Estes | Now that fuel is back down will the trucks get turned up ??

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
soo with fuel down to 2.00 or even 1.89 in kc last week
will our trucks get turned back up ?? or are we used to it and don't care. me either way i guess. having a run at the hills was nice but i get there either way

will our trucks get turned back up ?? or are we used to it and don't care. me either way i guess. having a run at the hills was nice but i get there either way

I'd say good possibility they will turn 'em back up.

Bill counts getting higher everyday, schedules getting tighter means time getting more critical.

They've turned 'em up twice since I've worked here after turn downs so I don't see why they won't do it again.

The recent break in fuel prices is only a temporary respite. They will be $4 in the next year or two. I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure there are some egghead studies out there that "prove" how much safer and inexpensive tractors run when governed.

The recent break in fuel prices is only a temporary respite. They will be $4 in the next year or two. I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure there are some egghead studies out there that "prove" how much safer and inexpensive tractors run when governed.

Boy I hope your wrong about that $4 stuff, but it would'nt surprise me at all.

I also wish those eggheads would stop with those studies that prove nothing.

i know ive been driving a mack with the bigger motor and it burns 10 gallons less a night than my old truck. [ i got kicked out of my truck ] soo drive whatever till we figure out everything in kc

Boy I hope your wrong about that $4 stuff, but it would'nt surprise me at all.

I also wish those eggheads would stop with those studies that prove nothing.

Oh, it's coming. Fuel production is down worldwide. The only way for joe's like us to benefit is load up on Exxon or other oil stocks. As far as the eggheads go, we go way back to high school and have a standing agreement to leave each other be. They don't hack my computer and slash my credit rating and my kid won't beat up theirs.

As far as the eggheads go, we go way back to high school and have a standing agreement to leave each other be. They don't hack my computer and slash my credit rating and my kid won't beat up theirs.

Thats a good agreement ya got there with 'em...:biglaugh:I think I'll try that!

i know ive been driving a mack with the bigger motor and it burns 10 gallons less a night than my old truck. [ i got kicked out of my truck ] soo drive whatever till we figure out everything in kc

I don't doubt one bit that Mack gets better mpg's. I need one for the hills in KY every night.

Dear Rob......

What speed do they have you guys down to?Ours got turned back up.We were down to 65 but they did a cost benefit study and realized that they weren't saving anymore so they put us back up to 68.Tell your supervisors that R+L did it,maybe they will.

What speed do they have you guys down to?Ours got turned back up.We were down to 65 but they did a cost benefit study and realized that they weren't saving anymore so they put us back up to 68.Tell your supervisors that R+L did it,maybe they will.

I remember they did a study on ours years ago. I wasn't working here but I talked to some driver's and 68 was the number they came up with after testing several trucks. I dont know what happened with this 65 thing. I think it probably came from one of those overnite big shots we aquired. What kind motor do ya'all run in those big' ol large units? Hp?? We run cummins m11 350/370 hp. 64 with the cruise off and 65 with it on.

I remember they did a study on ours years ago. I wasn't working here but I talked to some driver's and 68 was the number they came up with after testing several trucks. I dont know what happened with this 65 thing. I think it probably came from one of those overnite big shots we aquired. What kind motor do ya'all run in those big' ol large units? Hp??

I believe they are derated 350 hp.They are the foreign junk motors but I sure was happy to pick that extra couple of mph back up.It helps on the hills.Also when they turned them down they didn't adjust the power bands in between gears so by turning them up we got back a little power too.We are at 66 on the pedal and 68 with the cruise now.

I remember they did a study on ours years ago. I wasn't working here but I talked to some driver's and 68 was the number they came up with after testing several trucks. I dont know what happened with this 65 thing. I think it probably came from one of those overnite big shots we aquired. What kind motor do ya'all run in those big' ol large units? Hp?? We run cummins m11 350/370 hp. 64 with the cruise off and 65 with it on.

I fuel at the same pilot every morning and depending on the weight I pulled that night, I've been using 10-20 gals. more on a 600 mile run since they cut my truck from 68 to 66.

I wish Richmond would understand this....the last cut-back was a waste of time and money.

I'm sure they are reading your words mister :smilie_132:

Ya I know, but I just hope they believe me. Sure ya I want to go faster, who does'nt? But I really am using more fuel every night since the turn down. I can show 'em on my fuel tickets.

600 miles....

before turn down.... 105 to 110 gal. approx.

after turn down..... 115 to 125 gal. approx.

Same roads, same truck, same fuel stop...pretty simple.

I will never get great fuel mileage on my run because of all the pulling I do going all the way across KY and back, but I used to do better.

I gotta admit though, I started this run in a old 7300 series unit no. truck and this 7500 unit no. series I've got now does alot better job on the hills.

I'd say good possibility they will turn 'em back up.

Bill counts getting higher everyday, schedules getting tighter means time getting more critical.

They've turned 'em up twice since I've worked here after turn downs so I don't see why they won't do it again.
Love that attitude KD. Maybe you can get our management to look at it that way.

I'm sure they are reading your words mister :smilie_132:

You mean you don't know BB!!! KD's got that direct number to "The White Courtesy Phone" in Big J's office ,man.:biglaugh:Just kiddin' KD. Don't jump on me, I'm still weak from vaca. The moonshine took advantage of me.:smilie_132:

I fuel at the same pilot every morning and depending on the weight I pulled that night, I've been using 10-20 gals. more on a 600 mile run since they cut my truck from 68 to 66.

I wish Richmond would understand this....the last cut-back was a waste of time and money.

When the trucks ran 68 the idle time was longer also.

You mean you don't know BB!!! KD's got that direct number to "The White Courtesy Phone" in Big J's office ,man.:biglaugh:Just kiddin' KD. Don't jump on me, I'm still weak from vaca. The moonshine took advantage of me.:smilie_132:

I know your just kiddn Rman, I would'nt jump on ya.

But take it from an ole TN country boy, you be careful with that moon, it will take advantage of ya....:knockout:.
I ain't preaching to ya, just been there done that kinda thing ya know?