Yellow | Non-Union Guy with a Question. Not Intended to be a Dis.

ScotchNeat

TB Veteran
Credits
I want to know why when most of you guys talk about your workplaces, you refer to it as your local number instead of the terminal's three letter code?

General Lee speaking if we are talking about union business (work rules, contract, etc.) we use the local union number. If we are talking freight we often use the terminal number. But there is obvious over lab.

General Lee speaking if we are talking about union business (work rules, contract, etc.) we use the local union number. If we are talking freight we often use the terminal number. But there is obvious over lab.
Wasn't General Lee the commander of the confederate army?

I want to know why when most of you guys talk about your workplaces, you refer to it as your local number instead of the terminal's three letter code?
Roadway used a number system. The number let you what region of the country it was located . Examples 1 was east coast , new England. Farther west you went the higher the first number is .

To answer your question; most of us are union first. I know I really don't care what name is on the truck as long as it's a union carrier. Companies are all the same.
I disagree one hundred percent, a union driver is broke down on the side of the road and it is a miracle if one of his own company drivers pulls over or even picks up a mic and asks if he needs help, you never see one of the other union carriers stop to see if a brother needs help. Also some of the rudest drivers who try and make life as difficult as possible on the highway are other union carriers, I often get more respect from the non union carriers than some of my brothers, especially anywhere around the south side of Chicago, between the YRC guys and the ABF guys it makes me embarrassed to say they are my brothers! Sorry but that is the way I feel. And don't even get me started with the UPS guys out there two abreast going slow because they are early for their window making you jump out in the illegal third lane on 294 if you want to make any time, and then the next two UPS guys are doing 70 because they are late for their window and all the non UPS drivers pulling their trailers that don't even know what the basic rules of the highway are. Doesn't make you very proud at all, and yes I know there are lots of good union guys out there doing a good job and always willing to help a brother out, I just always am running into the other ones.

I disagree one hundred percent, a union driver is broke down on the side of the road and it is a miracle if one of his own company drivers pulls over or even picks up a mic and asks if he needs help, you never see one of the other union carriers stop to see if a brother needs help. Also some of the rudest drivers who try and make life as difficult as possible on the highway are other union carriers, I often get more respect from the non union carriers than some of my brothers, especially anywhere around the south side of Chicago, between the YRC guys and the ABF guys it makes me embarrassed to say they are my brothers! Sorry but that is the way I feel. And don't even get me started with the UPS guys out there two abreast going slow because they are early for their window making you jump out in the illegal third lane on 294 if you want to make any time, and then the next two UPS guys are doing 70 because they are late for their window and all the non UPS drivers pulling their trailers that don't even know what the basic rules of the highway are. Doesn't make you very proud at all, and yes I know there are lots of good union guys out there doing a good job and always willing to help a brother out, I just always am running into the other ones.
The young guys don't stop because nobody told that they had too.First rule always help a brother union driver.period.:rulz::shift:

If you were broke down on Cicero ave.Would any one other trucker than a teamster stop.:452: