Estes | Non-Hazmat

hightyde

2nd Amendment
Credits
Saw where 093 has 3 extraboard postings for non hazardous licensed drivers. What the heck is going on around here. Has it gotten that bad where Estes has to fill positions with drivers who dont have all the "required" endorsements ? Maybe better wages and benefits would help solve this problem and not have to hire all the rejects and retreads.

Saw where 093 has 3 extraboard postings for non hazardous licensed drivers. What the heck is going on around here. Has it gotten that bad where Estes has to fill positions with drivers who dont have all the "required" endorsements ? Maybe better wages and benefits would help solve this problem and not have to hire all the rejects and retreads.
I can't see where this will help, it will come back to bite them in the end.. Firs thing that's going to happen, a dock worker is going to put haz mat on one of them and he's gonna get stopped and fined heavy and lose his CDL.. second, the company is going to be fined for putting it on the driver, knowing full well he doesn't have endorsements... Good luck on this crap...

If you look Estesexpress.com job opportunity drivers they got non hazmat p&d and non hazmqt linehaul... I think maybe there doung it to get drivers in and allowing them some time to get there hazmat. Unless its some TL account.

Estes supervisors, inbound or outbound aren't that astute.. They'll fool around and slap some haz mat on these drivers and get their licence taken, mark my words..

Anyone know aboutthe two people that got fired at 027, they had been there for awhile,no wait,these were people that knew what they were doing that explains everything.

Anyone know aboutthe two people that got fired at 027, they had been there for awhile,no wait,these were people that knew what they were doing that explains everything.

Im from 027 and the 1 guy was there 21 yrs(dock supervisor) and Hr lady was there 5 years. Nobody knows exactly why

[QUOTE
Estes supervisors, inbound or outbound aren't that astute.. They'll fool around and slap some haz mat on these drivers and get their licence taken, mark my words..

It will be ok if there's not enough hazmat to require placards. If it does, I hope the driver in question would be smart enough to not pull the load.

Im from 027 and the 1 guy was there 21 yrs(dock supervisor) and Hr lady was there 5 years. Nobody knows exactly why
Is this recent? If so I have the skinny on the dock super,but I don't remember ever having an HR person there-sure it wasn't an office manager?

Is this recent? If so I have the skinny on the dock super,but I don't remember ever having an HR person there-sure it wasn't an office manager?

Yeah dock supervisor fired Tuesday, hr fired Wednesday. Maybe she was office manager they always said she was Hr she did all the stuff Hr would do.

Yeah dock supervisor fired Tuesday, hr fired Wednesday. Maybe she was office manager they always said she did all the stuff Hr would do.

Leaving at 10am with 20 stops.. 300 mile peddle runs.. Wanting the drivers to print good.. Not a very viable solution to the problem... It's a no-win situation as a supervisor... I wouldn't have the job and was offered 3 different times...

The way they want to load a driver down with stops is crazy. In the big picture pickups get missed or you have to send another driver to get pickups. How does that make sense???

they said in 093 that they hire them with the intention of getting hazmat endorsment in 120 days. if estes gets caught with unliecesed hazmat drivers pulling hazmat freight, were all going to get a rectal exam we dont want.

they said in 093 that they hire them with the intention of getting hazmat endorsment in 120 days. if estes gets caught with unliecesed hazmat drivers pulling hazmat freight, were all going to get a rectal exam we dont want.

True, and Estes has been known to do things recklessly, accidentally of course..LOL

I'm pretty sure that you can't pull ANY hazmat if you don't have the endorsement. Placards or not, it doesn't matter. After all, if you don't have the endorsement, how can you be expected to know what needs to be placarded?