Estes | O S & D Bonus

imported_Turned

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is line haul drivers not entitled to this bonus? I assume line does not have anything they could do to get overage or shortage, but they sure could damage the heck out of the freight. Just curious due to people in the office that only transfers phone calls gets this bonus, supervisors also get this bonus and so on. Oh by the way the Safety bonus drivers get is for accidents and all drivers with no accidents get this.

No ,the P&D and Hub drivers do not get a safe driving bonus.Linehaul doesn't get OS&D bonus because they don't handle the freight.

We do not have hub drivers. Our P&D guys get the saftey bonus. All drivers get the bonus as long as they have no chargeable accidents. And how much freight does a clerk handle? None and yet they get the OS&D bonus. And line drivers do handle freight, not alot but they are requierd to load and move freight at terminals or in case of overweight where the freight can be moved to the back of the trailer and so on. My question is why????

a cleark can make something a claim fast. a stupied mess up can cost a bunch so i see that. linehaul also to we wreak that would be a big ol claim on alot of stuff. but thats covered on a saftey deal. i dont care if the city gets both bonus for the city don't make what linehaul does. city has to be safe and get the frieght in and out with no claims. i guess they deserve it. same deal on hub drivers they are paid less than us. basically we get paid more and do less with the frieght. i'm not to concerned with who gets what anyway... good for those that got it. noone got it in k.c. saftey yes but os&d no

OK I am going to rephrase this. Does anyone out there know why linehaul does not get the OS&D bonus? Please do not answer with assumptions. I am curious and I have not gotten a straight answer from anyone about this.

Hi this is Rickymortin i am a new user of this site but I get lot of information to this site. I have been playing fantasy football for years but do not recall this bonus offense category. Can anyone give me some info on it? There are 3 bonuses each for Passing Yards, Rushing Yards, Reception Yards and Return Yards. This is a yahoo custom league not a public league and I am the commissioner (sorry I didn't mention that originally)
Thanks to web master.
==============================================
ricky045
You can find the best special betting offers on Betting Choice. Don't miss Euro 2008 the biggest football game of the year! You can start winning now!
Euro 2008 football betting odds and bonus offer. Euro 2008 football game.

OK I am going to rephrase this. Does anyone out there know why linehaul does not get the OS&D bonus? Please do not answer with assumptions. I am curious and I have not gotten a straight answer from anyone about this.
The only one who can ans this is the term. manager,and he might even be talking in circles or try HR. Anyone seen the shop steward?:biglaugh:

Probably for the same reason they want us to sleep in these nasty a$$ bunkrooms:poster_oops: that was an a$$umption.

I could drive like an idiot i could sell the stuff in the trailer, a linehaul driver does contribute to Over, Short,Damaged

I could drive like an idiot i could sell the stuff in the trailer, a linehaul driver does contribute to Over, Short,Damaged

I'm going to tread carefully here... As I see, in the northeast, most of the damages do occur in the linehual trip. Always due to two factors.. 1) Bad loading by the dock guys... 2) Poorly packaged freight.
You can't put freight on these dumb pups, and expect unsecured skids not to bounce all over the place. You linehaul guys just gotta pull what you're given. It's a suprise every time that we open the door.
I'll walk my dock, and see skids up on load bars, with one bar in front to keep it from sliding forward. Alot of people don't realize, freight bounces UP and DOWN. If you put a load bar over the TOP of that skid and hold it tight to the decking, it isn't going anywhere, ever, if the skid is wrapped properly.
There used to be a video out there, years ago, of a full trailer. It showed how skids can bounce up to two feet off the floor.
I have heard that Estes is building a trailer with plexiglass walls, and gonna do the same thing from an outside view. I can only hope they use pups to drive the point home..
As far as you linehaul guys go, I have never seen a linehaul tractor trashed, like the city trucks get. Some of these tractors have 800 thousand miles on them, and they look like showroom condition. If a driver cares about where he is sitting, than he cares about what he is pulling. In my ten years at Estes, I have NEVER met a linehaul driver who was an idiot, or unprofessional. You guys absolutely should get the os&d bonus. This is the first time I've ever heard that you didn't. That's just not right..

