SAIA | OH.A dedicated driver hit a bridge & drove off to make his deliveries.

I am in Cincy. The driver did not continue to make deliveries but he did still have freight on the truck. We heard in the driver room he thought he could make it back to the terminal with it. He was brought in from another terminal to help out. He probably hit a railroad overpass in an old part of town. I dont know but I bet he was running with a Tom Tom or Garmen and it took him down a road where if he made a left turn he would never have seen the low underpass marking but knew something happened once he heard the top of the trailer coming off. It was our only liftgate so that will mess us up big time. I feel bad for the guy.

Well hitting a bridge is one thing.
It happens when one is not totally focusing one the surroundings.

However not stopping at the scene,turns any crash into a hit and run.
So makeminetall do you know if this driver is still employed at Saia?

I'm kind of interested in knowing how your company is viewing this incident?

Knowing the safety department they will give him three days off then make him available to the industry.
It was a bad time to try and deliver a bridge.

I am a Saia driver and it is my understanding that nothing happined to this driver, no drug test , no discipline what so ever.

I don't work out of the cinci terminal, but I'm there sevral times a week, and I've been told by pretty reliable sources that they are running around 200 bills a day

work out of nrf va just lost our tm due the new dark terminal thing im gonna put in a transfer to cincy this week, been with saia for 8 years now whats the top pay in cincy

sorry about that cokeman, I was a little off on my bill count......hell come on in the water seems to be fine, the dock is a little screwed up...I made my cut for the first time in threee weeks on sat. morn. I'm usually at least an hour and a half late on my cut out of there in the mornings

We have 3-4 pups a night going to CIN. With all the freight going up that way just out of the few terminals around here, I imagine you guys are very busy there.