Estes | now that the speed is slower

how good are your trucks fuel milage really doin

BB, What is the speed at the Big E now? We do 62mph, I get right at 8mpg on a 250 or 300 mile run, when I stay in town I get around 7.25-7.75, thats doing around 100-150 miles, keep in mind thats starting out with a full pup, 15,000 on average and getting empty as the day goes on, our shuttle drivers pull emptys to Little Rock and then loads back and they get awful mileage, it ranges from 5.5-6.75 or so, they have the hill to climb from Alma to Fayetteville AR. though, with 2 loaded pups, its rare that one is loaded with less than 10,000# and usually not more than 18,000#. I just thought it would be interesting to compare since we both use International 8600's.

I normally calculate my milage out of habbit. And I used to get 5.8-6.2 mpg. Now I get 6.0 -6.4 mpg average.. Ofcourse pull'n pups has more wind drag than a 53'. Mountain's "Georgia OverDrive" all play a factor. :Violin: Aint much difference. I just wish they would extend the idle time so I can sleep longer:Zzzz::D The difference may be the idle time instead of the speed.

yes we run 65 on the pedal and 66 on the cruise, if ya play with the cruise on the newer trucks you can get 67.
i think our whole problem is the small motors the big rob has in these fine mexcain trucks.
pullin pups will drag like a mother. then that big ol 333 horse monster in the west coast gets 4 or 5 mpg's.
i'm gettin 5.92 mpg's on my run

yes we run 65 on the pedal and 66 on the cruise, if ya play with the cruise on the newer trucks you can get 67.
i think our whole problem is the small motors the big rob has in these fine mexcain trucks.
pullin pups will drag like a mother. then that big ol 333 horse monster in the west coast gets 4 or 5 mpg's.
i'm gettin 5.92 mpg's on my run

There is a way around the governer. If you are running down a hill, and are maxed out... Throw the clutch in, rev up the RPMs, pop the clutch, it will give you about three more MPH. When that maxes out, do it again. I've had my day cab over 80 with throttle before. Why this works, I don't know. How I figured this out, I don't know.... Talk about bored. We also have a spare at our barn with no governer at all. Ah, like the good 'ole days!:funky:

There is a way around the governer. If you are running down a hill, and are maxed out... Throw the clutch in, rev up the RPMs, pop the clutch, it will give you about three more MPH. When that maxes out, do it again. I've had my day cab over 80 with throttle before. Why this works, I don't know. How I figured this out, I don't know.... Talk about bored. We also have a spare at our barn with no governer at all. Ah, like the good 'ole days!:funky:

Great post! That'll give me something to do when I'm working tomarrow. I'm always fiddle fart'n around try'n to get that tonka toy to hammer down. Anyone else have any tips n tricks please feel free to let us know........Just wanting to be able to deliver Rob's freight quicker so the customer's will be happy:toxic::D

new linehaul trucks ........if your rolling down a hill mash the hammer and hit the set on the cruise and let off both while rollin 70 or so and you'll end up at 67 or 68 mph till you gotta hit the brakes

when going down hill shift truck into nuetral...... push fuel peddle to floor then pull out on the little red knob on the dash ... then you'll be off to the races :toxic::hysterical:

when going down hill shift truck into nuetral...... push fuel peddle to floor then pull out on the little red knob on the dash ... then you'll be off to the races :toxic::hysterical:
:1036316054: If that don't work I'll try that right turn signal lever thingy and see what happen's. Keep a post'n boys. We are finally gitting to the good posts. More speed and more power. The american way. We'll have em trucks a roll'n good soon....... Get a 2 hour nap and still arrive early. :D

Some of them thar older Trucks have a Blue knob that can be pulled as well. It doesn't do much and is stated upon it NOT FOR PARKING, so I guess it it just a coaster brake.
---
--Dumping the Clutch whilst rolling downhill can possibly destroy it as well.--
It would be interesting to here THAT explanation.
jest foolin' around:chairshot:!!

I tried doing that rolling ,dump the clutch ,thingy while I was employed by some Arkansaw hillbillies that own P.A.M.By shear luck, and happen stance,and five gallons of old motor oil with metal shavings, the old FDL with about half a billion miles on her,and shook so bad, that I could mix a perfect margarita while going across route 10 in LA. without being near a blender,was replaced by a brand new Century Class.While rolling up and over that E-ticket ride known as Sidling Pass, and armed, with what I thought to be, cutting edge knowledge of how to beat the man, and foil his feeble attempt at curtailing my thirst for maximum velocity,hurled myself and 85,000 pounds of steel and mostly plastic truck down the mountain until I reached a speed of around 95(i was told 75 would do but,I just didn't think that was an adequate speed)mph and while reaching for the freshly made margarita(Ok,that last parts a lie)I caught the sleeve of my coat on the shifter putting the truck into,oh,I dont know,5th gear maybe.The sound the transmission made as it went into both high and low sides was what a T-REX must have sounded like giving birth,very impressive.Shortly there after the arkansas hillbillies deemed i wasn't up to snuff or just out of my f#*!ing mind,seeing how some rat bastard JB Hunt driver told them how i did destroy their truck.Sorry about rattling on so,but i just had some coffee my sister sent me from Jamaica,damn stuffs like jet fuel.stay safe

You DO pop the clutch while the RPM's are up! Foot flat to the floor... Clutch meets nicely. In neutral, rmp's scream up toward 22... The computer loves meeting up with them!

And I thought you guys were truck drivers! Everyone knows to get the most outta the equiptment you hafta max out the rpms then throw in the little lever under the 5th wheel slide, that way all the drive shafts are working which in theory should double the speed of your trk

not in texas

I was going down to south texas out of houston at night and I was doing 65 mph and 2 Estes trucks pullin doubles flew by me doin 70 mph or faster.

I was going down to south texas out of houston at night and I was doing 65 mph and 2 Estes trucks pullin doubles flew by me doin 70 mph or faster.

well they had the tennesse tune up workin for themselves, sometimes you gotta put the hammer down