I'm going to tread carefully here... As I see, in the northeast, most of the damages do occur in the linehual trip. Always due to two factors.. 1) Bad loading by the dock guys... 2) Poorly packaged freight.
You can't put freight on these dumb pups, and expect unsecured skids not to bounce all over the place. You linehaul guys just gotta pull what you're given. It's a suprise every time that we open the door.
I'll walk my dock, and see skids up on load bars, with one bar in front to keep it from sliding forward. Alot of people don't realize, freight bounces UP and DOWN. If you put a load bar over the TOP of that skid and hold it tight to the decking, it isn't going anywhere, ever, if the skid is wrapped properly.
There used to be a video out there, years ago, of a full trailer. It showed how skids can bounce up to two feet off the floor.
I have heard that Estes is building a trailer with plexiglass walls, and gonna do the same thing from an outside view. I can only hope they use pups to drive the point home..
As far as you linehaul guys go, I have never seen a linehaul tractor trashed, like the city trucks get. Some of these tractors have 800 thousand miles on them, and they look like showroom condition. If a driver cares about where he is sitting, than he cares about what he is pulling. In my ten years at Estes, I have NEVER met a linehaul driver who was an idiot, or unprofessional. You guys absolutely should get the os&d bonus. This is the first time I've ever heard that you didn't. That's just not right..
Thats why they told us not to put loose drums on the tail,they bounce! Unless linehaul is willing to check the way its loaded I don't agree, I'm p/d and I still break the seal to check it, our guys love to put a knee high skid in front of a 7' barely wrapped skid,WHY?? who knows.:shrug:

That's why they told us not to put loose drums on the tail,they bounce! Unless linehaul is willing to check the way its loaded I don't agree, I'm p/d and I still break the seal to check it, our guys love to put a knee high skid in front of a 7' barely wrapped skid,WHY?? who knows.:shrug:

Apathy,and the fact most of these guys that load freight have never, ever, had to deliver said freight to a customer that's been waiting days and now has to reorder.And the training trailer showed a 55gal drum on the tail unsecured that bounced about 5feet in the air after hitting a bump going 15 mph.

Thats why they told us not to put loose drums on the tail,they bounce! Unless linehaul is willing to check the way its loaded I don't agree, I'm p/d and I still break the seal to check it, our guys love to put a knee high skid in front of a 7' barely wrapped skid,WHY?? who knows.:shrug:

The guys in our barn, usually have thier loads sealed and ready to go... Not sure if you L/H drivers can check your trailers. If that's the case, I would raise hell before I had to leave with it..

you guys are right,.. line should not get the bonus i was just bustin top flight

you guys are right,.. line should not get the bonus i was just bustin top flight

Not what I was saying at all.... Everyone who moves that freight one inch should get the bonus... Though the amount some years is not worth having convulsions over, that's for sure!:hissyfit::ranting2::eck15:

Legshot made perfect values on a former post here and he was right, you guy could get the bonous IF you loaded your own wagon. BUT you do not load it and there is no way you even know how it is loaded. I have seen very few, VERY FEW line drivers abuse the truck and they always seem to drive like they are hauling a floor load of bowling balls, very impressed by that.

The dock and the city guys are where the damage is noticed. Mostly the damage is done by the dock though, I have witnessed 1st hand this and if something is not controlled soon this company will be hauling freight just to pay for damages.

[city guys are where the damage is noticed.]Crack does not agree with you Topflight!Put the pipe down.Any p/d driver worth his salt knows to load the trl to ride when making p/u's thats why we have a pallet jack load bars and if not the customer 95% of the time will pull back some skids to keep his stuff from getting screwed up

Did you fire these employees on the spot and if not then your FIRED!!! beerboy imagine ant saying this as vince.

I friggin crack myself up :hysterical:

AnthonyCumia.jpg

"YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!"