contract is negotiated... everything is taken into account, and each party tries their best to get the best deal "in the moment". Have you ever thought, from the company stand-point, if they give an inch... the employees take a mile? or politics - If the Republicans give an inch, The Dems take a mile, if the Dems give an inch... you get my point.... What that sounds like to me is FEAR...

Just a thought.

And to that I say - each time they "come back" is a new situation on a new day with new circumstances. And each time they come back, the circumstances will need to be validated and reviewed.We are have reviewed it, and, we are saying No! Just like when the contract is negotiated... everything is taken into account, and each party tries their best to get the best deal "in the moment"Unfortunately the current contract isn't being honored. Have you ever thought, from the company stand-point, if they give an inch... the employees take a mile? Does that work both ways??? or politics - If the Republicans give an inch, The Dems take a mile, if the Dems give an inch... you get my point.... What that sounds like to me is FEAR...Fear or Fear Mongering (Definition from Wikipedia..Fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle) is what the comapany is doing by scaring people into voting the way they want, by, talking up bankruptcy, and ,saying
"if you are going to vote "no" don't vote at all" Wow! if the Dems or Republicans used that tactic during elections can you imagine the public outcry?

Just a thought.
I appreciate your thoughts. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your thoughts. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree?

Agreed!! We will disagree on just about every point! - However, I really like the debate :)

I do agree with you that the company saying "if you are going to vote "no" don't vote at all" was a little over the top.... I think it would have been better if they said something like - If you don't feel this is best for YOU and want to vote "no", please consider the other people who just might believe in the future of this company and would be grateful if you would simply abstain or go to the job you think is better so they can keep the job they want..... See - I'm more afraid of the "no" voters that seem to be voting out of anger, than the company that seems to be trying to come together to make something good out of a pile of crap. It's not only YRCW that is hurting... it's many other companies... the other "job" in my household is in a struggling company too... Just our luck I guess!!

You do know it's your thoughts I'm after... not your vote... right? If I was after your vote that would be a waist of my energy as you have already said you voted 'no' and I respect that.

Best Always :)

Agreed!! We will disagree on just about every point! - However, I really like the debate :)

I do agree with you that the company saying "if you are going to vote "no" don't vote at all" was a little over the top.... I think it would have been better if they said something like - If you don't feel this is best for YOU and want to vote "no", please consider the other people who just might believe in the future of this company and would be grateful if you would simply abstain or go to the job you think is better so they can keep the job they want..... See - I'm more afraid(Thank you for admitting, that, you are the one who is afraid) of the "no" voters that seem to be voting out of anger,(Anger isn't always a bad thing. It can be a catalyst for change and even for justice.
Whether it is social injustice, or, some crime. Anger and outrage can have a impact for good.
than the company that seems to be trying to come together to make something good out of a pile of crap. It's not only YRCW that is hurting... it's many other companies... the other "job" in my household is in a struggling company too... Just our luck I guess!! We are all in this together!

You do know it's your thoughts I'm after... not your vote... right? If I was after your vote that would be a waist of my energy as you have already said you voted 'no' and I respect that.

Best Always :)

From another thread:
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and
yet deprecate agitation are people who want crops without plowing up the ground.
They want rain without thunder and lightening. That struggle might be a moral one;
it might be a physical one; it might be both moral and physical, but it must be
struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will.
People might not get all that they work for in this world, but they must certainly
work for all they get.” —Frederick Douglass, Abolitionist

"The fact that yrcw is saying they are going to pay for benefits through 2019 in itself is a massive win for everyone."

What makes you think we will still be around in 2019? Because YRCW told us so? Of course, they would never, ever lie!

Grumpy - Fed up - Both negative emotions that have no value. They cloud judgment.... I read something once that said

"never make promises when you are happy, never make decisions when you are angry" - Seems like a sound thought to me....

Angry, Grumpy, Fed-up... what's the diff?

AGAIN, as ALWAYS - just my thoughts... The ones running around my empty head. :)

I feel very sad for you.... I would not want to live in "fear" of losing something... That's bound to get in your way of everyday life!!! Never get emotionally attached with your place of employment... Companies,,,, they don't care about you and I.... They only care about the bottom line.

When you let a company get in your head as you have clearly allowed YRC to do... They tend to take advantage of you.... they also tend to take away very important things in your life, such as your wages, vacation days, and retirement... Hell, before you know it, they have stripped you of everything you once had.

Now I'm not trying to put anymore fear in you than you already have... Just trying to make you aware of these things I mentioned before your hourly wage is not enough to provide for your family.... Before all of your vacation days are gone and you wont be able to take your family on vacation.... Before your retirement is gone and you wont be able to retire and make up for all the time you spent away from your family providing for them and to be free of the "fear" from these "corrupt and fraudulent companies".

Now I am truly sorry if I have "scared or frightened" you in any way.... That was not my intent.... Have you ever considered taking some kind of "survival classes" or maybe some kind of class to build up the confidence in yourself.... Either one would clearly be a good start for you.... That way if YRC were to close, you will have the confidence in yourself to go out there and find yourself another job and the survival skills to survive and take care of your family till you have found that job.

Good luck and keep believing in yourself... Everything will be fine.... Now don't you worry about me.... I'M AN ARROGANT BASTARD!!!! I GUARANTEE YOU I WILL SURVIVE IF YRC WERE TO CLOSE!!!!

I can't be sure, but from what I heard, read and understand... corp. has had frozen wages for a while now. ??

Well now sinC, SisSy whatever your name is... What you "heard" is wrong.... What you "read".... You need to "reread"... "maybe" your vision is a little "cloudy"... What you "understand"... Well,, cant help you there..... Some of you want this "job" with "YRC" so badly "you" are willing to give up "everything" to say "you" work for YRC..... It is a "fact" Welch and his yes men got raises and bonuses....You just keep reading your "propaganda"..."JUST SAYING".... NOW... I AM FINISHED YOU.... YOU AND SOME OTHERS ARE NOT WORTH MY TIME..... Happy New Year.

I respect your opinion but don't agree at all. How long do you let the bully on the playground push you around before you fight back? The guys at the top, the Union officials, not a one of them are taking cuts. This will never stop until we stand up to these corporate bullies.
My opinion, VOTE NO and let the chips fall where they may!

I respect your opinion but don't agree at all. How long do you let the bully on the playground push you around before you fight back? The guys at the top, the Union officials, not a one of them are taking cuts. This will never stop until we stand up to these corporate bullies.
My opinion, VOTE NO and let the chips fall where they may!

From the avatar on your profile. It looks like you are an ABF employee.... Didn't you just vote YES to cuts???? strange really.....ABF is nowhere near in the financial distress as YRC is.... Yet ABF voted to take a cut. It doesn't sit right when I hear people from other companies saying how we should all vote No.

From the avatar on your profile. It looks like you are an ABF employee.... Didn't you just vote YES to cuts???? strange really.....ABF is nowhere near in the financial distress as YRC is.... Yet ABF voted to take a cut. It doesn't sit right when I hear people from other companies saying how we should all vote No.

Just because "the majority voted yes" does not mean "unbeatable voted yes"