Estes | ohio to raise speed limits

Now instead of just bouncing myself to death rounding Columbus, OH......I can hopefully go so fast (that's right, the whole 67 mph pegged baby) that I'll just glide right over the potholes and ripples!

Git r done driver! I got the same deal on the west side of the bypass of Cincy coming off 75. I'm gonna hit that rough ole Ohio river bridge tonight like a ski slope with both feet flat on the floor...lol

There's an Obama stab here somewhere, I just don't have the mental energy for it. Little help?:TR10driving03:

Ya your right but I'm gonna hafta mull that one over a little while......Not to sharp right now, worked hard in the yard today and headed for that Mon. afternoon nap to get ready to run tonight.

PR Newswire, March 30th 2009

Ya your right but I'm gonna hafta mull that one over a little while......Not to sharp right now, worked hard in the yard today and headed for that Mon. afternoon nap to get ready to run tonight.

Illinois Legislature overwhelmingly approved an increase in the state speed limit today. When questioned on the reasoning for the measure, one local representative explained the move:

"We need to facilitate the increased traffic flow as legislators scramble to distance themselves from the support they had shown the President prior to his election":nutkick:

In Related News

Illinois Legislature overwhelmingly approved an increase in the state speed limit today. When questioned on the reasoning for the measure, one local representative explained the move:

"We need to facilitate the increased traffic flow as legislators scramble to distance themselves from the support they had shown the President prior to his election":nutkick:

Ohio legislature approved a similar measure today, but citing very different reasoning.

"If all of your sports teams sucked this bad, you'd be helping people drive away, too".:biglaugh:

:hysterical: excellent.....

When I jump in the hammer lane in those states I make sure it takes a while to pass. Expecially Ohio.

In a response, filed by the Ohio State Patrol, a spokesman said that passage of the increase would trigger Trooper protests statewide. Budget cuts have prompted the Patrol to giving lower pay increases each year. Troopers say if they actually have to work to give tickets, they want a pay increase. Currently truckers are easy targets since they attempt to stay close to prevailing traffic speed and it costs them alot of money to challenge tickets they are issued.
:joke::ontopic:

Does anyone know an exact date this is supposed to go in effect? I don't think we will have any problem with Gov. Strickland blocking this but, we have been through this before only to have it shot down at the last minute.

In a response, filed by the Ohio State Patrol, a spokesman said that passage of the increase would trigger Trooper protests statewide. Budget cuts have prompted the Patrol to giving lower pay increases each year. Troopers say if they actually have to work to give tickets, they want a pay increase. Currently truckers are easy targets since they attempt to stay close to prevailing traffic speed and it costs them alot of money to challenge tickets they are issued.
:joke::ontopic:

:biglaugh:That's funny vwaggs, but the sad part is that it's probably close to the truth!

Does anyone know an exact date this is supposed to go in effect? I don't think we will have any problem with Gov. Strickland blocking this but, we have been through this before only to have it shot down at the last minute.

I've tried to find any article that tells when the new law goes into effect and can't find one yet.

I do remember a time or two though when Strickland shot a speed limit bill down before it made it to a vote, but I don't think he can do it this time because the state congress has voted on it and it's been passed into law.

I'll keep trying to find out though when it takes effect...

I heard yesterday that July first is the date. There's a 90 day period for any new laws unless its an emergency measure.