R&L | Ok here's one for you all to ponder....r+l being self insured....check this out

S

slugbug

with the advent of our illustrious government allowing companies like R+L to claim being self insured the advent of the INJURED ON THE JOB EMPLOYEE has no financial protection here at R+L even though they are seriously injured on the job and in the hospital and unable to work. I have noticed many driver working in the office in Dallas. The latest one appeared to me walking in a walker. Obviously lucky to be on his feet after falling in the trailer and apparantly braking several cervical vertibrae, some fused some replced with titanium I hope and a couple broken teeth....but this man has been at home without one dime of support from our illustrious company. this man is unable to walk....he says he will never recover or be able to drive again and this company is not liable for future income? WTF is that. Here we have another 56 year old man die in his truck on july 12 and R+L does nothing to let his mother know they appreciate his service? The company has so many guys here in dallas on the virge of heat stroke and they just keep pushing harder. Any and ALL of you need to understand it is time to slow down and self preserve. You take 10 minutes after you complete the pickup and cool down....you hydrate....you relax....the don't pay us 3200 an hour....tops in dallas is 2342. and as far as I am concerned far from enough. I have made the commitmant to start looking. I will take my time here at r&l but will do just enough. Seeing the outcome of these injuries and that death has made me realize R+L Carriers does not give a toot about us. wake up peepsters:tumbleweed::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
with the advent of our illustrious government allowing companies like R+L to claim being self insured the advent of the INJURED ON THE JOB EMPLOYEE has no financial protection here at R+L even though they are seriously injured on the job and in the hospital and unable to work. I have noticed many driver working in the office in Dallas. The latest one appeared to me walking in a walker. Obviously lucky to be on his feet after falling in the trailer and apparantly braking several cervical vertibrae, some fused some replced with titanium I hope and a couple broken teeth....but this man has been at home without one dime of support from our illustrious company. this man is unable to walk....he says he will never recover or be able to drive again and this company is not liable for future income? WTF is that. Here we have another 56 year old man die in his truck on july 12 and R+L does nothing to let his mother know they appreciate his service? The company has so many guys here in dallas on the virge of heat stroke and they just keep pushing harder. Any and ALL of you need to understand it is time to slow down and self preserve. You take 10 minutes after you complete the pickup and cool down....you hydrate....you relax....the don't pay us 3200 an hour....tops in dallas is 2342. and as far as I am concerned far from enough. I have made the commitmant to start looking. I will take my time here at r&l but will do just enough. Seeing the outcome of these injuries and that death has made me realize R+L Carriers does not give a toot about us. wake up peepsters:tumbleweed::clap:
You get paid by the hour brother.....Don't waste a minute....Take your time and put safety first....Don't be rushed by a pushy dispatcher. If they get missed its not your problem. He needs to send backup.....Like I said.....YOU GET PAID BY THE HOUR....DON'T WASTE A MINUTE. Because if you get hurt........Your on your own.

So glad I got away from that hell hole...What a JOKE R&L Carriers has become....They don't give a damn about their employees or customers...Thats just the way Zimmerman and Roby want it to be, so hopefully you overpaid drivers will quit, and they can replace you with a $12.00 an hour driver..

I use to really love what R+L brought to the table. Lots of work....paycheck is always good....slow times were not a problem here in DFW. To be honest I thought there was absolutely no worker's comp pay but what R+L worker's comp doctor policy is....if you can get out of bed and get dressed....you must then come in for light duty.....even if you need a walker to take a step....maybe worker's comp has changed. I don't want to bash the company alltogether....they were here when I thought I needed them....but in essence....I too was here for them......when the right thing comes along....I will thank them for the opportunity, but I won't look back. Life is too short to let this company work me into submission. That I will not do.

I use to really love what R+L brought to the table. Lots of work....paycheck is always good....slow times were not a problem here in DFW. To be honest I thought there was absolutely no worker's comp pay but what R+L worker's comp doctor policy is....if you can get out of bed and get dressed....you must then come in for light duty.....even if you need a walker to take a step....maybe worker's comp has changed. I don't want to bash the company alltogether....they were here when I thought I needed them....but in essence....I too was here for them......when the right thing comes along....I will thank them for the opportunity, but I won't look back. Life is too short to let this company work me into submission. That I will not do.
I worked for R&L so let me tell you this and take it for what its worth. From your earlier post you should realize they will work you into an early grave....I knew Wayne the man that just died in Dallas on the job. He was found dead in his tractor at a customers dock. He was stressed from the constant demands of the dispatcher. R&L could care less...... All they care about is making those pickups and deliveries...Wayne may you rest in peace.